Trends, Countertrends, and Gaps in Women's Employment
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Saito, K.A. & Weidermann, C.J., 1990. "Agricultural Extension For Women Farmers In Africa," World Bank - Discussion Papers 103, World Bank.
- Standing, Guy, 1999. "Global Feminization Through Flexible Labor: A Theme Revisited," World Development, Elsevier, pages 583-602.
- Tam, Tony, 1996. "Reducing the gender gap in an asian economy: How important is women's increasing work experience?," World Development, Elsevier, pages 831-844.
- Hotchkiss, Julie L & Moore, Robert E, 1996. "Gender Compensation Differentials in Jamaica," Economic Development and Cultural Change, University of Chicago Press, vol. 44(3), pages 657-676, April.
- Arriagada, Irma, 1994. "Changes in the urban female labour market," Revista CEPAL, Naciones Unidas Comisión Económica para América Latina y el Caribe (CEPAL).
- Chen, Martha & Sebstad, Jennefer & O'Connell, Lesley, 1999. "Counting the Invisible Workforce: The Case of Homebased Workers," World Development, Elsevier, pages 603-610.
- Kossoudji, Sherrie & Mueller, Eva, 1983. "The Economic and Demographic Status of Female-Headed Households in Rural Botswana," Economic Development and Cultural Change, University of Chicago Press, vol. 31(4), pages 831-859, July.
- Horton, Susan, 1999. "Marginalization Revisited: Women's Market Work and Pay, and Economic Development," World Development, Elsevier, pages 571-582.
- Saito, Katrine A. & Weidemann, C. Jean, 1990. "Agricultural extension for women farmers in Africa," Policy Research Working Paper Series 398, The World Bank.
- Elson, Diane, 1999. "Labor Markets as Gendered Institutions: Equality, Efficiency and Empowerment Issues," World Development, Elsevier, pages 611-627.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Mariapia Mendola & Gero Carletto, 2008.
"International migration and gender differentials in the home labor market: evidence from Albania,"
148, University of Milano-Bicocca, Department of Economics, revised Dec 2008.
- Mendola, Mariapia & Carletto, Gero, 2009. "International migration and gender differentials in the home labor market : evidence from Albania," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4900, The World Bank.
- Mariapia Mendola & Gero Carletto, 2009. "International Migration and Gender Differentials in the Home Labor Market: Evidence from Albania," Development Working Papers 272, Centro Studi Luca d'Agliano, University of Milano.
- John Anyanwu, 2014. "Working Paper 201 - Does Intra-African Trade Reduce Youth Unemployment in Africa ?," Working Paper Series 2107, African Development Bank.
- Mendola, Mariapia & Carletto, Calogero, 2012. "Migration and gender differences in the home labour market: Evidence from Albania," Labour Economics, Elsevier, vol. 19(6), pages 870-880.
- van Leeuwen, I.W., 2005. "Gender and microinsurance," ISS Working Papers - General Series 19175, International Institute of Social Studies of Erasmus University Rotterdam (ISS), The Hague.
- Rita Watterson & Lynn McIntyre & Krista Rondeau, 2013. "A case of gendered hazards and health effects for ultra-poor women," Chapters,in: Handbook of Research on Gender and Economic Life, chapter 28, pages 454-467 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Salway, Sarah & Rahman, Shahana & Jesmin, Sonia, 2003. "A Profile of Women's Work Participation Among the Urban Poor of Dhaka," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 31(5), pages 881-901, May.
- Greg Hannsgen, 2007.
"A Random Walk Down Maple Lane? A Critique of Neoclassical Consumption Theory with Reference to Housing Wealth,"
Review of Political Economy,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 19(1), pages 1-20.
- Stephanie Seguino & Caren A. Grown, 2006. "Feminist-Kaleckian Macroeconomic Policy for Developing Countries," Economics Working Paper Archive wp_446, Levy Economics Institute.
- Jeemol Unni & Uma Rani, 2007. "Women, Work and Insecurities in India," Working Papers id:1047, eSocialSciences.
- repec:ilo:ilowps:370118 is not listed on IDEAS
- Assaad, Ragui & Arntz, Melanie, 2005. "Constrained Geographical Mobility and Gendered Labor Market Outcomes Under Structural Adjustment: Evidence from Egypt," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 33(3), pages 431-454, March.
- Ebru Kongar, 2005. "Importing Equality or Exporting Jobs?: Competition and Gender Wage and Employment Differentials in U.S. Manufacturing," Economics Working Paper Archive wp_436, Levy Economics Institute.
- Barrientos, Stephanie. & Kabeer, Naila. & Hossain, Naomi., 2004. "The gender dimensions of the globalization of production," ILO Working Papers 993701183402676, International Labour Organization.
- Besamusca, Janna & Tijdens, Kea & Keune, Maarten & Steinmetz, Stephanie, 2015. "Working Women Worldwide. Age Effects in Female Labor Force Participation in 117 Countries," World Development, Elsevier, pages 123-141.
- Oscar Molina Tejerina & Sergio Bobka Calcina, 2016. "Comercio internacional y brechas salariales no explicadas por género: Evidencia para el sector agrícola en Bolivia," Investigación & Desarrollo 0416, Universidad Privada Boliviana, revised Jun 2016.
- Headey, Derek & Bezemer, Dirk & Hazell, Peter B., 2008. "Agricultural exit problems: Causes and consequences," IFPRI discussion papers 802, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Heba Handoussa & Zafiris Tzannatos, 2002. "Employment Creation and Social Protection in the Middle East and North Africa," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 15246.
- Miles, Rebecca, 2002. "Employment and Unemployment in Jordan: The Importance of the Gender System," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 30(3), pages 413-427, March.
- Svedberg, Peter, 1999. "841 Million Undernourished?," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 27(12), pages 2081-2098, December.
- Alan de Brauw, 2003. "Are Women Taking over the Farm in China?," Department of Economics Working Papers 2003-02, Department of Economics, Williams College.
- John C. Anyanwu, 2014. "Does Intra-African Trade Reduce Youth Unemployment in Africa?," African Development Review, African Development Bank, vol. 26(2), pages 286-309, June.
- Ebru Kongar, 2005. "Importing Equality or Exporting Jobs?: Competition and Gender Wage and Employment Differentials in U.S. Manufacturing," Working Paper Series, Department of Economics, University of Utah 2005_13, University of Utah, Department of Economics.
- Hanan Nazier & Racha Ramadan, 2016. "Women's Participation in Labor Market in Egypt: Constraints and Opportunities," Working Papers 999, Economic Research Forum, revised May 2016.
- Purna Banerjee & C. Veeramani, 2015. "Trade liberalisation and women's employment intensity: Analysis of India's manufacturing industries," Indira Gandhi Institute of Development Research, Mumbai Working Papers 2015-018, Indira Gandhi Institute of Development Research, Mumbai, India.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:wdevel:v:27:y:1999:i:3:p:533-550. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/worlddev .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.