Layoffs and lemons over the business cycle
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Gibbons, Robert & Katz, Lawrence F, 1991.
"Layoffs and Lemons,"
Journal of Labor Economics,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 9(4), pages 351-380, October.
- Robert Gibbons & Lawrence Katz, 1989. "Layoffs and Lemons," NBER Working Papers 2968, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Gibbons, R. & Katz, L.F., 1989. "Layoffs And Lemons," Working papers 531, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Department of Economics.
- Robert Gibbons & Lawrence F. Katz, 1989. "Layoffs and Lemons," Working Papers 629, Princeton University, Department of Economics, Industrial Relations Section..
- Gibbons, Robert & Katz, Lawrence F., 1991. "Layoffs and Lemons," Scholarly Articles 3442782, Harvard University Department of Economics.
- Derek Laing, 1994. "Involuntary Layoffs in a Model with Asymmetric Information Concerning Worker Ability," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 61(2), pages 375-392.
- Harry Krashinsky, 2002. "Evidence on Adverse Selection and Establishment Size in the Labor Market," ILR Review, Cornell University, ILR School, vol. 56(1), pages 84-96, October.
- repec:eme:rleczz:s0147-9121(2013)0000038007 is not listed on IDEAS
- Shapiro, Carl & Stiglitz, Joseph E, 1984. "Equilibrium Unemployment as a Worker Discipline Device," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 74(3), pages 433-444, June.
- Gray, Jo Anna, 1976. "Wage indexation: A macroeconomic approach," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 2(2), pages 221-235, April.
- Núria Rodríguez-Planas, 2014.
"Playing Hard to Get: Theory and Evidence on Layoffs, Recalls, and Unemployment,"
Research in Labor Economics,in: New Analyses of Worker Well-Being, volume 38, pages 211-258
Emerald Publishing Ltd.
- Rodriguez-Planas, N., 1998. "Playing Hard to Get: Theory and Evidence on Layoffs, Recalls and Unemployment," Papers 86, Boston University - Industry Studies Programme.
- Nuria Rodriguez-Planas, 1998. "Playing Hard to Get: Theory and Evidence on Layoffs, Recalls and Unemployment," Papers 0086, Boston University - Industry Studies Programme.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Oliver Ruf, 2008. "Effects of Firm Size and Business Cycle on Earning Losses of Displaced Workers," IEW - Working Papers 366, Institute for Empirical Research in Economics - University of Zurich.
- Gabriel P. Mathy, 2015. "Hysteresis and Persistent Long-Term Unemployment: Lessons from the Great Depression and World War II," Working Papers 2015-02, American University, Department of Economics.
- Christopher L. House & Jing Zhang, 2012. "Layoffs, Lemons and Temps," NBER Working Papers 17962, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Richard Freeman, 2011. "New Roles for Unions and Collective Bargaining Post the Implosion of Wall Street Capitalism," Chapters,in: The Role of Collective Bargaining in the Global Economy, chapter 10 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- repec:spr:cliomt:v:12:y:2018:i:1:d:10.1007_s11698-016-0158-1 is not listed on IDEAS
- Stephen M. Kosovich, 2009. "How do firms interpret a job loss? Evidence from the National Longitudinal Survey of Youth," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 29(2), pages 1070-1086.
- Carlo Gianelle & Giuseppe Tattara, 2014. "Vacancy chains and the business cycle. Stringing together job-to-job transitions in micro data," International Journal of Manpower, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 35(8), pages 1212-1235, October.
- Michèle A. Weynandt, 2014. "Selective Firing and Lemons," NRN working papers 2014-05, The Austrian Center for Labor Economics and the Analysis of the Welfare State, Johannes Kepler University Linz, Austria.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:ecolet:v:99:y:2008:i:1:p:55-58. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/ecolet .