Economic restructuring, gender and the allocation of time
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Howes, Candace & Singh, Ajit, 1995.
"Long-term trends in the World economy: The gender dimension,"
Elsevier, vol. 23(11), pages 1895-1911, November.
- Howes, Candace & Singh, Ajit, 1994. "Long term trends in the world economy: the gender dimension," MPRA Paper 53436, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Howes, Candace & Singh, Ajit, 1994. "Long term trends in the world economy: the gender dimension," MPRA Paper 54993, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Juster, F Thomas & Stafford, Frank P, 1991.
"The Allocation of Time: Empirical Findings, Behavioral Models, and Problems of Measurement,"
Journal of Economic Literature,
American Economic Association, vol. 29(2), pages 471-522, June.
- Juster, F. Thomas & Stafford, Frank P., 1990. "The Allocation of Time: Empirical Findings, Behavioural Models, and Problems of Measurement," Working Paper Series 258, Research Institute of Industrial Economics.
- Beneria, Lourdes, 1992. "Accounting for women's work: the progress of two decades," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 20(11), pages 1547-1560, November.
- Standing, Guy, 1989. "Global feminization through flexible labor," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 17(7), pages 1077-1095, July.
- Benería, Lourdes & Roldán, Martha, 1987. "The Crossroads of Class and Gender," University of Chicago Press Economics Books, University of Chicago Press, number 9780226042329, Winter.
- Wolfe, Barbara & Haveman, Robert, 1983. "Time Allocation, Market Work, and Changes in Female Health," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 73(2), pages 134-139, May.
- Jiggins, Janice, 1989. "How poor women earn income in sub-Saharan Africa and what works against them," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 17(7), pages 953-963, July.
- Benton, Lauren A., 1989. "Homework and industrial development: Gender roles and restructuring in the Spanish shoe industry," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 17(2), pages 255-266, February.
- Nickols, Sharon Y & Fox, Karen D, 1983. " Buying Time and Saving Time: Strategies for Managing Household Production," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 10(2), pages 197-208, September.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Ning, Manxiu & Gong, Jinquan & Zheng, Xuhui & Zhuang, Jun, 2016. "Does New Rural Pension Scheme decrease elderly labor supply? Evidence from CHARLS," China Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 41(C), pages 315-330.
- Javier Martinez Peinado & Gemma Cairo Cespedes, 2004. "Gender And Regional Inequality In Human Development: The Case Of Spain," Feminist Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 10(1), pages 37-64.
- Lourdes BENERÍA, 1999. "The enduring debate over unpaid labour," International Labour Review, International Labour Organization, vol. 138(3), pages 287-309, September.
- Lina Gálvez-Muñoz & Paula Rodríguez-Modroño & Tindara Addabbo, 2013.
"The impact of European Union austerity policy on women's work in Southern Europe,"
Center for the Analysis of Public Policies (CAPP)
0108, Universita di Modena e Reggio Emilia, Dipartimento di Economia "Marco Biagi".
- Lina Gálvez-Muñoz 1 & Paula Rodríguez-Modroño & Tindara Addabbo, 2013. "The impact of European Union austerity policy on women's work in Southern Europe," Department of Economics (DEMB) 0018, University of Modena and Reggio Emilia, Department of Economics "Marco Biagi".
- Xiao-yuan Dong & Xinli An, 2015. "Gender Patterns and Value of Unpaid Care Work: Findings From China's First Large-Scale Time Use Survey," Review of Income and Wealth, International Association for Research in Income and Wealth, vol. 61(3), pages 540-560, September.
- Tindara Addabbo & Paula Rodríguez-Modroño & Lina Gálvez-Muñoz, 2013. "Gender and the Great Recession: Changes in labour supply in Spain," Department of Economics (DEMB) 0010, University of Modena and Reggio Emilia, Department of Economics "Marco Biagi".
- Yuta Masuda & Lea Fortmann & Mary Gugerty & Marla Smith-Nilson & Joseph Cook, 2014. "Pictorial Approaches for Measuring Time Use in Rural Ethiopia," Social Indicators Research: An International and Interdisciplinary Journal for Quality-of-Life Measurement, Springer, vol. 115(1), pages 467-482, January.
- Myriam Blin, 2006. "Export-Oriented Policies, Womenâ€™s Work Burden and Human Development in Mauritius," Working Papers 147, Department of Economics, SOAS, University of London, UK.
- Sarah Gammage, 2015. "Labour market institutions and gender equality," Chapters, in: Janine Berg (ed.), Labour Markets, Institutions and Inequality, chapter 12, pages 315-339, Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Ndikumana, Léonce & Pickbourn, Lynda, 2013. "Impact of Sectoral Allocation of Foreign Aid on Gender equity and Human Development," WIDER Working Paper Series 066, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Stephanie Seguino & Caren A. Grown, 2006. "Feminist-Kaleckian Macroeconomic Policy for Developing Countries," Economics Working Paper Archive wp_446, Levy Economics Institute.
- Karin Astrid Siegmann & Myriam Blin, 2006. "The Best Of Two Worlds: Between-Method Triangulation In Feminist Economics Research," Working Papers 146, Department of Economics, SOAS, University of London, UK.
- Lynda Pickbourn & Léonce Ndikumana, 2013. "Impact of Sectoral Allocation of Foreign Aid on Gender Equity and Human Development," Published Studies unu_pickbourn_ndikumana, Political Economy Research Institute, University of Massachusetts at Amherst.
- Heather Congdon Fors, 2016. "Citizens' support for Economic Reforms in Sub-Saharan Africa," South African Journal of Economics, Economic Society of South Africa, vol. 84(3), pages 343-363, September.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:wdevel:v:23:y:1995:i:11:p:1913-1929. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/worlddev .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.