The stability of long-run money demand in the United States: A new approach
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Lucas, Robert E., 1988. "Money demand in the United States: A quantitative review," Carnegie-Rochester Conference Series on Public Policy, Elsevier, vol. 29(1), pages 137-167, January.
- Ball, Laurence, 2001. "Another look at long-run money demand," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 47(1), pages 31-44, February.
- Stock, James H & Watson, Mark W, 1993.
"A Simple Estimator of Cointegrating Vectors in Higher Order Integrated Systems,"
Econometric Society, vol. 61(4), pages 783-820, July.
- James H. Stock & Mark W. Watson, 1991. "A simple estimator of cointegrating vectors in higher order integrated systems," Working Paper Series, Macroeconomic Issues 91-3, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago.
- Dennis Hoffman & Robert H. Rasche, 1989. "The Demand For Money in the U.S. During the Great Depression: Estimates and Comparison with the Post War Experience," NBER Working Papers 3217, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Johansen, Soren, 1991. "Estimation and Hypothesis Testing of Cointegration Vectors in Gaussian Vector Autoregressive Models," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 59(6), pages 1551-1580, November.
- Poole, William, 1988.
"Monetary Policy Lessons of Recent Inflation and Disinflation,"
Journal of Economic Perspectives,
American Economic Association, vol. 2(3), pages 73-100, Summer.
- William Poole, 1987. "Monetary Policy Lessons of recent Inflation and Disinflation," NBER Working Papers 2300, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- MacKinnon, James G & Haug, Alfred A & Michelis, Leo, 1999.
"Numerical Distribution Functions of Likelihood Ratio Tests for Cointegration,"
Journal of Applied Econometrics,
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 14(5), pages 563-577, Sept.-Oct.
- Mackinnon, J.G. & Haug, A.A. & Michelis, L., 1996. "Numerical Distribution Functions of Likelihood Ratio Tests for Cointegration," G.R.E.Q.A.M. 96a09, Universite Aix-Marseille III.
- James G. MacKinnon & Alfred A. Haug & Leo Michelis, 1996. "Numerical Distribution Functions of Likelihood Ratio Tests for Cointegration," Working Papers 1996_07, York University, Department of Economics.
- Zhongjun Qu, 2007. "Searching for cointegration in a dynamic system," Econometrics Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 10(3), pages 580-604, November.
- Jushan Bai & Robin L. Lumsdaine & James H. Stock, 1998. "Testing For and Dating Common Breaks in Multivariate Time Series," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 65(3), pages 395-432.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Stephen M. Miller & Luis F. Martins & Rangan Gupta, 2014.
"A Time-Varying Approach of the US Welfare Cost of Inflation,"
201419, University of Pretoria, Department of Economics.
- Stephen M. Miller & Luis F. Martins & Rangan Gupta, 2014. "A Time-Varying Approach of the US Welfare Cost of Inflation," Working papers 2014-11, University of Connecticut, Department of Economics.
- repec:ipg:wpaper:2014-474 is not listed on IDEAS
- Anderson, Richard G. & Bordo, Michael & Duca, John V., 2017.
"Money and velocity during financial crises: From the great depression to the great recession,"
Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control,
Elsevier, vol. 81(C), pages 32-49.
- Anderson, Richard G. & Bordo, Michael D. & Duca, John V., 2015. "Money and velocity during financial crises: from the Great Depression to the Great Recession," Working Papers 1503, Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas, revised 01 May 2015.
- Richard G. Anderson & Michael Bordo & John V. Duca, 2016. "Money and Velocity During Financial Crises: From the Great Depression to the Great Recession," Economics Working Papers 16111, Hoover Institution, Stanford University.
- Richard G. Anderson & Michael Bordo & John V. Duca, 2016. "Money and Velocity During Financial Crises: From the Great Depression to the Great Recession," NBER Working Papers 22100, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Afsin Sahin, 2013.
"Estimating Money Demand Function by a Smooth Transition Regression Model: An Evidence for Turkey,"
791, Economic Research Forum, revised Nov 2013.
- Sahin, Afsin, 2013. "Estimating Money Demand Function by a Smooth Transition Regression Model: An Evidence for Turkey," MPRA Paper 46851, University Library of Munich, Germany.
More about this item
KeywordsMoney demand Cointegration Structural change Structural instability Johansen's tests;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:ecolet:v:111:y:2011:i:1:p:60-63. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/ecolet .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.