Mixed duopoly and environment
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
References listed on IDEAS
- Wang, Leonard F.S. & Wang, Jean, 2009. "Environmental taxes in a differentiated mixed duopoly," Economic Systems, Elsevier, vol. 33(4), pages 389-396, December.
- PAOLO COLLA & MARC GERMAIN & VINCENT Van STEENBERGHE, 2012.
"Environmental Policy and Speculation on Markets for Emission Permits,"
London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 79(313), pages 152-182, January.
- Paolo, COLLA & Marc, GERMAIN & Vincent, VAN STEENBERGHE, 2005. "Environmental policy and speculation on markets for emission permits," Discussion Papers (ECON - Département des Sciences Economiques) 2005049, Université catholique de Louvain, Département des Sciences Economiques.
- COLLA, Paolo & GERMAIN, Marc & VAN STEENBERGHE, Vincent, 2005. "Environmental policy and speculation on markets for emission permits," CORE Discussion Papers 2005066, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Juan Bárcena-Ruiz & María Garzón, 2006. "Mixed Oligopoly and Environmental Policy," Spanish Economic Review, Springer;Spanish Economic Association, vol. 8(2), pages 139-160, June.
- Leonard F. S. Wang & Ya-chin Wang & Lihong Zhao, 2009. "Privatization and the Environment in a Mixed Duopoly with Pollution Abatement," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 29(4), pages 3112-3119.
- Alan Collins & Richard I. D. Harris, 2002.
"Does Plant Ownership Affect the Level of Pollution Abatement Expenditure?,"
University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 78(2), pages 171-189.
- Collins, A. & Harris, R.I.D., 2001. "Does Plant Ownership Affect the level of Pollution Abatement Expenditure?," Papers 138, Portsmouth University - Department of Economics.
- Susumu Cato, 2008. "Privatization and the Environment," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 12(19), pages 1-10.
- Tohru Naito & Hikaru Ogawa, 2009. "Direct versus indirect environmental regulation in a partially privatized mixed duopoly," Environmental Economics and Policy Studies, Springer;Society for Environmental Economics and Policy Studies - SEEPS, vol. 10(2), pages 87-100, June.
- Silva, Emilson C.D. & Zhu, Xie, 2009. "Emissions trading of global and local pollutants, pollution havens and free riding," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 58(2), pages 169-182, September.
- Rupayan Pal & Bibhas Saha, 2011. "Environmental outcomes in a model of mixed duopoly," University of East Anglia Applied and Financial Economics Working Paper Series 030, School of Economics, University of East Anglia, Norwich, UK..
- White, Mark D., 1996. "Mixed oligopoly, privatization and subsidization," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 53(2), pages 189-195, November.
- Juan Carlos Bárcena-Ruiz & María Begoña Garzón, 2002. "Environmental taxes and strategic delegation," Spanish Economic Review, Springer;Spanish Economic Association, vol. 4(4), pages 301-309.
- Matsumura, Toshihiro, 1998. "Partial privatization in mixed duopoly," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 70(3), pages 473-483, December.
- Paul Lehmann, 2012. "Justifying A Policy Mix For Pollution Control: A Review Of Economic Literature," Journal of Economic Surveys, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 26(1), pages 71-97, February.
- van 't Veld, Klaas & Hutchinson, Emma, 2009. "Excessive spending by firms to avoid accidents: Is it a concern in practice?," International Review of Law and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 29(4), pages 324-335, December.
- repec:ebl:ecbull:v:12:y:2008:i:19:p:1-10 is not listed on IDEAS
- de Fraja, Giovanni & Delbono, Flavio, 1989. "Alternative Strategies of a Public Enterprise in Oligopoly," Oxford Economic Papers, Oxford University Press, vol. 41(2), pages 302-311, April.
- Steven Shavell, 2010. "The Corrective Tax versus Liability As Solutions to the Problem of Harmful Externalities," NBER Working Papers 16235, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:bla:ausecp:v:56:y:2017:i:4:p:304-327 is not listed on IDEAS
- Haraguchi, Junichi & Matsumura, Toshihiro, 2019. "Endogenous Public and Private Leadership with Diverging Social and Private Marginal Costs," MPRA Paper 93450, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- repec:kea:keappr:ker-20190701-35-2-03 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:eee:reveco:v:51:y:2017:i:c:p:444-454 is not listed on IDEAS
- Maria José Gil-Moltó & Dimitrios Varvarigos, 2014.
"Environmental Investments in Mixed vs Private Oligopoly: What are the Implications of Privatization?,"
2014018, The University of Sheffield, Department of Economics.
- Maria Jose Gil-Molto & Dimitrios Varvarigos, 2014. "Environmental Investments in Mixed vs Private Oligopoly: What are the Implications of Privatization?," Discussion Papers in Economics 14/15, Division of Economics, School of Business, University of Leicester.
- Ohnishi, Kazuhiro, 2018. "Inventory Holding and a Mixed Duopoly with a Foreign Joint-Stock Firm," MPRA Paper 88223, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- repec:kap:jeczfn:v:124:y:2018:i:2:d:10.1007_s00712-017-0565-1 is not listed on IDEAS
- Clò, Stefano & Ferraris, Matteo & Florio, Massimo, 2017. "Ownership and environmental regulation: Evidence from the European electricity industry," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 61(C), pages 298-312.
- Xu, Lili & Cho, Sumi & Lee, Sang-Ho, 2016. "Emission tax and optimal privatization in Cournot–Bertrand comparison," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 55(C), pages 73-82.
- Pal, Rupayan & Saha, Bibhas, 2015. "Pollution tax, partial privatization and environment," Resource and Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 40(C), pages 19-35.
- Liu, Yi & Matsumura, Toshihiro & Zeng, Chenhang, 2018. "The Relationship between Privatization and Corporate Taxation Policies," MPRA Paper 89784, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised Oct 2018.
- Ohnishi, Kazuhiro, 2019. "Capacity choice in an international mixed triopoly," MPRA Paper 94051, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- repec:bla:ausecp:v:58:y:2019:i:1:p:21-40 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:kap:revind:v:51:y:2017:i:1:d:10.1007_s11151-016-9541-0 is not listed on IDEAS
- Sang-Ho Lee & Lili Xu, 2018.
"Endogenous timing in private and mixed duopolies with emission taxes,"
Journal of Economics,
Springer, vol. 124(2), pages 175-201, June.
- Lee, Sang-Ho & Xu, Lili, 2017. "Endogenous timing in private and mixed duopolies with emission taxes," MPRA Paper 80342, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Shoji Haruna & Rajeev K. Goel, 2019.
"Optimal pollution control in a mixed oligopoly with research spillovers,"
Australian Economic Papers,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 58(1), pages 21-40, March.
- Shoji Haruna & Rajeev K. Goel, 2018. "Optimal Pollution Control in a Mixed Oligopoly with Research Spillovers," CESifo Working Paper Series 6909, CESifo Group Munich.
- Arturo García & Mariel Leal & Sang-Ho Lee, 2019.
"Endogenous Timing with a Socially Responsible Firm,"
Korean Economic Review,
Korean Economic Association, vol. 35, pages 345-370.
- Garcia, Arturo & Leal, Mariel & Lee, Sang-Ho, 2018. "Endogenous timing with a socially responsible firm," MPRA Paper 83968, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Rupayan Pal & A.M. Tanvir Hussain & Prasenjit Banerjee, 2018. "Green firm, brown production," Indira Gandhi Institute of Development Research, Mumbai Working Papers 2018-011, Indira Gandhi Institute of Development Research, Mumbai, India.
More about this item
KeywordsEnvironmental damage; mixed duopoly; privatization; tax-subsidy scheme; foreign firm;
- H23 - Public Economics - - Taxation, Subsidies, and Revenue - - - Externalities; Redistributive Effects; Environmental Taxes and Subsidies
- Q50 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Environmental Economics - - - General
- Q58 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Environmental Economics - - - Environmental Economics: Government Policy
- L13 - Industrial Organization - - Market Structure, Firm Strategy, and Market Performance - - - Oligopoly and Other Imperfect Markets
- L33 - Industrial Organization - - Nonprofit Organizations and Public Enterprise - - - Comparison of Public and Private Enterprise and Nonprofit Institutions; Privatization; Contracting Out
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-CIS-2011-02-19 (Confederation of Independent States)
- NEP-ENV-2011-02-19 (Environmental Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ind:igiwpp:2011-005. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Shamprasad M. Pujar). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/igidrin.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.