A note on endogenous fertility, child allowances and poverty traps
This study analyses how capital accumulation and fertility react to a child allowance policy in an overlapping generations model of growth with endogenous fertility. Multiple equilibria are shown to exist depending on the size of the child allowance.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Fanti, Luciano & Gori, Luca, 2010.
"Child policy solutions for the unemployment problem,"
Elsevier, vol. 109(3), pages 147-149, December.
- Luciano Fanti & Luca Gori, 2009. "Child policy solutions for the unemployment problem," Discussion Papers 2009/76, Dipartimento di Economia e Management (DEM), University of Pisa, Pisa, Italy.
- Patricia Apps & Ray Rees, 2004. "Fertility, Taxation and Family Policy," Scandinavian Journal of Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 106(4), pages 745-763, December.
- Michele Boldrin & Larry E. Jones, 2002. "Mortality, Fertility, and Saving in a Malthusian Economy," Review of Economic Dynamics, Elsevier for the Society for Economic Dynamics, vol. 5(4), pages 775-814, October.
- Bas van Groezen & L. Meijdam, 2004.
"Growing Old and Staying Young: Population Policy in an Ageing Closed Economy,"
04-28, Utrecht School of Economics.
- Bas Groezen & Lex Meijdam, 2008. "Growing old and staying young: population policy in an ageing closed economy," Journal of Population Economics, Springer;European Society for Population Economics, vol. 21(3), pages 573-588, July.
- Douglas Gollin, 2001.
"Getting Income Shares Right,"
Department of Economics Working Papers
2001-11, Department of Economics, Williams College.
- Galor, Oded & Weil, David, 1995.
"The Gender Gap, Fertility and Growth,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
1157, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Fanti, Luciano & Gori, Luca, 2009. "Population and neoclassical economic growth: A new child policy perspective," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 104(1), pages 27-30, July.
- Kraay, Aart & Raddatz, Claudio, 2005.
"Poverty traps, aid, and growth,"
Policy Research Working Paper Series
3631, The World Bank.
- Momota, Michiko, 2000. "The gender gap, fertility, subsidies and growth," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 69(3), pages 401-405, December.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:ecolet:v:117:y:2012:i:3:p:722-726. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.