Conditions for the numerical equality of the OLS, GLS and Amemiya–Cragg estimators
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- McAleer, Michael, 1992. "Efficient Estimation: The Rao-Zyskind Condition, Kruskal's Theorem and Ordinary Least Squares," The Economic Record, The Economic Society of Australia, vol. 68(200), pages 65-72, March.
- Amemiya, Takeshi, 1983. "Partially generalized least squares and two-stage least squares estimators," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 23(2), pages 275-283, October.
- Gourieroux, Christian & Monfort, Alain, 1980. "Sufficient Linear Structures: Econometric Applications," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 48(5), pages 1083-1097, July.
- Baltagi, Badi H., 1989. "Applications of a necessary and sufficient condition for OLS to be BLUE," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 8(5), pages 457-461, October.
- Cragg, John G, 1983. "More Efficient Estimation in the Presence of Heteroscedasticity of Unknown Form," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 51(3), pages 751-763, May.
More about this item
KeywordsOrdinary least squares; Generalized least squares; Amemiya–Cragg estimator;
- C20 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Single Equation Models; Single Variables - - - General
- C21 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Single Equation Models; Single Variables - - - Cross-Sectional Models; Spatial Models; Treatment Effect Models
- C22 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Single Equation Models; Single Variables - - - Time-Series Models; Dynamic Quantile Regressions; Dynamic Treatment Effect Models; Diffusion Processes
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:ecolet:v:116:y:2012:i:3:p:538-540. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/ecolet .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.