Bayesian inference in regression with Pearson disturbances
In this paper we propose new estimation techniques in connection with regression models whose errors have distributions which are members of the celebrated Pearson’s system. Efficient MCMC procedures are proposed in the context of likelihood—based inference. The new techniques are applied to four major currencies.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Christian Hansen & James B. McDonald & Whitney Newey, 2007.
"Instrumental variables estimation with flexible distribution,"
CeMMAP working papers
CWP21/07, Centre for Microdata Methods and Practice, Institute for Fiscal Studies.
- Hansen, Christian & McDonald, James B. & Newey, Whitney K., 2010. "Instrumental Variables Estimation With Flexible Distributions," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 28(1), pages 13-25.
- Jondeau, Eric & Rockinger, Michael, 2001. "Gram-Charlier densities," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 25(10), pages 1457-1483, October.
- Lee, Tom K Y & Tse, Y K, 1991. "Term Structure of Interest Rates in the Singapore Asian Dollar Market," Journal of Applied Econometrics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 6(2), pages 143-52, April-Jun.
- Gallant, A Ronald & Nychka, Douglas W, 1987. "Semi-nonparametric Maximum Likelihood Estimation," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 55(2), pages 363-90, March.
- Chib, Siddhartha & Greenberg, Edward, 1994. "Bayes inference in regression models with ARMA (p, q) errors," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 64(1-2), pages 183-206.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:ecolet:v:118:y:2013:i:1:p:177-181. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.