Liquidity constrained exporters and trade
We present a model of a risk-averse exporting firm subject to liquidity constraints. We show that preferences and expectations become important for optimum export and hedging decisions. Only firms that have sufficient financial resources can fully materialize gains from trade.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Broll, Udo & Eckwert, Bernhard, 2009. "Modelling information and hedging: the exporting firm," Dresden Discussion Paper Series in Economics 02/09, Technische Universität Dresden, Faculty of Business and Economics, Department of Economics.
- Harald Battermann & Udo Broll & Jack Wahl, 2008. "Utility functions of equivalent form and the effect of parameter changes on optimum decision making," Economic Theory, Springer;Society for the Advancement of Economic Theory (SAET), vol. 34(3), pages 401-414, March.
- Kimball, Miles S, 1993.
"Standard Risk Aversion,"
Econometric Society, vol. 61(3), pages 589-611, May.
- Miles S. Kimball, 1991. "Standard Risk Aversion," NBER Technical Working Papers 0099, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Guenter Franke & Richard Stapleton & Marti Subrahmanyam, 2004. "Background risk and the demand for state-contingent claims," Economic Theory, Springer;Society for the Advancement of Economic Theory (SAET), vol. 23(2), pages 321-335, January.
- Broll, Udo & Eckwert, Bernhard, 2009. "Modelling information and hedging: The exporting firm," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 26(5), pages 974-977, September.
- Broll, Udo & Wahl, Jack E. & Zilcha, Itzhak, 1995. "Indirect hedging of exchange rate risk," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 14(5), pages 667-678, October.
- Friberg, Richard & Wilander, Fredrik, 2008. "The currency denomination of exports -- A questionnaire study," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 75(1), pages 54-69, May.
- Meng, Rujing & Wong, Kit Pong, 2007. "Currency hedging for multinationals under liquidity constraints," Journal of Multinational Financial Management, Elsevier, vol. 17(5), pages 417-431, December.
- Tim Adam & Sudipto Dasgupta & Sheridan Titman, 2007. "Financial Constraints, Competition, and Hedging in Industry Equilibrium," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 62(5), pages 2445-2473, October.
- Kawai, Masahiro & Zilcha, Itzhak, 1986. "International trade with forward-futures markets under exchange rate and price uncertainty," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 20(1-2), pages 83-98, February.
- Kit Pong Wong, 2003. "Export Flexibility And Currency Hedging," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 44(4), pages 1295-1312, November.
- Lien, Donald & Wong, Kit Pong, 2005. "Multinationals and futures hedging under liquidity constraints," Global Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 16(2), pages 210-220, December. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)