Feminist-Kaleckian Macroeconomic Policy for Developing Countries
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Erturk, Korkut & Cagatay, Nilufer, 1995. "Macroeconomic consequences of cyclical and secular changes in feminization: An experiment at gendered macromodeling," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 23(11), pages 1969-1977, November.
- Braunstein, Elissa, 2000.
"Engendering Foreign Direct Investment: Family Structure, Labor Markets and International Capital Mobility,"
Elsevier, vol. 28(7), pages 1157-1172, July.
- Elissa Braunstein, 2000. "Engendering Foreign Direct Investment: Family Structure, Labor Markets, and International Capital Mobility," Published Studies ps10, Political Economy Research Institute, University of Massachusetts at Amherst.
- Newman, Constance & Jarvis, Lovell S., 2000. "Worker And Firm Determinants Of Piece Rate Variation In An Agricultural Labor Market," Working Papers 11977, University of California, Davis, Department of Agricultural and Resource Economics.
- Robert Pollin, 2002. "Globalization and the Transition to Egalitarian Development," Working Papers wp42, Political Economy Research Institute, University of Massachusetts at Amherst.
- Asad Sayeed & Radhika Balakrishnan, 2002. "Why Do Firms Disintegrate? Towards an Understanding of the Firm Level Decision to Sub-Contract and Its Impact on Labor," SCEPA working paper series. SCEPA's main areas of research are macroeconomic policy, inequality and poverty, and globalization. 2002-12, Schwartz Center for Economic Policy Analysis (SCEPA), The New School.
- Ozler, Sule, 2000. "Export Orientation and Female Share of Employment: Evidence from Turkey," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 28(7), pages 1239-1248, July.
- C. Mark Blackden, 1999. "Gender, Growth, and Poverty Reduction," World Bank Other Operational Studies 9873, The World Bank.
- Seguino, Stephanie, 2003. "Why are women in the Caribbean so much more likely than men to be unemployed?," MPRA Paper 6507, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- MartÃn Rama, 2001.
"The Consequences of Doubling the Minimum Wage: The Case of Indonesia,"
Cornell University, ILR School, vol. 54(4), pages 864-881, July.
- Rama, Martin, 1996. "The consequences of doubling the minimum wage : the case of Indonesia," Policy Research Working Paper Series 1643, The World Bank.
- M. Anne Hill & Elizabeth King, 1995. "Women's education and economic well-being," Feminist Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, pages 21-46.
- Tzannatos, Zafiris, 1999. "Women and Labor Market Changes in the Global Economy: Growth Helps, Inequalities Hurt and Public Policy Matters," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 27(3), pages 551-569, March.
- Mehra, Rekha & Gammage, Sarah, 1999. "Trends, Countertrends, and Gaps in Women's Employment," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 27(3), pages 533-550, March.
- Appleton, Simon & Hoddinott, John & Krishnan, Pramila, 1999. "The Gender Wage Gap in Three African Countries," Economic Development and Cultural Change, University of Chicago Press, vol. 47(2), pages 289-312, January.
- Remco H. Oostendorp, 2009. "Globalization and the Gender Wage Gap," World Bank Economic Review, World Bank Group, vol. 23(1), pages 141-161, January.
- Erturk, Korkut & Darity, William Jr., 2000. "Secular Changes in the Gender Composition of Employment and Growth Dynamics in the North and the South," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 28(7), pages 1231-1238, July.
- Floro, Maria Sagrario, 1995. "Economic restructuring, gender and the allocation of time," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 23(11), pages 1913-1929, November.
- Stephanie Seguino, 1997. "Gender wage inequality and export-led growth in South Korea," Journal of Development Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 34(2), pages 102-132.
- Darity, William Jr., 1995. "The formal structure of a gender-segregated low-income economy," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 23(11), pages 1963-1968, November.
- Antecol, Heather, 2000. "An examination of cross-country differences in the gender gap in labor force participation rates," Labour Economics, Elsevier, vol. 7(4), pages 409-426, July.
- Bhaduri, Amit & Marglin, Stephen, 1990. "Unemployment and the Real Wage: The Economic Basis for Contesting Political Ideologies," Cambridge Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 14(4), pages 375-393, December.
- Standing, Guy, 1989. "Global feminization through flexible labor," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 17(7), pages 1077-1095, July.
- Sandra E. Black & Elizabeth Brainerd, 1999. "Importing equality? The effects of increased competition on the gender wage gap," Staff Reports 74, Federal Reserve Bank of New York.
- Seguino, Stephanie, 1999. "The Investment Function Revisited: Disciplining Capital in Korea," MPRA Paper 6539, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- G¸nseli Berik & Yana van der Meulen Rodgers & Joseph E. Zveglich, 2004. "International Trade and Gender Wage Discrimination: Evidence from East Asia," Review of Development Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 8(2), pages 237-254, May.
- Elson, Diane & Cagatay, Nilufer, 2000. "The Social Content of Macroeconomic Policies," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 28(7), pages 1347-1364, July.
- Huff, W G, 1995. "What Is the Singapore Model of Economic Development?," Cambridge Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 19(6), pages 735-759, December.
- Blecker, Robert A & Seguino, Stephanie, 2002. "Macroeconomic Effects of Reducing Gender Wage Inequality in an Export-Oriented, Semi-industrialized Economy," Review of Development Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 6(1), pages 103-119, February.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Stephanie Seguino, 2005. "Gender Inequality in a Globalizing World," Economics Working Paper Archive wp_426, Levy Economics Institute.
- Pavlina R. Tcherneva, 2012. "What Do Poor Women Want? Public Employment or Cash Transfers? Lessons from Argentina," Economics Working Paper Archive wp_705, Levy Economics Institute.
- Caren A. Grown & Chandrika Bahadur & Jessie Handbury & Diane Elson, 2006. "The Financial Requirements of Achieving Gender Equality and Women's Empowerment," Economics Working Paper Archive wp_467, Levy Economics Institute.
- Dasgupta, Sukti. & Sudarshan, Ratna M., 2011. "Issues in labour market inequality and women's participation in India's National Rural Employment Guarantee Programme," ILO Working Papers 994617143402676, International Labour Organization.
- repec:ilo:ilowps:461714 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:ilo:ilowps:370974 is not listed on IDEAS
- Cagatay, Nilüfer. & Ertürk, Korkuk., 2004. "Gender and globalization : a macroeconomic perspective," ILO Working Papers 993709743402676, International Labour Organization.
More about this item
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2006-06-24 (All new papers)
- NEP-MAC-2006-06-24 (Macroeconomics)
- NEP-PKE-2006-06-24 (Post Keynesian Economics)
- NEP-SEA-2006-06-24 (South East Asia)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:lev:wrkpap:wp_446. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Elizabeth Dunn). General contact details of provider: http://www.levyinstitute.org .