Pursuing the wrong options? Adjustment costs and the relationship between uncertainty and capital accumulation
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version below or search for a different version of it.
Other versions of this item:
- Bond, Stephen R. & Söderbom, Måns & Wu, Guiying, 2010. "Pursuing the Wrong Options? Adjustment Costs and the Relationship between Uncertainty and Capital Accumulation," Working Papers in Economics 449, University of Gothenburg, Department of Economics.
References listed on IDEAS
- Abel, Andrew B. & Eberly, Janice C., 1999.
"The effects of irreversibility and uncertainty on capital accumulation,"
Journal of Monetary Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 44(3), pages 339-377, December.
- Andrew B. Abel & Janice B. Eberly, "undated". "The Effects of Irreversibility and Uncertainty on Capital Accumulation," Rodney L. White Center for Financial Research Working Papers 21-95, Wharton School Rodney L. White Center for Financial Research.
- Andrew B. Abel & Janice C. Eberly, 1995. "The Effects of Irreversibility and Uncertainty on Capital Accumulation," NBER Working Papers 5363, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Russell W. Cooper & John C. Haltiwanger, 2006. "On the Nature of Capital Adjustment Costs," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 73(3), pages 611-633.
- Avinash K. Dixit & Robert S. Pindyck, 1994. "Investment under Uncertainty," Economics Books, Princeton University Press, edition 1, number 5474, June.
- Janice Eberly & Sergio Rebelo & Nicolas Vincent, 2008.
"Investment and Value: A Neoclassical Benchmark,"
Cahiers de recherche
08-03, HEC Montréal, Institut d'économie appliquée.
- Eberly, Janice & Rebelo, Sérgio & Vincent, Nicolas, 2008. "Investment and Value: A Neoclassical Benchmark," CEPR Discussion Papers 6737, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Janice Eberly & Sergio Rebelo & Nicolas Vincent, 2009. "Investment and Value: a Neoclassical Benchmark," Cahiers de recherche 0908, CIRPEE.
- Janice Eberly & Sergio Rebelo & Nicolas Vincent, 2008. "Investment and Value: A Neoclassical Benchmark," NBER Working Papers 13866, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Andrew B. Abel, 2002.
"On the Invariance of the Rate of Return to Convex Adjustment Costs,"
Review of Economic Dynamics,
Elsevier for the Society for Economic Dynamics, vol. 5(3), pages 586-601, July.
- Andrew B. Abel, 2001. "On the Invariance of the Rate of Return to Convex Adjustment Costs," NBER Working Papers 8635, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Andrew B. Abel, 2001. "On the Invariance of the Rate of Return to Convex Adjustment Costs," NBER Working Papers 8649, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Andrew B. Abel & Janice C. Eberly, 1996. "Optimal Investment with Costly Reversibility," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 63(4), pages 581-593.
- Nicholas Bloom, 2009. "The Impact of Uncertainty Shocks," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 77(3), pages 623-685, May.
- Hayashi, Fumio & Inoue, Tohru, 1991.
"The Relation between Firm Growth and Q with Multiple Capital Goods: Theory and Evidence from Panel Data on Japanese Firms,"
Econometric Society, vol. 59(3), pages 731-753, May.
- Fumio Hayashi & Tohru Inoue, 1990. "The Relation Between Firm Growth and Q with Multiple Capital Goods: Theory and Evidence from Panel Data on Japanese Firms," NBER Working Papers 3326, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Lawrence H. Summers, 1981. "Taxation and Corporate Investment: A q-Theory Approach," Brookings Papers on Economic Activity, Economic Studies Program, The Brookings Institution, vol. 12(1), pages 67-140.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Guiying Laura Wu, 2015.
"Investment Frictions and the Aggregate Output Loss in China,"
Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics,
Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 77(3), pages 437-465, June.
- Guiying (Laura) Wu, 2013. "Investment Frictions and the Aggregate Output Loss in China," Economic Growth Centre Working Paper Series 1307, Nanyang Technological University, School of Social Sciences, Economic Growth Centre.
More about this item
KeywordsUncertainty Real options Adjustment costs Capital accumulation;
- C15 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods and Methodology: General - - - Statistical Simulation Methods: General
- D92 - Microeconomics - - Micro-Based Behavioral Economics - - - Intertemporal Firm Choice, Investment, Capacity, and Financing
- E22 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Consumption, Saving, Production, Employment, and Investment - - - Investment; Capital; Intangible Capital; Capacity
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:ecolet:v:111:y:2011:i:3:p:249-251. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/ecolet .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.