Quantile regression estimation for discretely observed SDE models with compound Poisson jumps
This paper proposes a quantile regression estimator for the diffusion parameter in diffusion processes with compound Poisson jumps. The method is based on discretely sampled observations at high frequency. We verify its consistency and exhibit its robustness to jumps through a simulation study.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Tang, Cheng Yong & Chen, Song Xi, 2009. "Parameter estimation and bias correction for diffusion processes," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 149(1), pages 65-81, April.
- Xiao, Zhijie & Koenker, Roger, 2009. "Conditional Quantile Estimation for Generalized Autoregressive Conditional Heteroscedasticity Models," Journal of the American Statistical Association, American Statistical Association, vol. 104(488), pages 1696-1712.
- Yacine Aït-Sahalia, 1999. "Transition Densities for Interest Rate and Other Nonlinear Diffusions," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 54(4), pages 1361-1395, 08.
- Cox, John C & Ingersoll, Jonathan E, Jr & Ross, Stephen A, 1985.
"A Theory of the Term Structure of Interest Rates,"
Econometric Society, vol. 53(2), pages 385-407, March.
- Engle, Robert F & Manganelli, Simone, 1999.
"CAViaR: Conditional Autoregressive Value at Risk by Regression Quantiles,"
University of California at San Diego, Economics Working Paper Series
qt06m3d6nv, Department of Economics, UC San Diego.
- Robert F. Engle & Simone Manganelli, 2004. "CAViaR: Conditional Autoregressive Value at Risk by Regression Quantiles," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 22, pages 367-381, October.
- Robert Engle & Simone Manganelli, 2000. "CAViaR: Conditional Autoregressive Value at Risk by Regression Quantiles," Econometric Society World Congress 2000 Contributed Papers 0841, Econometric Society.
- Jang, Jiwook, 2007. "Jump diffusion processes and their applications in insurance and finance," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 41(1), pages 62-70, July.
- Vasicek, Oldrich, 1977. "An equilibrium characterization of the term structure," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 5(2), pages 177-188, November.
- Koenker, Roger W & Bassett, Gilbert, Jr, 1978. "Regression Quantiles," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 46(1), pages 33-50, January.
- Yacine Aït-Sahalia & Jean Jacod, 2010. "Analyzing the Spectrum of Asset Returns: Jump and Volatility Components in High Frequency Data," NBER Working Papers 15808, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Vasicek, Oldrich Alfonso, 1977. "Abstract: An Equilibrium Characterization of the Term Structure," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 12(04), pages 627-627, November.
- Yu, Jialin, 2007. "Closed-form likelihood approximation and estimation of jump-diffusions with an application to the realignment risk of the Chinese Yuan," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 141(2), pages 1245-1280, December.
- Yasutaka Shimizu & Nakahiro Yoshida, 2006. "Estimation of Parameters for Diffusion Processes with Jumps from Discrete Observations," Statistical Inference for Stochastic Processes, Springer, vol. 9(3), pages 227-277, October.
- Masuda, Hiroki, 2007. "Ergodicity and exponential [beta]-mixing bounds for multidimensional diffusions with jumps," Stochastic Processes and their Applications, Elsevier, vol. 117(1), pages 35-56, January.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:ecolet:v:117:y:2012:i:3:p:734-738. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.