Per unit and ad valorem royalties in a patent licensing game
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Joseph Farrell & Garth Saloner, 1985. "Standardization, Compatibility, and Innovation," RAND Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 16(1), pages 70-83, Spring.
- Fauli-Oller, Ramon & Sandonis, Joel, 2002. "Welfare reducing licensing," Games and Economic Behavior, Elsevier, vol. 41(2), pages 192-205, November.
- Giulia Trombini & Anna Comacchio, 2012. "Cooperative Markets for Ideas: When does Technology Licensing Combine with R&D Partnerships?," Working Papers 8, Department of Management, Università Ca' Foscari Venezia.
- Heywood, John S. & Li, Jianpei & Ye, Guangliang, 2014. "Per unit vs. ad valorem royalties under asymmetric information," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 37(C), pages 38-46.
- Baake, Pio & Boom, Anette, 2001.
"Vertical product differentiation, network externalities, and compatibility decisions,"
International Journal of Industrial Organization,
Elsevier, vol. 19(1-2), pages 267-284, January.
- Anette Boom & Pio Baake, "undated". "Vertical Product Differentiation, Network Externalities, and Compatibility Decisions," Papers 010, Departmental Working Papers.
- Sen, Debapriya & Tauman, Yair, 2007.
"General licensing schemes for a cost-reducing innovation,"
Games and Economic Behavior,
Elsevier, vol. 59(1), pages 163-186, April.
- Debapriya Sen & Yair Tauman, 2002. "General licensing schemes for a cost-reducing innovation," Department of Economics Working Papers 02-03, Stony Brook University, Department of Economics.
- Lopez, Monica Correa & Naylor, Robin A., 2004. "The Cournot-Bertrand profit differential: A reversal result in a differentiated duopoly with wage bargaining," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 48(3), pages 681-696, June.
- Luca Lambertini & Raimondello Orsini, 2001. "Network Externalities and the Overprovision of Quality by a Monopolist," Southern Economic Journal, Southern Economic Association, vol. 67(4), pages 969-982, April.
- Morton I. Kamien & Yair Tauman, 1986.
"Fees Versus Royalties and the Private Value of a Patent,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
Oxford University Press, vol. 101(3), pages 471-491.
- Morton I. Kamien & Yair Tauman, 1984. "Fees Versus Royalties and the Private Value of a Patent," Discussion Papers 583, Northwestern University, Center for Mathematical Studies in Economics and Management Science.
- Chang Ray-Yun & Hwang Hong & Peng Cheng-Hau, 2017. "Competition, Product Innovation and Licensing," The B.E. Journal of Economic Analysis & Policy, De Gruyter, vol. 17(1), pages 1-14, February.
- Katz, Michael L & Shapiro, Carl, 1986. "Technology Adoption in the Presence of Network Externalities," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 94(4), pages 822-841, August.
- Stefano Colombo & Luigi Filippini, 2015.
"Patent Licensing with Bertrand Competitors,"
University of Manchester, vol. 83(1), pages 1-16, January.
- Stefano Colombo & Luigi Filippini, 2012. "Patent licensing with Bertrand competitors," DISCE - Quaderni dell'Istituto di Teoria Economica e Metodi Quantitativi itemq1262, Università Cattolica del Sacro Cuore, Dipartimenti e Istituti di Scienze Economiche (DISCE).
- Bagchi, Aniruddha & Mukherjee, Arijit, 2014.
"Technology licensing in a differentiated oligopoly,"
International Review of Economics & Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 29(C), pages 455-465.
- Aniruddha Bagchi & Arijit Mukherjee, 2010. "Technology licensing in a differentiated oligopoly," Discussion Papers 10/16, University of Nottingham, School of Economics.
- Fan, Cuihong & Jun, Byoung Heon & Wolfstetter, Elmar G., 2018. "Per unit vs. ad valorem royalty licensing," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 170(C), pages 71-75.
- Can Erutku & Yves Richelle, 2007. "Optimal Licensing Contracts and the Value of a Patent," Journal of Economics & Management Strategy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 16(2), pages 407-436, June.
- Jean J. Gabszewicz & Filomena Garcia, 2007.
"Intrinsic quality improvements and network externalities,"
International Journal of Economic Theory,
The International Society for Economic Theory, vol. 3(4), pages 261-278, December.
- GABSZEWICZ, Jean J. & GARCIA, Filomena, 2007. "Intrinsic quality improvements and network externalities," CORE Discussion Papers RP 1999, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Ghosh, Arghya & Mitra, Manipushpak, 2010. "Comparing Bertrand and Cournot in mixed markets," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 109(2), pages 72-74, November.
- Arijit Mukherjee & Udo Broll & Soma Mukherjee, 2012. "Bertrand Versus Cournot Competition In A Vertical Structure: A Note," Manchester School, University of Manchester, vol. 80(5), pages 545-559, September.
- repec:bpj:bejeap:v:17:y:2017:i:3:p:22:n:3 is not listed on IDEAS
- Cabral, Luis M. B. & Salant, David J. & Woroch, Glenn A., 1999. "Monopoly pricing with network externalities," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 17(2), pages 199-214, February.
- Nirvikar Singh & Xavier Vives, 1984. "Price and Quantity Competition in a Differentiated Duopoly," RAND Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 15(4), pages 546-554, Winter.
- Bousquet, Alain & Cremer, Helmuth & Ivaldi, Marc & Wolkowicz, Michel, 1998. "Risk sharing in licensing," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 16(5), pages 535-554, September.
- Kuang-Cheng Andy Wang & Wen-Jung Liang & Chun-Hung A. Lin, 2012. "Licensing Under Network Externalities," The Economic Record, The Economic Society of Australia, vol. 88(283), pages 585-593, December.
- Katz, Michael L & Shapiro, Carl, 1985. "Network Externalities, Competition, and Compatibility," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 75(3), pages 424-440, June.
- Alipranti, Maria & Milliou, Chrysovalantou & Petrakis, Emmanuel, 2014.
"Price vs. quantity competition in a vertically related market,"
Elsevier, vol. 124(1), pages 122-126.
- Alipranti, Maria & Milliou, Chrysovalantou & Petrakis, Emmanuel, 2014. "Price vs. quantity competition in a vertically related market," DICE Discussion Papers 146, University of Düsseldorf, Düsseldorf Institute for Competition Economics (DICE).
- Zhao, Dan & Chen, Hongmin & Hong, Xianpei & Liu, Jingfang, 2014. "Technology licensing contracts with network effects," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 158(C), pages 136-144.
- Arya, Anil & Mittendorf, Brian & Sappington, David E.M., 2008. "Outsourcing, vertical integration, and price vs. quantity competition," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 26(1), pages 1-16, January.
- San Martín, Marta & Saracho, Ana I., 2016. "Patent strength and optimal two-part tariff licensing with a potential rival incorporating ad valorem royalties," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 143(C), pages 28-31.
- Matsumura, Toshihiro & Ogawa, Akira, 2012. "Price versus quantity in a mixed duopoly," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 116(2), pages 174-177.
- Sen, Debapriya & Stamatopoulos, Giorgos, 2009. "Drastic innovations and multiplicity of optimal licensing policies," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 105(1), pages 7-10, October.
- Marta San Martín & Ana I. Saracho, 2015. "Optimal Two-part Tariff Licensing Mechanisms," Manchester School, University of Manchester, vol. 83(3), pages 288-306, June.
More about this item
Keywordslicensing; product innovation; bertrand vs. cournot; network effects;
- D43 - Microeconomics - - Market Structure, Pricing, and Design - - - Oligopoly and Other Forms of Market Imperfection
- L13 - Industrial Organization - - Market Structure, Firm Strategy, and Market Performance - - - Oligopoly and Other Imperfect Markets
- L20 - Industrial Organization - - Firm Objectives, Organization, and Behavior - - - General
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-BEC-2019-10-28 (Business Economics)
- NEP-COM-2019-10-28 (Industrial Competition)
- NEP-GTH-2019-10-28 (Game Theory)
- NEP-IND-2019-10-28 (Industrial Organization)
- NEP-INO-2019-10-28 (Innovation)
- NEP-IPR-2019-10-28 (Intellectual Property Rights)
- NEP-MIC-2019-10-28 (Microeconomics)
- NEP-ORE-2019-10-28 (Operations Research)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:96642. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.