Privatization neutrality theorem revisited
Fjell and Heywood (2004) show that privatization is not necessarily welfare neutral in mixed oligopolies under a production subsidy if firms move sequentially. We find that the neutrality holds for any time structure if instead an output floor is introduced.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Kato, Kazuhiko & Tomaru, Yoshihiro, 2007. "Mixed oligopoly, privatization, subsidization, and the order of firms' moves: Several types of objectives," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 96(2), pages 287-292, August.
- White, Mark D., 1996. "Mixed oligopoly, privatization and subsidization," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 53(2), pages 189-195, November.
- Maria José Gil-Moltó & Joanna Poyago-Theotoky & Vasileios Zikos, 2011.
"R&D Subsidies, Spillovers, and Privatization in Mixed Markets,"
Southern Economic Journal,
Southern Economic Association, vol. 78(1), pages 233-255, July.
- Maria José Gil Moltó & Joanna Poyago.Theotoky & Vasileios Zikos, 2010. "R&D Subsidies, Spillovers and Privatization in Mixed Markets," Discussion Papers in Economics 10/19, Department of Economics, University of Leicester.
- Matsumura, Toshihiro, 1998. "Partial privatization in mixed duopoly," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 70(3), pages 473-483, December.
- repec:ebl:ecbull:v:12:y:2006:i:5:p:1-6 is not listed on IDEAS
- Fjell, Kenneth & Heywood, John S., 2004. "Mixed oligopoly, subsidization and the order of firm's moves: the relevance of privatization," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 83(3), pages 411-416, June.
- De Fraja, Gianni & Iossa, Elisabetta, 1998. "Price Caps and Output Floors: A Comparison of Simple Regulatory Rules," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 108(450), pages 1404-1421, September.
- repec:ebl:ecbull:v:8:y:2007:i:2:p:1-7 is not listed on IDEAS
- Toshihiro Matsumura & Daisuke Shimizu, 2010. "Privatization Waves," Manchester School, University of Manchester, vol. 78(6), pages 609-625, December.
- Yoshihiro Tomaru & Masayuki Saito, 2010. "Mixed Duopoly, Privatization And Subsidization In An Endogenous Timing Framework," Manchester School, University of Manchester, vol. 78(1), pages 41-59, 01.
- Matsumura, Toshihiro & Ogawa, Akira, 2012. "Price versus quantity in a mixed duopoly," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 116(2), pages 174-177. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)