A new irrelevance result in an endogenous timing with a consumer-friendly public firm
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Lyon,Thomas P. & Maxwell,John W., 2004. "Corporate Environmentalism and Public Policy," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521819473, Enero.
- Kato, Kazuhiko & Tomaru, Yoshihiro, 2007. "Mixed oligopoly, privatization, subsidization, and the order of firms' moves: Several types of objectives," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 96(2), pages 287-292, August.
- Hamilton, Jonathan H. & Slutsky, Steven M., 1990.
"Endogenous timing in duopoly games: Stackelberg or cournot equilibria,"
Games and Economic Behavior,
Elsevier, vol. 2(1), pages 29-46, March.
- Hamilton, J.H. & Slutsky, S.M., 1988. "Endogenous Timing In Duopoly Games: Stackelberg Or Cournot Equilibria," Papers 88-4, Florida - College of Business Administration.
- Matsumura, Toshihiro & Okumura, Yasunori, 2013. "Privatization neutrality theorem revisited," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 118(2), pages 324-326.
- Joanna Poyago-Theotoky, 2001. "Mixed oligopoly, subsidization and the order of firms' moves: an irrelevance result," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 12(3), pages 1-5.
- Kim, Jae-Cheol & Lee, Sang-Ho, 1995. "An optimal regulation in an intertemporal oligopoly market: The Generalized Incremental Surplus Subsidy (GISS) scheme," Information Economics and Policy, Elsevier, vol. 7(3), pages 225-249, September.
- Toshihiro Matsumura & Makoto Okamura, 2015. "Competition and privatization policies revisited: the payoff interdependence approach," Journal of Economics, Springer, vol. 116(2), pages 137-150, October.
- Xu, Lili & Cho, Sumi & Lee, Sang-Ho, 2016. "Emission tax and optimal privatization in Cournot–Bertrand comparison," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 55(C), pages 73-82.
- Vasileios Zikos, 2007. "A Reappraisal of the Irrelevance result in mixed duopoly: A note on R&D competition," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 12(8), pages 1-6.
- Yoshihiro Tomaru & Kazuharu Kiyono, 2010. "Endogenous Timing in Mixed Duopoly with Increasing Marginal Costs," Journal of Institutional and Theoretical Economics (JITE), Mohr Siebeck, Tübingen, vol. 166(4), pages 591-613, December.
- Susumu Cato & Toshihiro Matsumura, 2013. "Long-Run Effects of Tax Policies in a Mixed Market," FinanzArchiv: Public Finance Analysis, Mohr Siebeck, Tübingen, vol. 69(2), pages 215-240, June.
- Yoshihiro Tomaru & Masayuki Saito, 2010. "Mixed Duopoly, Privatization And Subsidization In An Endogenous Timing Framework," Manchester School, University of Manchester, vol. 78(1), pages 41-59, January.
- Kim, Jae-Cheol & Chang, Ki-Bok, 1993. "An Optimal Tax/Subsidy for Output and Pollution Control under Asymmetric Information in Oligopoly Markets," Journal of Regulatory Economics, Springer, vol. 5(2), pages 183-197, June.
- Patricia Crifo & Vanina D. Forget, 2015.
"The Economics Of Corporate Social Responsibility: A Firm-Level Perspective Survey,"
Journal of Economic Surveys,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 29(1), pages 112-130, February.
- Patricia Crifo & Vanina Forget, 2014. "The Economics of Corporate Social Responsibility: A Firm Level Perspective Survey," Post-Print hal-01410617, HAL.
- repec:kap:jeczfn:v:124:y:2018:i:2:d:10.1007_s00712-017-0565-1 is not listed on IDEAS
- Toshihiro Matsumura & Yoshihiro Tomaru, 2015. "Mixed duopoly, location choice, and shadow cost of public funds," Southern Economic Journal, Southern Economic Association, vol. 82(2), pages 416-429, October.
- Brennan, Timothy J, 1989. "Regulating by Capping Prices," Journal of Regulatory Economics, Springer, vol. 1(2), pages 133-147, June.
- Gareth Myles & Hassan Khodavaisi & Nigar Hashimzade, 2007. "An irrelevance result with differentiated goods," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 8(2), pages 1-7.
- Sang-Ho Lee, 1998. "R&D Spillovers, Technology Cartel, and Monopoly Regulation," International Economic Journal, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 12(3), pages 77-88.
- Yoshihiro Tomaru, 2006. "Mixed Oligopoly, Partial Privatization and Subsidization," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 12(5), pages 1-6.
- Lee, Sang-Ho & Tomaru, Yoshihiro, 2017. "Output and R&D subsidies in a mixed oligopoly," MPRA Paper 84410, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Markus Kitzmueller & Jay Shimshack, 2012. "Economic Perspectives on Corporate Social Responsibility," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 50(1), pages 51-84, March.
- White, Mark D., 1996. "Mixed oligopoly, privatization and subsidization," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 53(2), pages 189-195, November.
- Sang-Ho Lee & Lili Xu, 2018.
"Endogenous timing in private and mixed duopolies with emission taxes,"
Journal of Economics,
Springer, vol. 124(2), pages 175-201, June.
- Lee, Sang-Ho & Xu, Lili, 2017. "Endogenous timing in private and mixed duopolies with emission taxes," MPRA Paper 80342, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Toshihiro Matsumura & Yoshihiro Tomaru, 2013. "Mixed duopoly, privatization, and subsidization with excess burden of taxation," Canadian Journal of Economics, Canadian Economics Association, vol. 46(2), pages 526-554, May.
- Fjell, Kenneth & Heywood, John S., 2004. "Mixed oligopoly, subsidization and the order of firm's moves: the relevance of privatization," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 83(3), pages 411-416, June.
- Pal, Debashis, 1998. "Endogenous timing in a mixed oligopoly," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 61(2), pages 181-185, November.
- Debashis Pal & Mark D. White, 1998. "Mixed Oligopoly, Privatization, and Strategic Trade Policy," Southern Economic Journal, Southern Economic Association, vol. 65(2), pages 264-281, October.
- Lee, Sang-Ho, 1997. "A Note on Regulating Oligopolistic Industries: A Hierarchical Model," Journal of Regulatory Economics, Springer, vol. 12(1), pages 91-97, July.
More about this item
KeywordsKeywords: irrelevance result; endogenous timing game; consumer-friendly public firm; emission tax; output subsidy;
- L13 - Industrial Organization - - Market Structure, Firm Strategy, and Market Performance - - - Oligopoly and Other Imperfect Markets
- L32 - Industrial Organization - - Nonprofit Organizations and Public Enterprise - - - Public Enterprises; Public-Private Enterprises
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:85648. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.