Oracally efficient spline smoothing of nonlinear additive autoregression models with simultaneous confidence band
Under weak conditions of smoothness and mixing, we propose spline-backfitted spline (SBS) estimators of the component functions for a nonlinear additive autoregression model that is both computationally expedient for analyzing high dimensional large time series data, and theoretically reliable as the estimator is oracally efficient and comes with asymptotically simultaneous confidence band. Simulation evidence strongly corroborates with the asymptotic theory.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Volume (Year): 101 (2010)
Issue (Month): 9 (October)
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/622892/description#description|
|Order Information:|| Postal: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/supportfaq.cws_home/regional|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Sperlich, Stefan & Tj stheim, Dag & Yang, Lijian, 2002.
"Nonparametric Estimation And Testing Of Interaction In Additive Models,"
Cambridge University Press, vol. 18(02), pages 197-251, April.
- Sperlich, Stefan & Tjøstheim, Dag & Yang, Lijian, 1998. "Nonparametric estimation and testing of interaction in additive models," SFB 373 Discussion Papers 1998,14, Humboldt University of Berlin, Interdisciplinary Research Project 373: Quantification and Simulation of Economic Processes.
- Yang, Lijian & Tjostheim, Dag & Sperlich, Stefan, 1999. "Nonparametric estimation and testing of interaction in additive models," DES - Working Papers. Statistics and Econometrics. WS 6387, Universidad Carlos III de Madrid. Departamento de Estadística.
- Oliver Linton & E. Mammen & J. Nielsen, 1997. "The Existence and Asymptotic Properties of a Backfitting Projection Algorithm Under Weak Conditions," Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers 1160, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- Enno Mammen & Oliver Linton & J Nielsen, 2000. "The existence and asymptotic properties of a backfitting projection algorithm under weak conditions," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 2315, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Oliver Linton & Enno Mammen & N Nielsen, 2000. "The Existence and Asymptotic Properties of a Backfitting Projection Algorithm under Weak Conditions," STICERD - Econometrics Paper Series 386, Suntory and Toyota International Centres for Economics and Related Disciplines, LSE.
- Oliver Linton & E. Mammen & J. Nielsen, 1999. "The existence and asymptotic properties of a backfitting projection algorithm under weak conditions," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 300, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Hua Liang & Sally W. Thurston & David Ruppert & Tatiyana Apanasovich & Russ Hauser, 2008. "Additive partial linear models with measurement errors," Biometrika, Biometrika Trust, vol. 95(3), pages 667-678.
- Zudi Lu & Arvid Lundervold & Dag Tjøstheim & Qiwei Yao, 2007. "Exploring spatial nonlinearity using additive approximation," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 5401, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Göran Kauermann & Tatyana Krivobokova & Ludwig Fahrmeir, 2009. "Some asymptotic results on generalized penalized spline smoothing," Journal of the Royal Statistical Society Series B, Royal Statistical Society, vol. 71(2), pages 487-503.
- Roca-Pardinas, Javier & Cadarso-Suarez, Carmen & Tahoces, Pablo G. & Lado, Maria J., 2008. "Assessing continuous bivariate effects among different groups through nonparametric regression models: An application to breast cancer detection," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 52(4), pages 1958-1970, January.
- Jens Perch Nielsen & Stefan Sperlich, 2005. "Smooth backfitting in practice," Journal of the Royal Statistical Society Series B, Royal Statistical Society, vol. 67(1), pages 43-61.
- Krivobokova, Tatyana & Kauermann, Goran, 2007. "A Note on Penalized Spline Smoothing With Correlated Errors," Journal of the American Statistical Association, American Statistical Association, vol. 102, pages 1328-1337, December. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jmvana:v:101:y:2010:i:9:p:2008-2025. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.