Intrinsic quality improvements and network externalities
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version below or search for a different version of it.
Other versions of this item:
- GABSZEWICZ, Jean J. & GARCIA, Filomena, 2007. "Intrinsic quality improvements and network externalities," CORE Discussion Papers RP 1999, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
References listed on IDEAS
- Gabszewicz, Jean & Pepall, Lynne & Thisse, Jacques-Francois, 1992.
"Sequential Entry with Brand Loyalty Caused by Consumer Learning-by-Using,"
Journal of Industrial Economics,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 40(4), pages 397-416, December.
- GABSZEWICZ, Jean J. & PEPALL, Lynne & THISSE, Jacques-François, 1992. "Sequential entry with brand loyalty caused by consumer learning-by-using," CORE Discussion Papers RP 1018, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Gabszewicz, J.J. & Pepall, L. & Thisse, J.F., 1992. "Sequential Entry with Brand Loyalty Caused by Consumer Learning-by-Using," Papiers d'Economie MathÃ©matique et Applications 92-17, UniversitÃ© PanthÃ©on-Sorbonne (Paris 1).
- Farrell, Joseph & Saloner, Garth, 1986. "Installed Base and Compatibility: Innovation, Product Preannouncements, and Predation," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 76(5), pages 940-955, December.
- Baake, Pio & Boom, Anette, 2001.
"Vertical product differentiation, network externalities, and compatibility decisions,"
International Journal of Industrial Organization,
Elsevier, vol. 19(1-2), pages 267-284, January.
- Anette Boom & Pio Baake, "undated". "Vertical Product Differentiation, Network Externalities, and Compatibility Decisions," Papers 010, Departmental Working Papers.
- Jeffrey Rohlfs, 1974. "A Theory of Interdependent Demand for a Communications Service," Bell Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 5(1), pages 16-37, Spring.
- Joseph Farrell & Garth Saloner, 1985.
"Installed Base and Compatibility With Implications for Product Preannouncements,"
385, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Department of Economics.
- Joseph Farrell & Garth Saloner, 1986. "Installed Base and Compatibility, With Implications for Product Preannouncements," Working papers 411, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Department of Economics.
- Katz, Michael L & Shapiro, Carl, 1992. "Product Introduction with Network Externalities," Journal of Industrial Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 40(1), pages 55-83, March.
- Makoto Yano & Fumio Dei, 2006. "Network externalities, discrete demand shifts, and submarginal-cost pricing," Canadian Journal of Economics, Canadian Economics Association, vol. 39(2), pages 455-476, May.
- Shy, Oz, 1996. "Technology revolutions in the presence of network externalities," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 14(6), pages 785-800, October.
- Bental, Benjamin & Spiegel, Menahem, 1995. "Network Competition, Product Quality, and Market Coverage in the Presence of Network Externalities," Journal of Industrial Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 43(2), pages 197-208, June.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Zhao, Dan & Chen, Hongmin & Hong, Xianpei & Liu, Jingfang, 2014. "Technology licensing contracts with network effects," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 158(C), pages 136-144.
- Garcia Filomena, 2013. "When Should a Monopolist Improve Quality in a Network Industry?," The B.E. Journal of Theoretical Economics, De Gruyter, vol. 13(1), pages 1-34, September.
- Lioudmila Savtchenko, 2010. "Foreign devaluation as a coordinating device of heterogeneous investors: A game-theoretic analysis of financial contagion," International Journal of Economic Theory, The International Society for Economic Theory, vol. 6(2), pages 195-204.
- Filomena Garcia & Cecilia Vergari, 2016.
"Revealing Incentives for Compatibility Provision in Vertically Differentiated Network Industries,"
Journal of Economics & Management Strategy,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 25(3), pages 720-749, September.
- Filomena Garcia & Cecilia Vergari, 2015. "Revealing incentives for Compatibility Provision in Vertically differentiated Network Industries," Caepr Working Papers 2015-005 Classification-L, Center for Applied Economics and Policy Research, Economics Department, Indiana University Bloomington.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bla:ijethy:v:3:y:2007:i:4:p:261-278. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum). General contact details of provider: http://www.blackwellpublishing.com/journal.asp?ref=1742-7355 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.