A Note on Price and Quantity Competition in Differentiated Oligopolies
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version below or search for a different version of it.
Other versions of this item:
- Häckner, Jonas, 1999. "A Note on Price and Quantity Competition in Differentiated Oligopolies," Research Papers in Economics 1999:9, Stockholm University, Department of Economics.
References listed on IDEAS
- Nirvikar Singh & Xavier Vives, 1984. "Price and Quantity Competition in a Differentiated Duopoly," RAND Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 15(4), pages 546-554, Winter.
- David M. Kreps & Jose A. Scheinkman, 1983. "Quantity Precommitment and Bertrand Competition Yield Cournot Outcomes," Bell Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 14(2), pages 326-337, Autumn.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Lambertini, Luca, 1997.
"Prisoners' Dilemma in Duopoly (Super)Games,"
Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 77(1), pages 181-191, November.
- L. Lambertini, 1996. "Prisoners` Dilemma in Duopoly Supergames," Working Papers 264, Dipartimento Scienze Economiche, Universita' di Bologna.
- Luca Lambertini, 1997. "Prisoners’ Dilemma in Duopoly (Super)games," CIE Discussion Papers 1997-08, University of Copenhagen. Department of Economics. Centre for Industrial Economics.
- Romana L. Autrey & Francesco Bova & David A. Soberman, 2014. "Organizational Structure and Gray Markets," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 33(6), pages 849-870, November.
- Lambertini, Luca & Tampieri, Alessandro, 2012.
"Vertical differentiation in a Cournot industry: The Porter hypothesis and beyond,"
Resource and Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 34(3), pages 374-380.
- L. Lambertini & A. Tampieri, 2011. "Vertical Differentiation in a Cournot Industry: The Porter Hypothesis and Beyond," Working Papers wp730, Dipartimento Scienze Economiche, Universita' di Bologna.
- Roma, Paolo & Perrone, Giovanni, 2016. "Cooperation among competitors: A comparison of cost-sharing mechanisms," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 180(C), pages 172-182.
- Simon Loertscher & Leslie Marx, 2014. "An Oligopoly Model for Analyzing and Evaluating (Re)-Assignments of Spectrum Licenses," Review of Industrial Organization, Springer;The Industrial Organization Society, vol. 45(3), pages 245-273, November.
- Marco Haan, 2001. "The Economics of Free Internet Access," Journal of Institutional and Theoretical Economics (JITE), Mohr Siebeck, Tübingen, vol. 157(3), pages 359-379, September.
- Elizabeth Schroeder & Victor Tremblay, 2015. "A Reappraisal of Strategic Trade Policy," Journal of Industry, Competition and Trade, Springer, vol. 15(4), pages 435-442, December.
- Blavatskyy, Pavlo, 2018. "Oligopolistic price competition with a continuous demand," Mathematical Social Sciences, Elsevier, vol. 93(C), pages 123-131.
- d'Aspremont, Claude & Dos Santos Ferreira, Rodolphe, 2009.
"Price-quantity competition with varying toughness,"
Games and Economic Behavior, Elsevier, vol. 65(1), pages 62-82, January.
- d’ASPREMONT, Claude & DOS SANTOS FERREIRA, Rodolphe, 2004. "Price-quantity competition with varying toughness," LIDAM Discussion Papers CORE 2004088, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- d’ASPREMONT, Claude & DOS SANTOS FERREIRA, Rodolphe, 2009. "Price-quantity competition with varying toughness," LIDAM Reprints CORE 2085, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Manipushpak Mitra & Rupayan Pal & Arindam Paul & P. M. Sharada, 2020.
"Equilibrium Coexistence of Public and Private Firms and the Plausibility of Price Competition,"
Journal of Institutional and Theoretical Economics (JITE), Mohr Siebeck, Tübingen, vol. 176(2), pages 217-242.
- Mitra, Manipushpak & Pal, Rupayan & Paul, Arindam & Sharada, P.M., 2017. "Equilibrium co-existence of public and private firms and the plausibility of price competition," MPRA Paper 81802, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Tigran Melkonyan & Hossam Zeitoun & Nick Chater, 2018. "Collusion in Bertrand vs. Cournot Competition: A Virtual Bargaining Approach," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 64(12), pages 5599-5610, December.
- Andrew F. Daughety, 2006. "Cournot Competition," Vanderbilt University Department of Economics Working Papers 0620, Vanderbilt University Department of Economics.
- Sreya Kolay, 2018. "Tie-in contracts with downstream competition," Quantitative Marketing and Economics (QME), Springer, vol. 16(1), pages 43-77, March.
- Jan Zouhar, 2016. "PQ oligopoly, proportional rationing, and randomly ordered consumers," Central European Journal of Operations Research, Springer;Slovak Society for Operations Research;Hungarian Operational Research Society;Czech Society for Operations Research;Österr. Gesellschaft für Operations Research (ÖGOR);Slovenian Society Informatika - Section for Operational Research;Croatian Operational Research Society, vol. 24(2), pages 455-471, June.
- Junichi Haraguchi & Toshihiro Matsumura, 2020.
"Endogenous public and private leadership with diverging social and private marginal costs,"
Manchester School, University of Manchester, vol. 88(5), pages 699-730, September.
- Haraguchi, Junichi & Matsumura, Toshihiro, 2019. "Endogenous Public and Private Leadership with Diverging Social and Private Marginal Costs," MPRA Paper 93450, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Avenali, Alessandro & Bracaglia, Valentina & D'Alfonso, Tiziana & Reverberi, Pierfrancesco, 2018. "Strategic formation and welfare effects of airline-high speed rail agreements," Transportation Research Part B: Methodological, Elsevier, vol. 117(PA), pages 393-411.
- Kohler, Philippe & O. Moore, Michael, 2003. "Domestic Welfare Effects of Foreign Strategic Trade Policies," Journal of Economic Integration, Center for Economic Integration, Sejong University, vol. 18, pages 573-586.
- Sherif Nasser & Danko Turcic, 2016. "To Commit or Not to Commit: Revisiting Quantity vs. Price Competition in a Differentiated Industry," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 62(6), pages 1719-1733, June.
- S. Alex Yang & John R. Birge & Rodney P. Parker, 2015. "The Supply Chain Effects of Bankruptcy," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 61(10), pages 2320-2338, October.
- Lacetera, Nicola & Zirulia, Lorenzo, 2012.
"Individual preferences, organization, and competition in a model of R&D incentive provision,"
Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 84(2), pages 550-570.
- Nicola Lacetera & Lorenzo Zirulia, 2011. "Individual Preferences, Organization, and Competition in a Model of R&D Incentive Provision," NBER Working Papers 17031, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
More about this item
- D43 - Microeconomics - - Market Structure, Pricing, and Design - - - Oligopoly and Other Forms of Market Imperfection
- L13 - Industrial Organization - - Market Structure, Firm Strategy, and Market Performance - - - Oligopoly and Other Imperfect Markets
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jetheo:v:93:y:2000:i:2:p:233-239. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/622869 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Catherine Liu (email available below). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/622869 .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.