The Cournot-Bertrand model and the degree of product differentiation
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Hamilton, Jonathan H. & Slutsky, Steven M., 1990.
"Endogenous timing in duopoly games: Stackelberg or cournot equilibria,"
Games and Economic Behavior,
Elsevier, vol. 2(1), pages 29-46, March.
- Hamilton, J.H. & Slutsky, S.M., 1988. "Endogenous Timing In Duopoly Games: Stackelberg Or Cournot Equilibria," Papers 88-4, Florida - College of Business Administration.
- Beath,John & Katsoulacos,Yannis, 1991. "The Economic Theory of Product Differentiation," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521335522, April.
- Piercarlo Zanchettin, 2006. "Differentiated Duopoly with Asymmetric Costs," Journal of Economics & Management Strategy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 15(4), pages 999-1015, December.
- Mas-Colell, Andreu & Whinston, Michael D. & Green, Jerry R., 1995. "Microeconomic Theory," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780195102680.
- Nirvikar Singh & Xavier Vives, 1984. "Price and Quantity Competition in a Differentiated Duopoly," RAND Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 15(4), pages 546-554, Winter.
- Dixit, Avinash K, 1986. "Comparative Statics for Oligopoly," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 27(1), pages 107-122, February.
- Arya, Anil & Mittendorf, Brian & Sappington, David E.M., 2008. "Outsourcing, vertical integration, and price vs. quantity competition," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 26(1), pages 1-16, January.
- Hackner, Jonas, 2000.
"A Note on Price and Quantity Competition in Differentiated Oligopolies,"
Journal of Economic Theory,
Elsevier, vol. 93(2), pages 233-239, August.
- Häckner, Jonas, 1999. "A Note on Price and Quantity Competition in Differentiated Oligopolies," Research Papers in Economics 1999:9, Stockholm University, Department of Economics.
- David M. Kreps & Jose A. Scheinkman, 1983. "Quantity Precommitment and Bertrand Competition Yield Cournot Outcomes," Bell Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 14(2), pages 326-337, Autumn.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:spr:annopr:v:238:y:2016:i:1:d:10.1007_s10479-015-2057-4 is not listed on IDEAS
- Manasakis, Constantine & Vlassis, Minas, 2014.
"Downstream mode of competition with upstream market power,"
Research in Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 68(1), pages 84-93.
- Constantine Manasakis & Minas Vlassis, 2010. "Downstream Mode of Competition with Upstream Market Power," Working Papers 1003, University of Crete, Department of Economics.
- Manasakis, Constantine & Vlassis, Minas, 2013. "Downstream mode of competition with upstream market power," DICE Discussion Papers 118, University of Düsseldorf, Düsseldorf Institute for Competition Economics (DICE).
- Rolf Färe & Shawna Grosskopf & Victor Tremblay, 2012. "Market Power and Technology," Review of Industrial Organization, Springer;The Industrial Organization Society, vol. 40(2), pages 139-146, March.
- Yang, Shilei & Shi, Victor & Jackson, Jonathan E., 2015. "Manufacturers׳ channel structures when selling asymmetric competing products," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 170(PB), pages 641-651.
- Elizabeth Schroeder & Victor Tremblay, 2015. "A Reappraisal of Strategic Trade Policy," Journal of Industry, Competition and Trade, Springer, vol. 15(4), pages 435-442, December.
- repec:eee:apmaco:v:251:y:2015:i:c:p:169-179 is not listed on IDEAS
- Ray-Yun Chang & Yan-Shu Lin & Jin-Li Hu, 2015. "Mixed Competition and Patent Licensing," Australian Economic Papers, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 54(4), pages 229-249, December.
- Naimzada, A.K. & Tramontana, F., 2012. "Dynamic properties of a Cournot–Bertrand duopoly game with differentiated products," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 29(4), pages 1436-1439.
- Qu, Chenrui & Wang, Grace W.Y. & Zeng, Qingcheng, 2017. "Modelling port subsidy policies considering pricing decisions of feeder carriers," Transportation Research Part E: Logistics and Transportation Review, Elsevier, vol. 99(C), pages 115-133.
- repec:ebl:ecbull:eb-17-00555 is not listed on IDEAS
- Minas Vlassis & Stefanos Mamakis, 2016. "Is Price Competition More Efficient than Quantity Competition? A Reversal with Unionized Oligopolists," Review of Industrial Organization, Springer;The Industrial Organization Society, vol. 49(1), pages 103-126, August.
- repec:eee:apmaco:v:259:y:2015:i:c:p:427-437 is not listed on IDEAS
- Elizabeth Schroeder & Victor J. Tremblay, 2014. "Union Bargaining in an Oligopoly Market with Cournot-Bertrand Competition: Welfare and Policy Implications," Economies, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 2(2), pages 1-14, March.
More about this item
KeywordsCournot model Bertrand model Cournot-Bertrand model Product differentiation Oligopoly theory;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:ecolet:v:111:y:2011:i:3:p:233-235. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/ecolet .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.