Numerical Distribution Functions of Likelihood Ratio Tests for Cointegration
This paper employs response surface regressions based on simulation experiments to calculate asymptotic distribution functions for the Johansen-type likelihood ratio tests for cointegration. These are carried out in the context of the models recently proposed by Pesaran, Shin, and Smith (1997) that allow for the possibility of exogenous variables integrated of order one. The paper calculates critical values that are very much more accurate than those available previously. The principal contributions of the paper are a set of data files that contain estimated asymptotic quantiles obtained from response surface estimation and a computer program for utilizing them. This program, which is freely available via the Internet, can be used to calculate both asymptotic critical values and P-values.
Volume (Year): 14 (1999)
Issue (Month): 5 (Sept.-Oct.)
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.interscience.wiley.com/jpages/0883-7252/|
|Order Information:|| Web: http://www3.interscience.wiley.com/jcatalog/subscribe.jsp?issn=0883-7252 Email: |
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Harl E. Ryder & Geoffrey M. Heal, 1973. "Optimal Growth with Intertemporally Dependent Preferences," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 40(1), pages 1-31.
- Maurice Obstfeld, 1980.
"Capital Mobility and Devaluation in an Optimizing Model with Rational Expectations,"
NBER Working Papers
0557, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Obstfeld, Maurice, 1981. "Capital Mobility and Devaluation in an Optimizing Model with Rational Expectations," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 71(2), pages 217-21, May.
- Mansoorian, Arman, 1996. "On the Macroeconomic Policy Implications of Habit Persistence," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 28(1), pages 119-29, February.
- Backus, David K & Kehoe, Patrick J & Kydland, Finn E, 1994.
"Dynamics of the Trade Balance and the Terms of Trade: The J-Curve?,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 84(1), pages 84-103, March.
- David Backus & Patrick Kehoe & Finn E. Kydland, 1992. "Web interface for "Dynamics of the Trade Balance and the Terms of Trade: The J-Curve?"," QM&RBC Codes 5a, Quantitative Macroeconomics & Real Business Cycles.
- Morten Ravn, . "GAUSS code for Backus-Kehoe-Kydland," QM&RBC Codes 106, Quantitative Macroeconomics & Real Business Cycles.
- David Backus & Patrick Kehoe & Finn E. Kydland, 1992. "DOS executable for "Dynamics of the Trade Balance and the Terms of Trade: The J-Curve?"," QM&RBC Codes 5, Quantitative Macroeconomics & Real Business Cycles.
- David Backus & Patrick J. Kehoe & Finn E. Kydland, 1992. "Dynamics of the Trade Balance and the Terms of Trade: The S-Curve," NBER Working Papers 4242, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- David K. Backus & Patrick J. Kehoe & Finn E. Kydland, 1992. "Dynamics of the trade balance and the terms of trade: the S-curve," Working Paper 9211, Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland.
- Dornbusch, Rudiger, 1976. "Expectations and Exchange Rate Dynamics," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 84(6), pages 1161-76, December.
- Heaton, John, 1995. "An Empirical Investigation of Asset Pricing with Temporally Dependent Preference Specifications," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 63(3), pages 681-717, May.
- Arman Mansoorian, 1996. "Habits and Durability in Consumption, and the Dynamics of the Current Account," Working Papers 1996_01, York University, Department of Economics.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:jae:japmet:v:14:y:1999:i:5:p:563-77. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing)or (Christopher F. Baum)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.