Linking Social Entrepreneurship and Social Change: The Mediating Role of Empowerment
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Muhammad Azam Roomi & Guy Parrott, 2008. "Barriers to Development and Progression of Women Entrepreneurs in Pakistan," The Journal of Entrepreneurship, Entrepreneurship Development Institute of India, vol. 17(1), pages 59-72, May.
- Sarah Mosedale, 2005. "Assessing women's empowerment: towards a conceptual framework," Journal of International Development, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 17(2), pages 243-257.
- Jean Clarke & Robin Holt, 2010. "Reflective Judgement: Understanding Entrepreneurship as Ethical Practice," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 94(3), pages 317-331, July.
- Zoltán J. Ács & Mary C. Boardman & Connie L. McNeely, 2015.
"The social value of productive entrepreneurship,"
Chapters,in: Global Entrepreneurship, Institutions and Incentives, chapter 3, pages 42-53
Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Weitzel, Utz & Urbig, Diemo & Desai, Sameeksha & Sanders, Mark & Acs, Zoltan, 2010. "The good, the bad, and the talented: Entrepreneurial talent and selfish behavior," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, pages 64-81.
- Utz Weitzel & Diemo Urbig & Sameeksha Desai & Mark Sanders & Zoltan Acs, 2010. "The Good, the Bad, and the Talented: Entrepreneurial Talent and Selfish Behavior," Post-Print hal-00856604, HAL.
- Goetz, Anne Marie & Gupta, Rina Sen, 1996. "Who takes the credit? Gender, power, and control over loan use in rural credit programs in Bangladesh," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 24(1), pages 45-63, January.
- Mukesh Sud & Craig VanSandt & Amanda Baugous, 2009. "Social Entrepreneurship: The Role of Institutions," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 85(1), pages 201-216, February.
- Deepa Narayan, 2002. "Empowerment and Poverty Reduction : A Sourcebook," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 15239.
- Mair, Johanna & Marti, Ignasi, 2009. "Entrepreneurship in and around institutional voids: A case study from Bangladesh," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 24(5), pages 419-435, September.
- Melanie Rein & Leda Stott, 2009. "Working Together: Critical Perspectives on Six Cross-Sector Partnerships in Southern Africa," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 90(1), pages 79-89, May.
- Zoltán J. Ács & Mary C. Boardman & Connie L. McNeely, 2015. "The social value of productive entrepreneurship," Chapters,in: Global Entrepreneurship, Institutions and Incentives, chapter 3, pages 42-53 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Marlene Le Ber & Oana Branzei, 2010. "Value Frame Fusion in Cross Sector Interactions," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 94(1), pages 163-195, July.
- Lisa J. Servon, 1997. "Microenterprise Programs in U.S. Inner Cities: Economic Development or Social Welfare?," Economic Development Quarterly, , vol. 11(2), pages 166-180, May.
- Linda Mayoux, 1995. "Alternative vision or Utopian fantasy?: Cooperation, empowerment and women's cooperative development in India," Journal of International Development, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 7(2), pages 211-228, March.
- Shabbir, Amama & Di Gregorio, Silvana, 1996. "An examination of the relationship between women's personal goals and structural factors influencing their decision to start a business: The case of Pakistan," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 11(6), pages 507-529, November.
- Chambers, Robert, 1994. "Participatory rural appraisal (PRA): Challenges, potentials and paradigm," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 22(10), pages 1437-1454, October.
- Jiggins, Janice, 1989. "How poor women earn income in sub-Saharan Africa and what works against them," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 17(7), pages 953-963, July.
- Femida Handy & Ram A. Cnaan & Ganesh Bhat & Lucas C.P.M. Meijs, 2011. "Jasmine growers of coastal Karnataka: Grassroots sustainable community-based enterprise in India," Entrepreneurship & Regional Development, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 23(5-6), pages 405-417, June.
- Kabeer, Naila, 2001. "Conflicts Over Credit: Re-Evaluating the Empowerment Potential of Loans to Women in Rural Bangladesh," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 29(1), pages 63-84, January.
- Sen, Amartya, 1993. "Does Business Ethics Make Economic Sense?," Business Ethics Quarterly, Cambridge University Press, vol. 3(01), pages 45-54, January.
- Paula Kantor, 2005. "Determinants Of Women'S Microenterprise Success In Ahmedabad, India: Empowerment And Economics," Feminist Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 11(3), pages 63-83.
- Johanna Mair & Julie Battilana & Julian Cardenas, 2012. "Organizing for Society: A Typology of Social Entrepreneuring Models," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 111(3), pages 353-373, December.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Camille Meyer & Marek Hudon, 2017. "Alternative organizations in finance: commoning in complementary currencies," Working Papers CEB 17-015, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
More about this item
KeywordsEntrepreneurship; Entrepreneuring; Social enterprise; Emancipation; Empowerment;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kap:jbuset:v:133:y:2016:i:4:d:10.1007_s10551-014-2449-4. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.