On the asymptotic uniqueness of bargaining equilibria
This note reexamines the connection between the asymmetric Nash bargaining solution and the equilibria of strategic bargaining games. A first example shows non-convergence to the asymmetric Nash bargaining solution. A second example demonstrates the possibility of multiple limits.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Herings, P. Jean-Jacques & Predtetchinski, Arkadi, 2007.
"One-dimensional Bargaining with Markov Recognition Probabilities,"
044, Maastricht University, Maastricht Research School of Economics of Technology and Organization (METEOR).
- Herings, P. Jean-Jacques & Predtetchinski, Arkadi, 2010. "One-dimensional bargaining with Markov recognition probabilities," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 145(1), pages 189-215, January.
- Ariel Rubinstein, 2010.
"Perfect Equilibrium in a Bargaining Model,"
Levine's Working Paper Archive
661465000000000387, David K. Levine.
- Cho, Seok-ju & Duggan, John, 2003.
"Uniqueness of stationary equilibria in a one-dimensional model of bargaining,"
Journal of Economic Theory,
Elsevier, vol. 113(1), pages 118-130, November.
- Seok-ju Cho & John Duggan, 2001. "Uniqueness of Stationary Equilibria in a one-Dimensional Model of Bargaining," Wallis Working Papers WP23, University of Rochester - Wallis Institute of Political Economy.
- Ken Binmore & Ariel Rubinstein & Asher Wolinsky, 1986. "The Nash Bargaining Solution in Economic Modelling," RAND Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 17(2), pages 176-188, Summer.
- Britz Volker & Herings P. Jean-Jacques & Predtetchinski Arkadi, 2008.
"Non-cooperative Support for the Asymmetric Nash Bargaining solution,"
018, Maastricht University, Maastricht Research School of Economics of Technology and Organization (METEOR).
- Britz, Volker & Herings, P. Jean-Jacques & Predtetchinski, Arkadi, 2010. "Non-cooperative support for the asymmetric Nash bargaining solution," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 145(5), pages 1951-1967, September.
- Tasos Kalandrakis, 2006.
"Regularity of pure strategy equilibrium points in a class of bargaining games,"
Springer, vol. 28(2), pages 309-329, 06.
- Tasos Kalandrakis, 2004. "Regularity of Pure Strategy Equilibrium Points in a Class of Bargaining Games," Wallis Working Papers WP37, University of Rochester - Wallis Institute of Political Economy.
- Predtetchinski, Arkadi, 2011. "One-dimensional bargaining," Games and Economic Behavior, Elsevier, vol. 72(2), pages 526-543, June.
- Kultti, Klaus & Vartiainen, Hannu, 2007. "Von Neumann-Morgenstern stable sets, discounting, and Nash bargaining," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 137(1), pages 721-728, November.
- Laruelle, Annick & Valenciano, Federico, 2008. "Noncooperative foundations of bargaining power in committees and the Shapley-Shubik index," Games and Economic Behavior, Elsevier, vol. 63(1), pages 341-353, May.
- Hannu Vartiainen & Klaus Kultti, 2007.
"Multilateral Non-Cooperative Bargaining in a General Utility Space,"
19, Aboa Centre for Economics.
- Klaus Kultti & Hannu Vartiainen, 2010. "Multilateral non-cooperative bargaining in a general utility space," International Journal of Game Theory, Springer, vol. 39(4), pages 677-689, October.
- Lensberg, T. & Thomson, W., 1988. "Characterizing The Nash Bargaining Solution Without Pareto-Optimality," RCER Working Papers 136, University of Rochester - Center for Economic Research (RCER).
- Cardona, Daniel & Ponsati, Clara, 2007. "Bargaining one-dimensional social choices," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 137(1), pages 627-651, November.
- Predtetchinski, Arkadi, 2007. "One-dimensional bargaining with a general voting rule," Research Memorandum 045, Maastricht University, Maastricht Research School of Economics of Technology and Organization (METEOR).
- Merlo, Antonio & Wilson, Charles A, 1995. "A Stochastic Model of Sequential Bargaining with Complete Information," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 63(2), pages 371-99, March.
- Hart, Sergiu & Mas-Colell, Andreu, 1996.
"Bargaining and Value,"
Econometric Society, vol. 64(2), pages 357-80, March.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:ecolet:v:111:y:2011:i:3:p:243-246. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.