R&D Competition in a Mixed Duopoly under Uncertainty and Easy Imitation
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Nett, Lorenz, 1994. "Why private firms are more innovative than public firms," European Journal of Political Economy, Elsevier, vol. 10(4), pages 639-653, December.
- Delbono, Flavio & Denicolo, Vincenzo, 1993.
"Regulating innovative activity : The role of a public firm,"
International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 11(1), pages 35-48, March.
- F. Delbono & V. Denicolo', 1991. "Regulating Innovative Activity: the Role of a Public Firm," Working Papers 117, Dipartimento Scienze Economiche, Universita' di Bologna.
- de Fraja, Giovanni & Delbono, Flavio, 1990. "Game Theoretic Models of Mixed Oligopoly," Journal of Economic Surveys, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 4(1), pages 1-17.
- Reinganum, Jennifer F., 1989. "The timing of innovation: Research, development, and diffusion," Handbook of Industrial Organization, in: R. Schmalensee & R. Willig (ed.), Handbook of Industrial Organization, edition 1, volume 1, chapter 14, pages 849-908, Elsevier.
- Richard C. Levin & Alvin K. Klevorick & Richard R. Nelson & Sidney G. Winter, 1987. "Appropriating the Returns from Industrial Research and Development," Brookings Papers on Economic Activity, Economic Studies Program, The Brookings Institution, vol. 18(3, Specia), pages 783-832.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Shoji Haruna & Rajeev K. Goel, 2017. "Output subsidies in mixed oligopoly with research spillovers," Journal of Economics and Finance, Springer;Academy of Economics and Finance, vol. 41(2), pages 235-256, April.
- Naseem, Anwar & Oehmke, James F., 2006. "Spillovers, Joint Ventures and Social Welfare in a Mixed Duopoly R&D Race," 2006 Annual meeting, July 23-26, Long Beach, CA 21351, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Bogoroditskaya, N., 2021. "Tax evasion and R&D subsidy in a mixed market," Journal of the New Economic Association, New Economic Association, vol. 51(3), pages 30-49.
- Vasileios Zikos, 2010. "R&D Collaboration Networks in Mixed Oligopoly," Southern Economic Journal, John Wiley & Sons, vol. 77(1), pages 189-212, July.
- McGahan, Anita M. & Silverman, Brian S., 2006. "Profiting from technological innovation by others: The effect of competitor patenting on firm value," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 35(8), pages 1222-1242, October.
- Kazuhiro Ohnishi, 2014. "Sequential Mixed Competition with a Foreign Joint-stock Firm," International Journal of Social Sciences and Management Studies (IJSSMS), The Economics and Social Development Organization (TESDO), vol. 1(2), pages 38-52, June.
- Ishida, Junichiro & Matsushima, Noriaki, 2009.
"Should civil servants be restricted in wage bargaining? A mixed-duopoly approach,"
Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 93(3-4), pages 634-646, April.
- Junichiro Ishida & Noriaki Matsushima, 2006. "Should civil servants be restricted in wage bargaining? A mixed-duopoly approach," Discussion Papers 2006-07, Kobe University, Graduate School of Business Administration.
- Junichiro Ishida & Noriaki Matsushima, 2008. "Should civil servants be restricted in wage bargaining? A mixed-duopoly approach," Discussion Papers 2008-49, Kobe University, Graduate School of Business Administration.
- Jiaqi Chen & Sang‐Ho Lee & Timur K. Muminov, 2022.
"R&D spillovers, output subsidies, and privatization in a mixed duopoly: Flexible versus irreversible R&D investments,"
Bulletin of Economic Research, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 74(3), pages 879-899, July.
- Lee, Sang-Ho & Muminov, Timur & Chen, Jiaqi, 2019. "Timing of R&D Decisions and Output Subsidies in a Mixed Duopoly with Spillovers," MPRA Paper 91452, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Gans, Joshua S. & Murray, Fiona E. & Stern, Scott, 2017.
"Contracting over the disclosure of scientific knowledge: Intellectual property and academic publication,"
Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 46(4), pages 820-835.
- Joshua S. Gans & Fiona E. Murray & Scott Stern, 2013. "Contracting Over the Disclosure of Scientific Knowledge: Intellectual Property and Academic Publication," NBER Working Papers 19560, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Anna Rita Bennato & Stephen Davies & Franco Mariuzzo & Peter Ormosi, 2019. "Mergers and Innovation: Evidence from the Hard Disk Drive Market," Working Paper series, University of East Anglia, Centre for Competition Policy (CCP) 2018-04v3, Centre for Competition Policy, University of East Anglia, Norwich, UK..
- Joly, Pierre-Benoit & de Looze, Marie-Angele, 1996. "An analysis of innovation strategies and industrial differentiation through patent applications: the case of plant biotechnology," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 25(7), pages 1027-1046, October.
- Sang-Ho Lee & Timur K. Muminov, 2021.
"Endogenous Timing of R&D Decisions and Privatization Policy with Research Spillovers,"
Journal of Industry, Competition and Trade, Springer, vol. 21(4), pages 505-525, December.
- Lee, Sang-Ho & Muminov, Timur, 2020. "Endogenous Timing of R&D Decisions and Privatization Policy with Research Spillovers," MPRA Paper 98832, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- repec:ebl:ecbull:v:12:y:2007:i:8:p:1-6 is not listed on IDEAS
- Jingjing Wang & Chi Leung & Yue Kwok, 2015. "Stochastic control model for R&D race in a mixed duopoly with spillovers and knowledge stocks," Decisions in Economics and Finance, Springer;Associazione per la Matematica, vol. 38(2), pages 177-195, October.
- Mark A. Lemley & Carl Shapiro, 2005. "Probabilistic Patents," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 19(2), pages 75-98, Spring.
- Basak, Debasmita & Wang, Leonard F.S., 2019. "Cournot vs. Bertrand in mixed markets with R&D," The North American Journal of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 48(C), pages 265-271.
- Harabi, Najib, 1994. "Technischer Fortschritt in der Schweiz: Empirische Ergebnisse aus industrieökonomischer Sicht [Technischer Fortschritt in der Schweiz:Empirische Ergebnisse aus industrieökonomischer Sicht]," MPRA Paper 6725, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Maurseth, Per Botolf & Svensson, Roger, 2020.
"The Importance of Tacit Knowledge: Dynamic Inventor Activity in the Commercialization Phase,"
Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 49(7).
- Maurseth, Per Botolf & Svensson, Roger, 2020. "The Importance of Tacit Knowledge: Dynamic Inventor Activity in the Commercialization Phase," Working Paper Series 1341, Research Institute of Industrial Economics, revised 03 Aug 2020.
- Toshihiro Matsumura, 2003. "Endogenous Role in Mixed Markets: A Two‐Production‐Period Model," Southern Economic Journal, John Wiley & Sons, vol. 70(2), pages 403-413, October.
- Vasileios Zikos, 2007. "Equilibrium and Optimal R&D Roles in a Mixed Market," Discussion Paper Series 2007_08, Department of Economics, Loughborough University, revised Mar 2007.
- Ishibashi, Ikuo & Matsumura, Toshihiro, 2006. "R&D competition between public and private sectors," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 50(6), pages 1347-1366, August.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jcecon:v:26:y:1998:i:3:p:415-428. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/622864 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Catherine Liu (email available below). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/622864 .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.