Conditions for the numerical equality of the OLS, GLS and Amemiya–Cragg estimators
This paper extends previous results on the equality of OLS and GLS. We give conditions under which GLS based on two different variance matrices gives the same estimate, and also conditions under which GLS equals a GMM estimator.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Baltagi, Badi H., 1989. "Applications of a necessary and sufficient condition for OLS to be BLUE," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 8(5), pages 457-461, October.
- McAleer, Michael, 1992. "Efficient Estimation: The Rao-Zyskind Condition, Kruskal's Theorem and Ordinary Least Squares," The Economic Record, The Economic Society of Australia, vol. 68(200), pages 65-72, March.
- Amemiya, Takeshi, 1983. "Partially generalized least squares and two-stage least squares estimators," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 23(2), pages 275-283, October.
- Cragg, John G, 1983. "More Efficient Estimation in the Presence of Heteroscedasticity of Unknown Form," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 51(3), pages 751-763, May.
- Gourieroux, Christian & Monfort, Alain, 1980. "Sufficient Linear Structures: Econometric Applications," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 48(5), pages 1083-1097, July.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:ecolet:v:116:y:2012:i:3:p:538-540. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Shamier, Wendy)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.