Test of random versus fixed effects with small within variation
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Hausman, Jerry A & Taylor, William E, 1981.
"Panel Data and Unobservable Individual Effects,"
Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 49(6), pages 1377-1398, November.
- Kearney, Melissa Schettini, 2005. "State lotteries and consumer behavior," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 89(11-12), pages 2269-2299, December.
- Hausman, Jerry, 2015.
"Specification tests in econometrics,"
Applied Econometrics, Russian Presidential Academy of National Economy and Public Administration (RANEPA), vol. 38(2), pages 112-134.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Joseph L Dieleman & Tara Templin, 2014. "Random-Effects, Fixed-Effects and the within-between Specification for Clustered Data in Observational Health Studies: A Simulation Study," PLOS ONE, Public Library of Science, vol. 9(10), pages 1-17, October.
- Wang, Yun & Zhang, Yonghui & Zhou, Qiankun, 2016. "A Stein-like estimator for linear panel data models," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 141(C), pages 156-161.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Su, Liangjun & Lu, Xun, 2013. "Nonparametric dynamic panel data models: Kernel estimation and specification testing," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 176(2), pages 112-133.
- O'Brien, Raymond & Patacchini, Eleonora, 2003. "Testing the exogeneity assumption in panel data models with "non classical" disturbances," Discussion Paper Series In Economics And Econometrics 0302, Economics Division, School of Social Sciences, University of Southampton.
- Philippe Cyrenne & Robert Fenton & Joseph Warbanski, 2006. "Historic Buildings and Rehabilitation Expenditures: A Panel Data Approach," Journal of Real Estate Research, American Real Estate Society, vol. 28(4), pages 349-380.
- Marcelo José Braga Nonnenberg & Mário Jorge Cardoso de Mendonça, 2004. "Determinantes dos Investimentos Diretos Externos em Países em Desenvolvimento," Discussion Papers 1016, Instituto de Pesquisa Econômica Aplicada - IPEA.
- Andrés Rodríguez-Pose & Tobias D. Ketterer, 2012.
"Do Local Amenities Affect The Appeal Of Regions In Europe For Migrants?,"
Journal of Regional Science, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 52(4), pages 535-561, October.
- Ketterer, Tobias & Rodriguez-Pose, Andres, 2012. "Do Local Amenities Affect the Appeal of Regions in Europe for Migrants?," CEPR Discussion Papers 8964, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Andrés Rodríguez-Pose & Tobias D. Ketterer, 2012. "Do local amenities affect the appeal of regions in Europe for migrants?," Working Papers 2012-04, Instituto Madrileño de Estudios Avanzados (IMDEA) Ciencias Sociales.
- Baltagi, Badi H. & Bresson, Georges & Pirotte, Alain, 2009.
"Testing the fixed effects restrictions? A Monte Carlo study of Chamberlain's Minimum Chi-Squared test,"
Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 79(10), pages 1358-1362, May.
- Baltagi H-B & Bresson G. & Pirotte A., 2007. "Testing the fixed effects restrictions? A Monte Carlo study of Chamberlain’s Minimum Chi-Squared test," Working Papers ERMES 0703, ERMES, University Paris 2.
- Badi H. Baltagi & Georges Bresson & Alain Pirotte, 2009. "Testing the Fixed Effects Restrictions? A Monte Carlo Study of Chamberlain's Minimum Chi-Squared Test," Center for Policy Research Working Papers 115, Center for Policy Research, Maxwell School, Syracuse University.
- Jones, Andrew M. & Wildman, John, 2008. "Health, income and relative deprivation: Evidence from the BHPS," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 27(2), pages 308-324, March.
- Vânia G. Silva & Esmeralda A. Ramalho & Carlos R. Vieira, 2017.
"The Use of Cheques in the European Union: A Cross-Country Analysis,"
Open Economies Review, Springer, vol. 28(3), pages 581-602, July.
- Vania Silva & Esmeralda Ramalho & Carlos Vieira, 2016. "The use of cheques in the European Union: a cross-country analysis," CEFAGE-UE Working Papers 2016_03, University of Evora, CEFAGE-UE (Portugal).
- Hausman, Jerry A., 2003. "Triangular structural model specification and estimation with application to causality," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 112(1), pages 107-113, January.
- Martin, Sheila Ann, 1992. "The effectiveness of state technology incentives: evidence from the machine tool industry," ISU General Staff Papers 1992010108000011381, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Cardamone, Paola, 2007.
"A Survey of the Assessments of the Effectiveness of Preferential Trade Agreements using Gravity Models,"
Economia Internazionale / International Economics, Camera di Commercio Industria Artigianato Agricoltura di Genova, vol. 60(4), pages 421-473.
- Cardamone, Paola, 2007. "A survey of the assessments of the effectiveness of Preferential Trade Agreements using gravity models," Working Papers 7282, TRADEAG - Agricultural Trade Agreements.
- Pitlik, Hans & Schmid, Gunther & Strotmann, Harald, 2001. "Bargaining Power of Smaller States in Germany's Landerfinanzausgleich 1979-90," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 109(1-2), pages 183-201, October.
- Soo, Kwok Tong & Elliott, Caroline, 2010.
"Does price matter? Overseas students in UK higher education,"
Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 29(4), pages 553-565, August.
- K T Soo & C F Elliott, 2008. "Does price matter? Overseas students In UK higher education," Working Papers 596594, Lancaster University Management School, Economics Department.
- Tiemen Woutersen & Jerry Hausman, 2005.
"Estimating a Semi-Parametric Duration Model without Specifying Heterogeneity,"
Economics Working Paper Archive
525, The Johns Hopkins University,Department of Economics.
- Jerry Hausman & Tiemen M. Woutersen, 2005. "Estimating a semi-parametric duration model without specifying heterogeneity," CeMMAP working papers CWP11/05, Centre for Microdata Methods and Practice, Institute for Fiscal Studies.
- Yushi Yoshida & Hiro Ito, 2006.
"How Do the Asian Economies Compete With Japan in the US Market? Is China Exceptional? A Triangular Trade Approach,"
Asia Pacific Business Review, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 12(3), pages 285-307, July.
- Yushi Yoshida & Hiro Ito, 2004. "How do the Asian Economies Compete with Japan in the US Market, China Exceptional? A Triangular Trade Approach," Discussion Papers 18, Kyushu Sangyo University, Faculty of Economics.
- Mogues, Tewodaj & Benin, Samuel, 2012.
"Do External Grants to District Governments Discourage Own Revenue Generation? A Look at Local Public Finance Dynamics in Ghana,"
World Development, Elsevier, vol. 40(5), pages 1054-1067.
- Mogues, Tewodaj & Benin, Samuel & Cudjoe, Godsway, 2009. "Do external grants to district governments discourage own-revenue generation?: A look at local public finance dynamics in Ghana," IFPRI discussion papers 934, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Felix FitzRoy & Kornelius Kraft, 2005. "Co‐determination, Efficiency and Productivity," British Journal of Industrial Relations, London School of Economics, vol. 43(2), pages 233-247, June.
- Jan Hanousek & Eugene Kroch, 1998. "The two waves of voucher privatization in the Czech Republic: a model of learning in sequential bidding," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 30(1), pages 133-143.
- Salvador Gil Pareja & Juan Antonio Mañez Castillejo, 1996. "Determinants of the Spanish manufacturing exports to the European Union: a panel data analysis," Investigaciones Economicas, Fundación SEPI, vol. 20(2), pages 177-193, May.
- Jeon, Jae Sik, 2019. "How housing market responds to greenbelt relaxation: Case of Seoul Metropolitan Area, South Korea," Land Use Policy, Elsevier, vol. 84(C), pages 328-334.
More about this item
KeywordsHausman test Within variation Bootstrap;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:ecolet:v:112:y:2011:i:3:p:293-297. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Haili He). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/ecolet .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.