Institutional requirements for full employment in advanced economies
Abstract In the 1980s, fifty years after the Great Depression industrial countries came again to be haunted with the spectre of mass unemployment. The unemployment situation, into the 1990s, continues to be dire in several European Union countries. Double digit unemployment rates are currently being recorded by Belgium, Denmark, France, Italy, with near double-digit rates in several others including Britain, Germany and Sweden. On the most recent available official data, nearly a quarter of the labour force in Spain and Finland are unemployed
|Date of creation:||23 Aug 1995|
|Date of revision:|
|Publication status:||Published in International Labour Review 4-5.135(1995): pp. 1-45|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Ludwigstraße 33, D-80539 Munich, Germany|
Web page: https://mpra.ub.uni-muenchen.de
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Singh, Ajit, 1977. "UK Industry and the World Economy: A Case of De-industrialisation?," Cambridge Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 1(2), pages 113-36, June.
- Paul Krugman & Robert Lawrence, 1993. "Trade, Jobs, and Wages," NBER Working Papers 4478, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Amitava K. Dutt & Kenneth P. Jameson, 1992. "New Directions In Development Economics," Books, Edward Elgar Publishing, number 155.
- Michael Bruno & Jeffrey D. Sachs, 1985. "Economics of Worldwide Stagflation," NBER Books, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc, number brun85-1, October.
- Fishlow, Albert, 1987.
"Some Reflections on Comparative Latin American Economic Performance and Policy,"
Department of Economics, Working Paper Series
qt205388wm, Department of Economics, Institute for Business and Economic Research, UC Berkeley.
- Albert Fishlow., 1987. "Some Reflections on Comparative Latin American Economic Performance and Policy," Economics Working Papers 8754, University of California at Berkeley.
- Singh, Ajit, 1989. "Third World Competition and De-industrialisation in Advanced Countries," Cambridge Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 13(1), pages 103-20, March.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:54990. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.