New product introduction and capacity investment by incumbents: Effects of size on strategy
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Jean Tirole, 1988. "The Theory of Industrial Organization," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 1, volume 1, number 0262200716, January.
- Avinash Dixit, 1979.
"A Model of Duopoly Suggesting a Theory of Entry Barriers,"
Bell Journal of Economics,
The RAND Corporation, vol. 10(1), pages 20-32, Spring.
- Dixit, Avinash K., 1978. "A Model of Duopoly Suggesting a Theory of Entry Barriers," The Warwick Economics Research Paper Series (TWERPS) 125, University of Warwick, Department of Economics.
- Symeonidis, George, 2003. "Comparing Cournot and Bertrand equilibria in a differentiated duopoly with product R&D," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 21(1), pages 39-55, January.
- Ravi Anupindi & Li Jiang, 2008. "Capacity Investment Under Postponement Strategies, Market Competition, and Demand Uncertainty," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 54(11), pages 1876-1890, November.
- Levitan, Richard & Shubik, Martin, 1972. "Price Duopoly and Capacity Constraints," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 13(1), pages 111-122, February.
- Bish, Ebru K. & Suwandechochai, Rawee, 2010. "Optimal capacity for substitutable products under operational postponement," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 207(2), pages 775-783, December.
- Manu Goyal & Serguei Netessine, 2007. "Strategic Technology Choice and Capacity Investment Under Demand Uncertainty," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 53(2), pages 192-207, February.
- K. Sridhar Moorthy & I. P. L. Png, 1992. "Market Segmentation, Cannibalization, and the Timing of Product Introductions," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 38(3), pages 345-359, March.
- Dawid, Herbert & Kopel, Michael & Kort, Peter M., 2010. "Innovation threats and strategic responses in oligopoly markets," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 75(2), pages 203-222, August.
- H. Dawid & M. Kopel & P. Kort, 2010. "Dynamic strategic interaction between an innovating and a non-innovating incumbent," Central European Journal of Operations Research, Springer;Slovak Society for Operations Research;Hungarian Operational Research Society;Czech Society for Operations Research;Österr. Gesellschaft für Operations Research (ÖGOR);Slovenian Society Informatika - Section for Operational Research;Croatian Operational Research Society, vol. 18(4), pages 453-463, December.
- Tang, Christopher S. & Yin, Rui, 2010. "The implications of costs, capacity, and competition on product line selection," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 200(2), pages 439-450, January.
- Caulkins, Jonathan P. & Feichtinger, Gustav & Grass, Dieter & Hartl, Richard F. & Kort, Peter M., 2011. "Two state capital accumulation with heterogenous products: Disruptive vs. non-disruptive goods," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 35(4), pages 462-478, April.
- Maggi, Giovanni, 1996. "Strategic Trade Policies with Endogenous Mode of Competition," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 86(1), pages 237-258, March.
- Huang, Xiao & Sosic, Greys, 2010. "Analysis of industry equilibria in models with sustaining and disruptive technology," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 207(1), pages 238-248, November.
- David M. Kreps & Jose A. Scheinkman, 1983. "Quantity Precommitment and Bertrand Competition Yield Cournot Outcomes," Bell Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 14(2), pages 326-337, Autumn.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Fabio Lamantia & Mario Pezzino, 2017. "Dynamic analysis of discontinuous best response with innovation," The School of Economics Discussion Paper Series 1708, Economics, The University of Manchester.
- Lambertini, Luca & Palestini, Arsen, 2014.
"On the feedback solutions of differential oligopoly games with hyperbolic demand curve and capacity accumulation,"
European Journal of Operational Research,
Elsevier, vol. 236(1), pages 272-281.
- L. Lambertini & A. Palestini, 2013. "On the Feedback Solutions of Differential Oligopoly Games with Hyperbolic Demand Curve and Capacity Accumulation," Working Papers wp862, Dipartimento Scienze Economiche, Universita' di Bologna.
- repec:eee:proeco:v:193:y:2017:i:c:p:757-769 is not listed on IDEAS
- Zhang, Jun & Guo, Ruey-Shan, 2016. "The D-Day, V-Day, and bleak days of a disruptive technology: A new model for ex-ante evaluation of the timing of technology disruptionAuthor-Name: Chen, Chialin," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 251(2), pages 562-574.
- Dawid, Herbert & Keoula, Michel Y. & Kopel, Michael & Kort, Peter M., 2015. "Product innovation incentives by an incumbent firm: A dynamic analysis," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 117(C), pages 411-438.
More about this item
KeywordsGame theory; Innovation incentives; Capacity choice; Multi-product oligopoly; Subgame-perfect-equilibrium;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:ejores:v:230:y:2013:i:1:p:133-142. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/eor .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.