1986, Volume 22, Issue 1
- 39-43 Distribution-free estimation in a disequilibrium market model
by Sapra, Sunil K.
- 45-49 A multiproduct cost elasticity
by Brown, Lorenzo & Chachere, Gerald R.
- 51-54 Real versus monetary business cycle theory and the statistical characteristics of output fluctuations
by Stadler, G. W.
- 55-59 Bank size and international lending patterns
by Jain, Arvind K.
- 61-65 A characterization theorem for unique risk neutral probability measures
by Jarrow, Robert A.
- 67-71 Competitive devaluation and the Great Depression : A theoretical reassessment
by Eichengreen, Barry & Sachs, Jeffrey
- 73-76 Monetary disinflation in a simple two-country model
by Van Der Ploeg, F.
- 77-80 Market structure and cooperative advertising
by Forbes, Kevin F.
- 81-85 Why are profits correlated with concentration?
by La Manna, Manfredi M. A.
- 87-90 Revocable pricing can yield collusive outcomes
by Stahl, Dale II
- 91-95 Education, overlapping generations, and the existence of equilibrium
by Kemp, Murray C. & Van Long, Ngo
- 97-102 A class of generalized measures of mobility with applications
by Maasoumi, Esfandiar & Zandvakili, Sourushe
- 103-104 Working's model for food in the four phases of the international comparison project
by Seale, James Jr. & Theil, Henri
1986, Volume 21, Issue 4
- 307-310 Do consumers benefit from quantity discounts?
by de Mesa, David
- 311-314 Experience rating and premium risk
by Farrell, Joseph
- 315-319 Speculative commodity holdings
by Lien, Da-Hsiang Donald
- 321-323 On an implication of a theorem due to Gorman
by Heineke, J. M. & Shefrin, H. M.
- 325-328 Preliminary-test estimation in mis-specified regressions
by Giles, David E. A.
- 329-331 A test of the independence of subsets of instrumental variables and regressors
by McNulty, Mark S.
- 333-335 Minimum mean square error of a generalized Stein estimator
by Marsh, Lawrence C. & Radzicki, Michael J.
- 337-341 The inadmissibility of the 2SLS estimator in linear structural equations
by Van Hoa, Tran
- 343-347 Assessing the relative efficiency of Hausman's test under Bahadur efficiency considerations
by Wascher, William L.
- 349-352 Dynamic properties of error correction models with a stochastic target series
by Kempf, H. & Wolanowski, A.
- 353-356 Gross substitutes and immiserizing growth
by Wade Hands, D.
- 357-363 Is the interest differential exogenous in interest rate parity? : The Japanese experience, 1979-1983
by Komura, Chikara & Mutoh, Takahiko
- 365-370 Government expenditure, real exchange rate and the 'decline' of the manufacturing sector : Some empirical evidence
by Penati, Alessandro
- 371-373 On the convexity of the portfolio choice set
by Russell, Thomas
- 375-378 Strategic commitment with R&D : The case of Bertrand competition
by Lee, Tom K.
- 379-383 Unemployment insurance and labor supply and demand : A time series analysis for the United States
by Smyth, David J.
- 385-390 Forecasting the German population with Monte Carlo methods
by Pflaumer, Peter
- 391-394 Evidence on the weak and the strong versions of the screening hypothesis in the United States
by Tucker, Irvin III
1986, Volume 21, Issue 3
- 205-207 The costs of using Frisch demand functions that are additive in the marginal utility of expenditure
by Browning, Martin
- 209-213 Fair prices exist always in production networks
by Kok, M. & Roos, C.
- 215-220 Disequilibrium models with rational expectations : An application to the UK labour market
by Hall, S. G. & Henry, S. G. B. & Markandya, A. & Pemberton, M.
- 221-226 On the stability of non-Walrasian equilibria
by Yannelis, Demetrius C.
- 227-230 Reversal of asymmetries of allocation mechanisms under manipulation
by Thomson, William
- 231-234 Lexicographic arbitration
by Encarnacion, Jose Jr.
- 235-239 Optimal consumption, the interest rate and wage uncertainty
by Sibley, David S. & Levhari, David
- 241-244 A note on the variability of inflation and the cross-sectional dispersion of stock returns
by Chang, Eric C.
- 245-249 Some new estimators in spatial econometrics
by Ancot, J. -P. & Paelinck, J. H. P. & Prins, J.
- 251-255 Estimation of covariance components for random-walk regression parameters
by Lockwood, Larry J.
- 257-260 A distribution function of the F-ratio when the Stein-rule estimator is used in place of the OLS estimator
by Ohtani, Kazuhiro
- 261-264 Wald, likelihood ratio, and infinite induced test statistics for joint one-sided hypothesis
by Rogers, Alan J.
- 265-269 Moments of OLS estimators in an autoregressive moving average model with explanatory variables
by Ullah, Aman & Maasoumi, Esfandiar
- 271-276 International policy coordination in an uncertain world
by Ghosh, Atish R.
- 277-281 Are foreign exchange forecasts rational? : New evidence from survey data
by Dominguez, Kathryn M.
- 283-289 Imperfect information, specificity of schooling and rate of return-migration
by Lam, Kit-Chun
- 291-296 Selectivity bias and earnings differences by gender and race
by Berger, Mark C. & Glenn, Darrell E.
- 297-303 Union effects on wages and wage growth
by Polachek, Solomon W. & Wunnava, Phanindra V. & Hutchins, Michael T.
1986, Volume 21, Issue 2
- 101-105 On the generic existence of Radner equilibria when there are as many securities as states of nature
by Repullo, Rafael
- 107-111 Value allocation with economies of scale
by Spulber, Daniel F.
- 113-116 Rationing rules and Bertrand-Edgeworth equilibria in large markets
by Vives, Xavier
- 117-120 Asymmetric fluctuations in consumption
by Dynarski, Mark & Sheffrin, Steven
- 121-126 On Hotelling's competition with non-uniform customer distributions
by Neven, Damien J.
- 127-130 A new model for decisions under uncertainty
by Fishburn, Peter C.
- 131-134 The bargaining problem: axioms concerning changes in the conflict point
by Livne, Zvi
- 135-138 A note on job matching with budget constraints
by Mongell, Susan J. & Roth, Alvin E.
- 139-143 Production and hedging decisions in futures and forward markets
by Paroush, Jacob & Wolf, Avner
- 145-148 Firm's hedging behavior without the expected utility hypothesis
by Safra, Zvi & Zilcha, Itzhak
- 149-153 International evidence on output-inflation tradeoffs : A bootstrap analysis
by Williams, Michael A. & Baumann, Michael G.
- 155-158 Weighted trace minimisation estimation of demand systems
by Bewley, Ronald
- 159-161 A simplified method of calculating the score test for serial correlation in multivariate models
by Hall, Alastair
- 163-167 On the asymptotic bias and mean squared error of an improved estimator for coefficients in linear regression
by Hosmane, Balakrishna S.
- 169-172 A gradual switching regression model with autocorrelated errors
by Ohtani, Kazuhiro & Katayama, Sei-ichi
- 173-176 Asymptotic distribution of least squares estimator and a test statistic in linear regression models
by Srivastava, M. S. & Srivastava, V. K.
- 177-181 Comparative statics of degenerate critical points
by McCabe, Peter J.
- 183-187 Targeting rules for monetary policy
by Aizenman, Joshua & Frenkel, Jacob A.
- 189-193 The sensitivity of effective marginal tax rate calculations to alternative arbitrage assumptions
by Daly, Michael & Jung, Jack & Mercier, Pierre & Schweitzer, Thomas
- 195-198 On the theory of international trade between capitalist and labour-managed countries
by Ishii, Yasunori
- 199-201 Earnings differentials and occupational segregation by gender : A simultaneous equations approach
by Lewis, Donald E. & Shorten, Brett
1986, Volume 21, Issue 1
- 1-6 A new class of sufficient conditions for the first-order approach to the principal-agent problem
by Brown, Murray & Chiang, Shin Hwan & Ghosh, Satyajit & Wolfstetter, Elmar
- 7-11 An experimental test for risk aversion
by Harrison, Glenn W.
- 13-15 Enterprise purchases and the expectation of rationing
by Quandt, Richard E.
- 17-20 Small sample properties in a heterogenous Weibull model
by Brannas, Kurt
- 21-25 On using Durbin's h-test to validate the partial-adjustment model
by Doran, H. E.
- 27-30 Mixed regression estimator under misspecification
by Kadiyala, Krishna
- 31-33 Alternative specification tests for Tobit and related models
by Kooreman, Peter
- 35-40 Obtaining any Wald statistic you want
by Lafontaine, Francine & White, Kenneth J.
- 41-44 Bootstrapping regression estimators under first-order serial correlation
by Veall, Michael R.
- 45-48 Biased predictors, rationality and the evaluation of forecasts
by Zellner, Arnold
- 49-52 Asset price bubbles from poorly aggregated information : A parametric example
by Friedman, Daniel & Aoki, Masanao
- 53-56 Sterilization and stability
by O'Connell, Joan
- 57-60 Tests of expected real profits in the forward foreign exchange market
by Liu, Christina Y.
- 61-65 Alternative specifications of the errors in the Black-Scholes option-pricing model and various implied-variance formulas
by Rahman, Abdul & Kryzanowski, Lawrence
- 67-71 Minimal and maximal product differentiation in Hotelling's duopoly
by Economides, Nicholas
- 73-75 A note on inertia in market share
by Farrell, Joseph
- 77-79 Market share inertia with more than two firms : An existence problem
by Scotchmer, Suzanne
- 81-84 A note on the taxation of exhaustible resources under oligopoly
by Dore, M. H. I. & Harcourt, G. C.
- 85-88 A theory of scar unemployment
by Vishwanath, Tara
- 89-94 Labor mobility under asymmetric information with moving and signalling costs
by Katz, Eliakim & Stark, Oded
- 95-99 Addiction and satiation
by Iannaccone, Laurence R.
1986, Volume 20, Issue 4
- 303-306 Insurance and Giffen's paradox
by Borch, Karl
- 307-310 Pareto optimal chains of reinsurance
by D'Ursel, Laurent & Lauwers, Marc
- 311-314 Stochastic rationing by waiting list
by Goody Katz, Barbara & Owen, Joel
- 315-319 Symmetric bidding in second-price, common-value auctions
by Levin, Dan & Harstad, Ronald M.
- 321-324 Asymptotic inference in regression models with autoregressive errors having roots on the unit circle
by Ahtola, Juha
- 325-329 Maximum likelihood estimation of sum-constrained linear models with insufficient observations
by de Boer, P. M. C. & Harkema, R.
- 331-335 The bias of the least squares estimator over interval constraints
by Escobar, Luis A. & Skarpness, Bradley
- 337-339 The bias of [sigma] in dynamic models
by Mauleon, Ignacio
- 341-344 On studentizing a test for structural change
by Ploberger, Werner & Kramer, Walter
- 345-349 A necessary and sufficient condition for the dominance of an improved family of estimators in linear regression models
by Srivastava, V. K. & Chaturvedi, A.
- 351-353 A simple and efficient estimation method for a non-linear demand system
by Theil, Henri & Raj, Baldev & Diamond, Eric M.
- 355-358 Improved estimators in some linear errors-in-variables models in finite samples
by Van Hoa, Tran
- 359-362 The causes of bank failures: deflationary spells
by Weber, Ernst Juerg
- 363-365 Time-aggregated information and stock price volatility
by Fukuda, Shin-ichi
- 367-371 Foreign ownership, non-traded goods and the effects of terms of trade changes on national welfare
by Rivera-Batiz, Francisco L.
- 373-376 Exchange rate models and innovations : A derivation
by Wolff, Christian C. P.
- 383-386 Testing the relationship between work and health : A bivariate hazard model
by Butler, J. S. & Anderson, Kathryn H. & Burkhauser, Richard V.
- 387-390 Inflation, relative prices and welfare redistribution in Spain, 1976-1984
by Abadia, Antonio
- 391-396 Advertising bans, tobacco and cigarette consumption
by McLeod, Paul B.
1986, Volume 20, Issue 3
- 203-205 On the uniqueness of Nash equilibria
by Chenault, Larry A.
- 207-212 Rent seeking and entry
by Appelbaum, Elie & Katz, Eliakim
- 213-216 Collusive behaviour in finite repeated games with bonding
by Eswaran, Mukesh & Lewis, Tracy
- 217-220 Relative price changes and the real distribution of income : The case of Brazil
by Yamane, Linus
- 221-225 Matrix scaling of subjective probabilities of economic forecasts
by Jensen, Robert E. & Spencer, Roger W.
- 227-232 Ideal Divisia moments, price dispersion and inflation
by Gerhaeusser, Klaus
- 233-239 Monte Carlo studies on the effectiveness of the bootstrap bias reduction method on 2SLS estimates
by Hsu, Yu-Sheng & Lau, Kin-Nam & Fung, Hung-Gay & Ulveling, Edwin F.
- 241-245 Utility correlations in probabilistic choice modelling
by Madan, Dilip B.
- 247-250 Multiple minima and the Cochrane-Orcutt technique : Some initial Monte Carlo results
by Oxley, Leslie T. & Roberts, Colin J.
- 251-254 A conditional least squares estimation procedure for a disequilibrium market model with autocorrelated errors
by Sapra, Sunil K.
- 255-257 The statistical precision of a numerical methods estimator as applied to welfare loss
by Porter-Hudak, Susan & Hayes, Kathy
- 259-262 Comparing evidence on Wagner's hypothesis from conventional and 'real' data
by Ram, Rati
- 263-266 Optimally uniform commodity taxes, taste differences and lump-sum grants
by Deaton, Angus & Stern, Nicholas
- 267-270 On the desirability of input taxes
by Newbery, David M.
- 271-275 On the presence and absence of free entry in oligopoly equilibria
by Ushio, Yoshiaki
- 277-281 The sensitivity of partially regulated second-best prices to intercommodity cross elasticities of demand
by Janis, Russell A.
- 283-289 Has deregulation decreased the risk of NYSE seat ownership?
by Golbe, Devra L.
- 291-296 Averting behavior: Does it exist?
by Kerry Smith, V. & Desvousges, William H.
- 297-300 The heterogeneity of the consumer's preferences over time : A system-wide analysis of discrete panel data
by Van Hoa, Tran
- 301-302 The behaviour of the cost of living at different levels of real income : A correction
by Balk, Bert M.
1986, Volume 20, Issue 2
- 101-105 Usage-dependent peak-load pricing
by De Palma, Andre & Arnott, Richard
- 107-110 Some normative aspects of Akerlof's problem : An example
by Belloc, Bernard
- 111-115 An axiomatization of the core of a cooperative game
by Keiding, Hans
- 117-119 Repeated stochastic tree problems
by Ye, Meng-Hua
- 121-124 On some estimates of an asian savings function
by Ravallion, Martin & Sen, Abhijit
- 125-127 Inflation and rates of return on long-term bonds
by Chang, Eric & Pinegar, J. Michael
- 129-131 Divisia moments of Greek consumption
by Papadakis, John
- 133-137 On the use of better measured proxies in regression analysis
by Klepper, Steven
- 139-145 Do we reject too often? : Small sample properties of tests of rational expectations models
by Gregory Mankiw, N. & Shapiro, Matthew D.
- 147-150 Stein-rule least squares estimation : A heuristic for fallible data
by Stanley, T. D.
- 151-155 A note on the asymptotic lower bound for the covariance matrix of the GMM estimator of the parameters of agents' utility functions
by Tauchen, George
- 157-160 Monte Carlo tests of autocorrelation
by Theil, Henri & Shonkwiler, J. S.
- 161-163 The jackknife and heteroskedasticity : Consistent variance estimation for regression models
by Weber, N. C.
- 165-169 An aspect of the wald test for linear restrictions in the seemingly unrelated regressions model
by Woodland, A. D.
- 171-175 A minimax approach to the implicit programming problem
by Becker, Robert A. & Foias, Ciprian
- 177-181 Finite state markov-chain approximations to univariate and vector autoregressions
by Tauchen, George
- 183-186 Tax rate effects on interest rates
by Peek, Joe & A. Wilcox, James
- 187-190 Sticky prices and purchasing power parity deviations : Empirical implications
by Daniel, Betty C.
- 191-195 Interpreting the wage gap estimate from selectivity correction techniques using micro data
by Kumar, Pradeep & Stengos, Thanasis
- 197-200 An elegant price flexibility modification to the widely used linear expenditure system
by Larson, John C.
1986, Volume 20, Issue 1
- 1-5 A comparison of bribery and bidding in thin markets
by Beck, Paul J. & Maher, Michael W.
- 7-7 A counterexample to the folk theorem with discounting
by Forges, F. & Mertens, J. F. & Neyman, A.
- 9-13 A non-cooperative bargaining game with risk averse players and an uncertain finite horizon
by Harrington, Joseph Jr.
- 15-18 Vickrey auctions in the theory of expected utility with rank-dependent probabilities
by Karni, Edi & Safra, Zvi
- 19-21 Relative risk aversion around the world
by Szpiro, George G.
- 23-27 The relationship between interest rates and inflation during the prewar period : Some empirical evidence
by Viren, Matti
- 29-32 Testing for parameter stability in a regression model with ar(1) errors
by Cadsby, Charles Bram & Stengos, Thanasis
- 33-37 The use of prior regressions in the estimation of error correction models
by Hall, S. G. & Brooks, S. J.
- 39-43 Some useful equivalence properties of Hausman's test
by Holly, Alberto & Monfort, Alain
- 45-47 Moments of ordered bivariate log-normal distributions
by Lien, Da-Hsiang Donald
- 49-51 Predicted and actual frequencies in binomial response models
by Lien, Da-Hsiang Donald
- 53-54 Some evidence on the power of Monte Carlo tests in systems of equations
by Shonkwiler, J. S. & Theil, Henri
- 55-57 Monte Carlo and bootstrap testing of demand homogeneity
by Taylor, Timothy G. & Shonkwiler, J. S. & Theil, Henri
- 59-61 The continuous selection theorem in n : A proof by induction
by Leininger, Wolfgang
- 63-66 The velocity of money and the random walk hypothesis
by MacDonald, R. & Peel, D. A.
- 67-70 How effective is potential competition?
by Farrell, Joseph
- 71-74 Standardization and variety
by Farrell, Joseph & Saloner, Garth
- 75-78 Dynamic collusion in an open economy
by Haubrich, Joseph G. & Lambson, Val Eugene
- 79-82 Industrial sector fuel price elasticities following the first and second major oil price shocks
by Hall, V. B.
- 83-87 Efficiency and sharing of investment in specific human capital under risk aversion
by Lam, Kit-Chun & Liu, Pak-Wai
- 89-94 An axiomatic basis for the three objective social welfare function within a poverty context
by Brent, Robert J.
- 95-99 Measuring equivalence scales : A new system-wide method
by Van Hoa, Tran
1985, Volume 19, Issue 4
- 303-306 Owner-consumers and efficiency
by Farrell, Joseph
- 307-309 On Weitzman's 'recession resistant' employee compensation arrangements
by Moene, Karl O. & Ognedal, Tone
- 311-314 A note on capital markets and bankruptcy constraints in contracting
by Lockwood, B. & Manning, A.
- 315-317 A small-sample correction for the likelihood ratio test
by Italianer, Alexander
- 319-321 Incorporating contemporaneous residual relationships : A new approach
by Jalilvand, Abolhassan & Kryzanowski, Lawrence
- 323-325 A Hausman test with trending data
by Kramer, Walter
- 327-330 A size-corrected Wald test for Slutsky symmetry in systems of demand equations
by Taylor, Timothy G. & Shonkwiler, J. S.
- 331-332 A Monte Carlo test of Slutsky symmetry
by Theil, Henri & Shonkwiler, J. S. & Taylor, Timothy G.
- 333-337 An alternative to the box-cox transformation in model discrimination
by Yoon, Bong Joon
- 339-342 Using bootstrap to obtain standard errors of system tobit coefficients
by Flood, Lennart
- 343-347 An even simpler differential demand system
by Selvanathan, E. Antony
- 349-353 Saving out of different income categories in Greece
by Vavouras, Ioannis S.
- 355-358 On calculating the optimal commodity tax rate : An alternative to social welfare maximisation
by Ray, Ranjan
- 359-361 Import-export elasticities and exchange rate dynamics
by Chen, Chau-nan & Lai, Ching-chong
- 363-367 Currency substitution and economic monetary aggregates : The U.S. Case
by Marquez, Jaime
- 369-372 Trade reform, aggregate investment and capital flight : On credibility and the value of information
by Van Wijnbergen, Sweder
- 373-376 Multiple partial adjustment of portfolios under rational expectations
by Neusser, Klaus
- 377-380 Index bonds : An empirical examination using the CAPM
by Yagil, Joseph
- 381-385 Wage aggregation in labor market models
by Vroman, Susan
- 387-390 Monopoly unions versus efficient bargaining with free entry
by Strand, Jon
- 391-394 Human capital and voluntary unemployment
by Ellis, Christopher J.
- 395-397 Imperfect capital markets in empirical life-cycle models
by Browning, Martin & Leslie Robb, A.
1985, Volume 19, Issue 3
- 205-210 Equilibrium and quasi-equilibrium existence theorems for a general model without ordered preferences
by Barbolla, Rosa
- 211-215 Calibration in applied general equilibrium modelling : The case of rationed households
by Cornielje, O. J. C.
- 217-219 Social decisions and public investment
by Borch, Karl
- 221-225 Investment in information acquisition
by Danthine, Jean-Pierre & Magill, Michael J. P.
- 227-229 Bounded complexity justifies cooperation in the finitely repeated prisoners' dilemma
by Neyman, Abraham
- 231-235 A note on enough money in a strategic market game with complete or fewer markets
by Shubik, Martin