Nonparametric lag selection for nonlinear additive autoregressive models
The lag selection procedure based on the final prediction error (FPE) is investigated when the additive structure is a priori known in the nonparametric autoregression. The consistency of the lag selection is proved, followed by the finite sample simulation results.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Oliver Linton & E. Mammen & J. Nielsen, 1997.
"The Existence and Asymptotic Properties of a Backfitting Projection Algorithm Under Weak Conditions,"
Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers
1160, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- Oliver Linton & Enno Mammen & N Nielsen, 2000. "The Existence and Asymptotic Properties of a Backfitting Projection Algorithm under Weak Conditions," STICERD - Econometrics Paper Series 386, Suntory and Toyota International Centres for Economics and Related Disciplines, LSE.
- Enno Mammen & Oliver Linton & J Nielsen, 2000. "The existence and asymptotic properties of a backfitting projection algorithm under weak conditions," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 2315, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Oliver Linton & E. Mammen & J. Nielsen, 1999. "The existence and asymptotic properties of a backfitting projection algorithm under weak conditions," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 300, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Enno Mammen, 2003. "Generalised structured models," Biometrika, Biometrika Trust, vol. 90(3), pages 551-566, September.
- Hirotugu Akaike, 1969. "Fitting autoregressive models for prediction," Annals of the Institute of Statistical Mathematics, Springer;The Institute of Statistical Mathematics, vol. 21(1), pages 243-247, December. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:ecolet:v:111:y:2011:i:2:p:131-134. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.