Asymptotic bias of GMM and GEL under possible nonstationary spatial dependence
Newey and Smith [Newey, W.K., Smith, R.J., 2004. Higher order properties of GMM and empirical likelihood estimators. Econometrica 72, 219-255] analyzed the second order biases of GMM and GEL estimators under independence. Anatolyev [Anatolyev, S., 2005. GMM, GEL, serial correlation, and asymptotic bias. Econometrica 73 (3), 983-1002] extended the result to the case of stationarity with serial correlation and strong mixing. We generalize the two previous papers by assuming a weaker dependence assumption and possible nonstationarity.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Lung-Fei Lee, 2004. "Asymptotic Distributions of Quasi-Maximum Likelihood Estimators for Spatial Autoregressive Models," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 72(6), pages 1899-1925, November.
- Hansen, Lars Peter & Heaton, John & Yaron, Amir, 1996. "Finite-Sample Properties of Some Alternative GMM Estimators," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 14(3), pages 262-80, July.
- Hansen, Lars Peter, 1982. "Large Sample Properties of Generalized Method of Moments Estimators," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 50(4), pages 1029-54, July.
- Whitney K. Newey & Richard J. Smith, 2004.
"Higher Order Properties of Gmm and Generalized Empirical Likelihood Estimators,"
Econometric Society, vol. 72(1), pages 219-255, 01.
- Whitney Newey & Richard Smith, 2003. "Higher order properties of GMM and generalised empirical likelihood estimators," CeMMAP working papers CWP04/03, Centre for Microdata Methods and Practice, Institute for Fiscal Studies.
- Yuichi Kitamura & Michael Stutzer, 1997. "An Information-Theoretic Alternative to Generalized Method of Moments Estimation," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 65(4), pages 861-874, July.
- Conley, T. G., 1999. "GMM estimation with cross sectional dependence," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 92(1), pages 1-45, September.
- Stanislav Anatolyev, 2005. "GMM, GEL, Serial Correlation, and Asymptotic Bias," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 73(3), pages 983-1002, 05.
- Ekstrom, Magnus & Luna, Sara Sjostedt-De, 2004. "Subsampling Methods to Estimate the Variance of Sample Means Based on Nonstationary Spatial Data With Varying Expected Values," Journal of the American Statistical Association, American Statistical Association, vol. 99, pages 82-95, January.
- Joris Pinkse & Margaret Slade & Lihong Shen, 2006. "Dynamic Spatial Discrete Choice Using One-step GMM: An Application to Mine Operating Decisions," Spatial Economic Analysis, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 1(1), pages 53-99.
- Pinkse, Joris & Shen, Lihong & Slade, Margaret, 2007. "A central limit theorem for endogenous locations and complex spatial interactions," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 140(1), pages 215-225, September.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:ecolet:v:99:y:2008:i:2:p:393-397. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.