Contact information of Elsevier
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help
correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:joecag. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: https://www.journals.elsevier.com/the-journal-of-the-economics-of-ageing .
2017, Volume 9, Issue C
- 1-13 Retirement incentives and couple’s retirement decisions in Brazil
by Queiroz, Bernardo L. & Souza, Laeticia R.
- 14-29 Too old to work, too young to retire?
by Ichino, Andrea & Schwerdt, Guido & Winter-Ebmer, Rudolf & Zweimüller, Josef
- 30-40 Assessing the demand for micropensions among India’s poor
by Mitchell, Olivia S. & Mukherjee, Anita
- 41-51 The division of inter-vivos parental transfers in Europe
by Olivera, Javier
- 52-62 The dynamics of physical and mental health in the older population
by Ohrnberger, Julius & Fichera, Eleonora & Sutton, Matt
- 63-70 Dutch long-term care use in an ageing population
by Eggink, Evelien & Ras, Michiel & Woittiez, Isolde
- 71-77 Hiring older workers: The case of Portugal
by Garcia, Maria Teresa Medeiros & Fontainha, Elsa & Passos, José
- 78-89 ‘Gerontogrowth’ and population ageing in Africa and the Global AgeWatch Index
by da Silva Francisco, António A.
- 90-99 Representativeness of the low-income population in the Health and Retirement Study
by Meijer, Erik & Karoly, Lynn A.
- 100-110 Diabetes and labor market exits: Evidence from the Health & Retirement Study (HRS)
by Chatterji, Pinka & Joo, Heesoo & Lahiri, Kajal
- 111-121 Designing cash transfer programs for an older population: The Mexican case
by Aguila, Emma & Kapteyn, Arie & Tassot, Caroline
- 122-144 Reporting error in weight and height among older adults: Implications for estimating healthcare costs
by Cawley, John & Maclean, Johanna Catherine & Sikora Kessler, Asia
- 145-155 Aging, social security design, and capital accumulation
by Dedry, Antoine & Onder, Harun & Pestieau, Pierre
- 156-171 Health spending in Japan: Macro-fiscal implications and reform options
by Nozaki, Masahiro & Kashiwase, Kenichiro & Saito, Ikuo
- 172-184 The asset cost of poor health
by Poterba, James M. & Venti, Steven F. & Wise, David A.
- 185-207 Accounting for the bias against the life-cycle hypothesis in survey data: An example for Russia
by Bussolo, Maurizio & Schotte, Simone & Matytsin, Mikhail
- 208-218 The Money’s Worth of annuities in the UK between 2006 and 2014
by Aquilina, Matteo & Baker, Robert & Majer, Tommaso
2016, Volume 8, Issue C
- 5-18 Population ageing in Asia and the Pacific: Dependency metrics for policy
by Chomik, Rafal & McDonald, Peter & Piggott, John
- 19-27 Decomposing economic gains from population age structure transition in the Philippines
by Abrigo, Michael R.M. & Racelis, Rachel H. & Salas, J.M. Ian & Herrin, Alejandro N.
- 28-41 Demographic dividend and Asia’s economic convergence towards the US
by Ha, Joonkyung & Lee, Sang-Hyop
- 42-51 Forecasting trends in disability in a super-aging society: Adapting the Future Elderly Model to Japan
by Chen, Brian K. & Jalal, Hawre & Hashimoto, Hideki & Suen, Sze-chuan & Eggleston, Karen & Hurley, Michael & Schoemaker, Lena & Bhattacharya, Jay
- 52-66 Taiwan’s National Pension Program: A remedy for rapid population aging?
by Hsieh, Kevin Yu-Ching & Tung, An-Chi
- 67-75 Japan’s pension reform, labor market responses, and savings
by Lee, Sang-Hyop & Ogawa, Naohiro & Matsukura, Rikiya
- 76-84 Patterns of inequalities in public transfers by gender in China
by Shen, Ke & Wang, Feng & Cai, Yong
- 85-93 The challenge of an aged and shrinking population: Lessons to be drawn from Japan’s experience
by Heller, Peter S.
2016, Volume 7, Issue C
- 6-16 Causal effect of income on health: Investigating two closely related policy reforms in Austria
by Schnalzenberger, Mario
- 17-29 Economy-wide effects of means-tested pensions: The case of Australia
by Kudrna, George
- 30-42 Productivity and age: Evidence from work teams at the assembly line
by Börsch-Supan, Axel & Weiss, Matthias
- 43-52 Association between wealth and health among older adults in rural China and India
by Kumar, Kaushalendra & Shukla, Ankita & Singh, Abhishek & Ram, Faujdar & Kowal, Paul
- 53-60 Grandparental child care, child allowances, and fertility
by Miyazawa, Kazutoshi
- 64-68 Aging and preferences
by Sunde, Uwe & Dohmen, Thomas
- 69-86 Flexibility at a cost – Should governments stimulate tertiary education for adults?
by Stenberg, Anders & Westerlund, Olle
- 89-103 Ageing and the skill portfolio: Evidence from job based skill measures
by Bowlus, Audra J. & Mori, Hiroaki & Robinson, Chris
- 106-122 Demographic dividends, human capital, and saving
by Mason, Andrew & Lee, Ronald & Jiang, Jennifer Xue
- 125-142 Optimal education in times of ageing: The dependency ratio in the Uzawa–Lucas growth model
by von Gaessler, Anne Edle & Ziesemer, Thomas
2015, Volume 6, Issue C
- 5-12 Frailty, mortality, and the demand for medical care
by Strulik, Holger
- 13-23 Smoking and cognitive functioning at older ages: Evidence from the Health and Retirement Study
by Ayyagari, Padmaja & Sikora Kessler, Asia
- 24-43 Public healthcare eligibility and the utilisation of GP services by older people in Ireland
by Hudson, Eibhlin & Nolan, Anne
- 44-56 Intergenerational correlations of health among older adults: Empirical evidence from Indonesia
by Kim, Younoh & Sikoki, Bondan & Strauss, John & Witoelar, Firman
- 57-67 Do social networks improve Chinese adults’ subjective well-being?
by Lei, Xiaoyan & Shen, Yan & Smith, James P. & Zhou, Guangsu
- 68-78 Wellbeing over 50
by Anand, Paul & Gray, Alastair & Liberini, Federica & Roope, Laurence & Smith, Ron & Thomas, Ranjeeta
- 79-88 Labor market outcomes of informal care provision in Japan
by Yamada, Hiroyuki & Shimizutani, Satoshi
- 89-101 Baby Boomer caregivers in the workforce: Do they fare better or worse than their predecessors?
by Jacobs, Josephine C. & Van Houtven, Courtney H. & Laporte, Audrey & Coyte, Peter C.
- 102-112 The employability of older job-seekers: Evidence from Germany
by Tisch, Anita
- 113-122 The side effect of pension reforms on the training of older workers. Evidence from Italy
by Brunello, Giorgio & Comi, Simona
- 123-132 Post-retirement labour supply in England
by Kanabar, Ricky
- 133-148 The long reach of education: Early retirement
by Venti, Steven & Wise, David A.
- 149-162 Retirement decisions of couples in Australia: The impact of spousal characteristics and preferences
by Warren, Diana A.
- 163-175 Age-training gaps across the European Union: How and why they vary across member states
by Carmichael, Fiona & Ercolani, Marco G.
- 176-186 Age differences in the reaction to incentives – A test of the successful ageing extension of Social Production Functions Theory
by Sproten, Alec N. & Schwieren, Christiane
2015, Volume 5, Issue C
- 7-13 Can public spending reduce mortality disparities? Findings from East Germany after reunification
by Vogt, Tobias C. & Kluge, Fanny A.
- 14-22 Bonus or mirage? South Africa’s demographic dividend
by Oosthuizen, Morné J.
- 23-32 Economic inequality and intergenerational transfers: Evidence from Mexico
by Mejía-Guevara, Iván
- 33-44 Reallocation of resources between generations and genders in the market and non-market economy. The case of Italy
by Zannella, Marina
- 45-53 Analysis of non-remunerated production in Costa Rica
by Jiménez-Fontana, Pamela
- 54-62 Can we keep the pre-crisis living standards? An analysis based on NTA profiles in Spain
by Patxot, Concepció & Rentería, Elisenda & Souto, Guadalupe
- 63-68 Who supports the elderly? The changing economic lifecycle reallocation in Taiwan, 1985 and 2005
by Lai, Nicole Mun Sim & Tung, An-Chi
- 69-78 Financing consumption over the lifecycle and overseas workers’ remittances: Findings from the 1999 and 2007 Philippine National Transfer Accounts
by Racelis, Rachel H. & Abrigo, Michael R.M. & Salas, J.M. Ian
- 79-85 The lifecycle deficit in France, 1979–2005
by d’Albis, Hippolyte & Bonnet, Carole & Navaux, Julien & Pelletan, Jacques & Toubon, Hector & Wolff, François-Charles
- 86-97 Production activities and economic dependency by age and gender in Europe: A cross-country comparison
by Hammer, Bernhard & Prskawetz, Alexia & Freund, Inga
- 98-104 The age-profile of invisible transfers: The true size of asymmetry in inter-age reallocations
by Gál, Róbert I. & Szabó, Endre & Vargha, Lili
2014, Volume 4, Issue C
- 8-23 Intergenerational co-residence and schooling
by Kochar, Anjini
- 26-34 Regional disparities in adult height, educational attainment, and late-life cognition: Findings from the Longitudinal Aging Study in India (LASI)
by Lee, Jinkook & Smith, James P.
- 37-43 Healthy aging in China
by Smith, James P. & Strauss, John & Zhao, Yaohui
- 46-55 Gender differences in cognition in China and reasons for change over time: Evidence from CHARLS
by Lei, Xiaoyan & Smith, James P. & Sun, Xiaoting & Zhao, Yaohui
- 56-58 Education, brain health, and improving life opportunities for women
by Langa, Kenneth M. & Larson, Eric B.
- 59-73 Reprint of: Health outcomes and socio-economic status among the mid-aged and elderly in China: Evidence from the CHARLS national baseline data
by Lei, Xiaoyan & Sun, Xiaoting & Strauss, John & Zhao, Yaohui & Yang, Gonghuan & Hu, Perry & Hu, Yisong & Yin, Xiangjun
- 76-87 Should China introduce a social pension?
by Lu, Bei & He, Wenjiong & Piggott, John
- 90-97 China’s age of abundance: When might it run out?
by Cai, Yong & Wang, Feng & Li, Ding & Wu, Xiwei & Shen, Ke
- 100-111 The macroeconomic impact of non-communicable diseases in China and India: Estimates, projections, and comparisons
by Bloom, David E. & Cafiero-Fonseca, Elizabeth T. & McGovern, Mark E. & Prettner, Klaus & Stanciole, Anderson & Weiss, Jonathan & Bakkila, Samuel & Rosenberg, Larry
- 114-125 Economic development and gender inequality in cognition: A comparison of China and India, and of SAGE and the HRS sister studies
by Weir, David & Lay, Margaret & Langa, Kenneth
- 128-148 Comparing the relationship between stature and later life health in six low and middle income countries
by McGovern, Mark E.
2014, Volume 3, Issue C
- 1-10 How retirement changes consumption and household production of food: Lessons from German time-use data
by Velarde, Melanie & Herrmann, Roland
- 11-20 A taxonomy of the economic costs of family care to adults
by Keating, Norah C. & Fast, Janet E. & Lero, Donna S. & Lucas, Sarah J. & Eales, Jacquie
- 21-28 Health, pension benefits and longevity: How they affect household savings?
by El Mekkaoui de Freitas, Najat & Oliveira Martins, Joaquim
- 29-43 Health outcomes and socio-economic status among the mid-aged and elderly in China: Evidence from the CHARLS national baseline data
by Lei, Xiaoyan & Sun, Xiaoting & Strauss, John & Zhao, Yaohui & Yang, Gonghuan & Hu, Perry & Hu, Yisong & Yin, Xiangjun
- 44-49 Direct healthcare costs of acute myocardial infarction in Canada’s elderly across the continuum of care
by Cohen, Deborah & Manuel, Douglas G. & Tugwell, Peter & Sanmartin, Claudia & Ramsay, Tim
- 50-57 Prospective ageing and economic growth in Europe
by Crespo Cuaresma, Jesus & Lábaj, Martin & Pružinský, Patrik
- 58-70 Modeling old-age wealth with endogenous early-life outcomes: The case of Mexico
by DeGraff, Deborah S. & Wong, Rebeca
- 71-83 Impact of population ageing on sustainability of India’s current fiscal policies: A Generational Accounting approach
by Narayana, M.R.
2013, Volume 1-2
- 3-15 Myths, scientific evidence and economic policy in an aging world
by Börsch-Supan, Axel
- 16-27 Labor and consumption across the lifecycle
by Mason, Andrew & Lee, Ronald
- 28-34 Older workers and working time
by Bell, David N.F. & Rutherford, Alasdair C.
- 35-49 The world’s interconnected demographic/fiscal transition
by Fehr, Hans & Jokisch, Sabine & Kotlikoff, Laurence J.
- 50-59 Community effects on elderly health: Evidence from CHARLS national baseline
by Smith, James P. & Tian, Meng & Zhao, Yaohui
- 60-71 Heterogeneity in spending change at retirement
by Hurd, Michael D. & Rohwedder, Susann
- 72-82 The age-productivity pattern: Do location and sector affiliation matter?
by Mahlberg, Bernhard & Freund, Inga & Crespo Cuaresma, Jesús & Prskawetz, Alexia
- 83-89 Behavioral economics and aging
by McConnell, Margaret