Long term trends in the world economy: the gender dimension
This paper is concerned with exploring some of the gender implications of certain long term trends which have dominated the world economy in the post World War II period. It analyzes how these trends affect men and women, and to what extent if any, they are in turn affected by gender.
|Date of creation:||17 Oct 1994|
|Date of revision:|
|Publication status:||Published in World Development 11.23(1995): pp. 1895-1911|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Web page: https://mpra.ub.uni-muenchen.de
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Fishlow, Albert, 1987.
"Some Reflections on Comparative Latin American Economic Performance and Policy,"
Department of Economics, Working Paper Series
qt205388wm, Department of Economics, Institute for Business and Economic Research, UC Berkeley.
- Albert Fishlow., 1987. "Some Reflections on Comparative Latin American Economic Performance and Policy," Economics Working Papers 8754, University of California at Berkeley.
- Norton, R D, 1986. "Industrial Policy and American Renewal," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 24(1), pages 1-40, March.
- Michael Bruno & Jeffrey D. Sachs, 1985. "Economics of Worldwide Stagflation," NBER Books, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc, number brun85-1.
- Patel, Surendra J., 1992. "In tribute to the golden age of the South's development," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 20(5), pages 767-777, May.
- Claudia Goldin, 1990.
"Understanding the Gender Gap: An Economic History of American Women,"
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc, number gold90-1.
- Goldin, Claudia, 1992. "Understanding the Gender Gap: An Economic History of American Women," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780195072709.
- Jeffrey D. Sachs, 1985. "External Debt and Macroeconomic Performance in Latin America and East Asia," Brookings Papers on Economic Activity, Economic Studies Program, The Brookings Institution, vol. 16(2), pages 523-573.
- Singh, Ajit & Zammit, Ann, 1994. "Employment and unemployment: North and South. Notes for a global development agenda for the 1990s," MPRA Paper 54989, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Beckerman, Wilfred & Jenkinson, Tim, 1986. "What Stopped the Inflation? Unemployment of Commodity Prices?," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 96(381), pages 39-54, March.
- C Freeman, 1989. "New Technology and Catching Up," The European Journal of Development Research, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 1(1), pages 85-99, June.
- Singh, Ajit, 1989. "Third World Competition and De-industrialisation in Advanced Countries," Cambridge Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 13(1), pages 103-20, March.
- Standing, Guy, 1989. "Global feminization through flexible labor," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 17(7), pages 1077-1095, July.
- Reynolds, Lloyd G, 1983. "The Spread of Economic Growth to the Third World: 1850-1980," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 21(3), pages 941-80, September.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:53436. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.