Environmental Investments in Mixed vs Private Oligopoly: What are the Implications of Privatization?
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Maria Jose Gil-Molto & Dimitrios Varvarigos, 2014. "Environmental Investments in Mixed vs Private Oligopoly: What are the Implications of Privatization?," Discussion Papers in Economics 14/15, Department of Economics, University of Leicester.
References listed on IDEAS
- Kato, Kazuhiko & Tomaru, Yoshihiro, 2007. "Mixed oligopoly, privatization, subsidization, and the order of firms' moves: Several types of objectives," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 96(2), pages 287-292, August.
- Juan Bárcena-Ruiz & María Garzón, 2006. "Mixed Oligopoly and Environmental Policy," Spanish Economic Review, Springer;Spanish Economic Association, vol. 8(2), pages 139-160, June.
- John S. Heywood & Guangliang Ye, 2009. "Partial Privatization In A Mixed Duopoly With An R&D Rivalry," Bulletin of Economic Research, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 61(2), pages 165-178, April.
- Nils-Henrik M. von der Fehr & Petter Vegard Hansen, 2010.
"Electricity Retailing in Norway,"
The Energy Journal,
International Association for Energy Economics, vol. 0(Number 1), pages 25-46.
- von der Fehr, Nils-Henrik M. & Hansen, Petter Vegard, 2008. "Electricity Retailing in Norway," Memorandum 02/2009, Oslo University, Department of Economics.
- Nils-Henrik M. Von Der Fehr & Petter Vegard Hansen, 2009. "Electricity Retailing in Norway," EUI-RSCAS Working Papers 4, European University Institute (EUI), Robert Schuman Centre of Advanced Studies (RSCAS).
- Nils-Henrik M. Von Der Fehr & Petter Vegard Hansen, 2009. "Electricity Retailing in Norway," RSCAS Working Papers 2009/04, European University Institute.
- Saha, Bibhas, 2012. "Does privatization improve the environment? Revisiting the monopoly case," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 115(1), pages 97-99.
- Tomaru, Yoshihiro, 2007. "Privatization, productive efficiency and social welfare with a foreign competitor," Research in Economics, Elsevier, vol. 61(4), pages 224-232, December.
- Poyago-Theotoky, Joanna, 1998. "R&D Competition in a Mixed Duopoly under Uncertainty and Easy Imitation," Journal of Comparative Economics, Elsevier, vol. 26(3), pages 415-428, September.
- Maria José Gil-Moltó & Joanna Poyago-Theotoky & Vasileios Zikos, 2011.
"R&D Subsidies, Spillovers, and Privatization in Mixed Markets,"
Southern Economic Journal,
Southern Economic Association, vol. 78(1), pages 233-255, July.
- Maria José Gil Moltó & Joanna Poyago.Theotoky & Vasileios Zikos, 2010. "R&D Subsidies, Spillovers and Privatization in Mixed Markets," Discussion Papers in Economics 10/19, Department of Economics, University of Leicester.
- Beladi, Hamid & Chao, Chi-Chur, 2006. "Does privatization improve the environment?," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 93(3), pages 343-347, December.
- Delbono, Flavio & Denicolo, Vincenzo, 1993.
"Regulating innovative activity : The role of a public firm,"
International Journal of Industrial Organization,
Elsevier, vol. 11(1), pages 35-48, March.
- F. Delbono & V. Denicolo', 1991. "Regulating Innovative Activity: the Role of a Public Firm," Working Papers 117, Dipartimento Scienze Economiche, Universita' di Bologna.
- White, Mark D., 1996. "Mixed oligopoly, privatization and subsidization," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 53(2), pages 189-195, November.
- Matsumura, Toshihiro, 1998. "Partial privatization in mixed duopoly," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 70(3), pages 473-483, December.
- Toshihiro Matsumura & Osamu Kanda, 2005. "Mixed Oligopoly at Free Entry Markets," Journal of Economics, Springer, vol. 84(1), pages 27-48, February.
- Matsumura, Toshihiro & Sunada, Takeaki, 2013. "Advertising competition in a mixed oligopoly," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 119(2), pages 183-185.
- Toshihiro Matsumura & Noriaki Matsushima, 2004. "Endogenous Cost Differentials between Public and Private Enterprises: A Mixed Duopoly Approach," Economica, London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 71(284), pages 671-688, November.
- Ishibashi, Ikuo & Matsumura, Toshihiro, 2006. "R&D competition between public and private sectors," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 50(6), pages 1347-1366, August.
- Toshihiro Matsumura & Yoshihiro Tomaru, 2013. "Mixed duopoly, privatization, and subsidization with excess burden of taxation," Canadian Journal of Economics, Canadian Economics Association, vol. 46(2), pages 526-554, May.
- de Fraja, Giovanni & Delbono, Flavio, 1990. " Game Theoretic Models of Mixed Oligopoly," Journal of Economic Surveys, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 4(1), pages 1-17.
- Fjell, Kenneth & Heywood, John S., 2004. "Mixed oligopoly, subsidization and the order of firm's moves: the relevance of privatization," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 83(3), pages 411-416, June.
- Noriaki Matsushima & Toshihiro Matsumura, 2003. "Mixed oligopoly and spatial agglomeration," Canadian Journal of Economics, Canadian Economics Association, vol. 36(1), pages 62-87, February.
- Requate, Till, 2005. "Dynamic incentives by environmental policy instruments--a survey," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 54(2-3), pages 175-195, August.
- Meredith Fowlie, 2010. "Emissions Trading, Electricity Restructuring, and Investment in Pollution Abatement," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 100(3), pages 837-869, June.
- Rupayan Pal & Bibhas Saha, 2014.
"Mixed Duopoly and Environment,"
Journal of Public Economic Theory,
Association for Public Economic Theory, vol. 16(1), pages 96-118, February.
- Rupayan Pal & Bibhas Saha, 2011. "Mixed duopoly and environment," Indira Gandhi Institute of Development Research, Mumbai Working Papers 2011-005, Indira Gandhi Institute of Development Research, Mumbai, India.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Clò, Stefano & Ferraris, Matteo & Florio, Massimo, 2017. "Ownership and environmental regulation: Evidence from the European electricity industry," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 61(C), pages 298-312.
More about this item
KeywordsPrivatization; Pollution; Abatement; Mixed Oligopoly;
- L22 - Industrial Organization - - Firm Objectives, Organization, and Behavior - - - Firm Organization and Market Structure
- L32 - Industrial Organization - - Nonprofit Organizations and Public Enterprise - - - Public Enterprises; Public-Private Enterprises
- Q52 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Environmental Economics - - - Pollution Control Adoption and Costs; Distributional Effects; Employment Effects
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2014-12-13 (All new papers)
- NEP-ENV-2014-12-13 (Environmental Economics)
- NEP-IND-2014-12-13 (Industrial Organization)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:shf:wpaper:2014018. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jacob Holmes). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/desheuk.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.