On the existence of pure strategy Nash equilibria in two person discrete games
We construct a generalized two-person discrete strategy static game of complete information where continuity, convexity and compactness cannot be invoked to show the existence of pure strategy Nash equilibrium. We show that, when best responses are unique from both sides, a condition of Minimal Acyclicity is necessary and sufficient for the existence of pure strategy Nash equilibria.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Khan, M. Ali & Yeneng, Sun, 1995. "Pure strategies in games with private information," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 24(7), pages 633-653.
- Ziad, Abderrahmane, 1999. "Pure strategy Nash equilibria of non-zero-sum two-person games: non-convex case," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 62(3), pages 307-310, March.
- Partha Dasgupta & Eric Maskin, 1986. "The Existence of Equilibrium in Discontinuous Economic Games, I: Theory," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 53(1), pages 1-26.
- Guilherme Carmona, 2004.
"On the Existence of Pure Strategy Nash Equilibria in Large Games,"
Game Theory and Information
- Carmona, Guilherme, 2006. "On the Existence of Pure Strategy Nash Equilibria in Large Games," FEUNL Working Paper Series wp487, Universidade Nova de Lisboa, Faculdade de Economia.
- Carmona, Guilherme, 2004. "On the Existence of Pure Strategy Nash Equilibria in Large Games," FEUNL Working Paper Series wp465, Universidade Nova de Lisboa, Faculdade de Economia.
- Philip J. Reny, 1999. "On the Existence of Pure and Mixed Strategy Nash Equilibria in Discontinuous Games," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 67(5), pages 1029-1056, September.
- Lu, Haishu, 2007. "On the existence of pure-strategy Nash equilibrium," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 94(3), pages 459-462, March. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:ecolet:v:111:y:2011:i:2:p:144-146. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.