Intermediate Preferences and Behavioral Conformity in Large Games
We consider games with a continuum of players and intermediate prefer- ences. We show that any such game has a Nash equilibrium that induces a partition of the set of attributes into a bounded number of convex sets with the following property: all players with an attribute in the interior of the same element of the partition play the same action. Furthermore, if the game induces an absolutely continuous distribution (with respect to the Lebesgue measure) on the attribute space, then we can strengthen the conclusion by showing that all players with an attribute in the same element of the partition play the same action.
|Date of creation:||2007|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Campus de Campolide, 1099-032 Lisboa|
Phone: (351) 21 3801638
Fax: (351) 21 3870933
Web page: http://www.fe.unl.pt
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Wooders, Myrna & Cartwright, Edward & Selten, Reinhard, 2006.
"Behavioral conformity in games with many players,"
Games and Economic Behavior,
Elsevier, vol. 57(2), pages 347-360, November.
- Myrna Wooders & Edward Cartwright & Reinhard Selten, 2005. "Behavioral Conformity in Games with Many Players," Vanderbilt University Department of Economics Working Papers 0513, Vanderbilt University Department of Economics.
- Guilherme Carmona, 2004.
"Nash Equilibria of Games with a Continuum of Players,"
Game Theory and Information
- Carmona, Guilherme, 2004. "Nash Equilibria of Games with a Continuum of Players," FEUNL Working Paper Series wp466, Universidade Nova de Lisboa, Faculdade de Economia.
- Grandmont, Jean-Michel, 1978. "Intermediate Preferences and the Majority Rule," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 46(2), pages 317-30, March.
- Rath, Kali P, 1995. "Representation of Finite Action Large Games," International Journal of Game Theory, Springer;Game Theory Society, vol. 24(1), pages 23-35.
- Khan, M. Ali & Yeneng, Sun, 1995. "Pure strategies in games with private information," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 24(7), pages 633-653.
- Rashid, Salim, 1983. "Equilibrium points of non-atomic games : Asymptotic results," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 12(1), pages 7-10.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:unl:unlfep:wp523. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sean Story)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.