Modeling spatial discrete choice
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Jordan Louviere & Kenneth Train & Moshe Ben-Akiva & Chandra Bhat & David Brownstone & Trudy Cameron & Richard Carson & J. Deshazo & Denzil Fiebig & William Greene & David Hensher & Donald Waldman, 2005. "Recent Progress on Endogeneity in Choice Modeling," Marketing Letters, Springer, vol. 16(3), pages 255-265, December.
- Bryan S. Graham, 2008. "Identifying Social Interactions Through Conditional Variance Restrictions," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 76(3), pages 643-660, May.
- Pinkse, Joris & Slade, Margaret E., 1998. "Contracting in space: An application of spatial statistics to discrete-choice models," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 85(1), pages 125-154, July.
- Train,Kenneth E., 2009. "Discrete Choice Methods with Simulation," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521766555, May.
- Anselin, Luc, 2002. "Under the hood Issues in the specification and interpretation of spatial regression models," Agricultural Economics of Agricultural Economists, International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 27(3), November.
- Antonio Páez & Darren M Scott, 2007. "Social influence on travel behavior: a simulation example of the decision to telecommute," Environment and Planning A, Pion Ltd, London, vol. 39(3), pages 647-665, March.
- Bekhor, Shlomo & Prashker, Joseph N., 2008. "GEV-based destination choice models that account for unobserved similarities among alternatives," Transportation Research Part B: Methodological, Elsevier, vol. 42(3), pages 243-262, March.
- Antonio Páez & Darren M Scott & Erik Volz, 2008. "A discrete-choice approach to modeling social influence on individual decision making," Environment and Planning B: Planning and Design, Pion Ltd, London, vol. 35(6), pages 1055-1069, November.
- William A. Brock & Steven N. Durlauf, 2001. "Discrete Choice with Social Interactions," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 68(2), pages 235-260.
- Dipankar Chakravarti & Atanu Sinha & Jaewhan Kim, 2005. "Choice Research: A Wealth of Perspectives," Marketing Letters, Springer, vol. 16(3), pages 173-182, December.
- Joris Pinkse & Margaret Slade & Lihong Shen, 2006. "Dynamic Spatial Discrete Choice Using One-step GMM: An Application to Mine Operating Decisions," Spatial Economic Analysis, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 1(1), pages 53-99.
- Charles F. Manski, 2004. "Measuring Expectations," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 72(5), pages 1329-1376, September.
- repec:eee:ecomod:v:207:y:2007:i:2:p:234-242 is not listed on IDEAS
- Lung-Fei Lee, 2004. "Asymptotic Distributions of Quasi-Maximum Likelihood Estimators for Spatial Autoregressive Models," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 72(6), pages 1899-1925, November.
- Brock, William A. & Durlauf, Steven N., 2007.
"Identification of binary choice models with social interactions,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 140(1), pages 52-75, September.
- Brock,W.A. & Durlauf,S.N., 2004. "Identification of binary choice models with social interactions," Working papers 2, Wisconsin Madison - Social Systems.
- Conley, Timothy G. & Topa, Giorgio, 2007. "Estimating dynamic local interactions models," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 140(1), pages 282-303, September.
- Joan Walker & Jieping Li, 2007. "Latent lifestyle preferences and household location decisions," Journal of Geographical Systems, Springer, vol. 9(1), pages 77-101, April.
- Antonio PÃ¡ez & Darren M Scott, 2007. "Social Influence on Travel Behavior: A Simulation Example of the Decision to Telecommute," Environment and Planning A, , vol. 39(3), pages 647-665, March.
- Ward, Michael D. & Gleditsch, Kristian Skrede, 2002. "Location, Location, Location: An MCMC Approach to Modeling the Spatial Context of War and Peace," Political Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 10(03), pages 244-260, June.
- Antonio PÃ¡ez & Darren M Scott & Erik Volz, 2008. "A Discrete-Choice Approach to Modeling Social Influence on Individual Decision Making," Environment and Planning B, , vol. 35(6), pages 1055-1069, December.
- Klier, Thomas & McMillen, Daniel P, 2008. "Clustering of Auto Supplier Plants in the United States," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 26, pages 460-471.
- Victor Aguirregabiria & Pedro Mira, 2007. "Sequential Estimation of Dynamic Discrete Games," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 75(1), pages 1-53, January.
- Murdoch, James C. & Sandler, Todd & Vijverberg, Wim P. M., 2003. "The participation decision versus the level of participation in an environmental treaty: a spatial probit analysis," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 87(2), pages 337-362, February.
- Elenna R Dugundji & LÃ¡szlÃ³ GulyÃ¡s, 2008. "Sociodynamic Discrete Choice on Networks in Space: Impacts of Agent Heterogeneity on Emergent Outcomes," Environment and Planning B, , vol. 35(6), pages 1028-1054, December.
- Anselin, Luc, 2002. "Under the hood : Issues in the specification and interpretation of spatial regression models," Agricultural Economics, Blackwell, vol. 27(3), pages 247-267, November.
- Håvard Rue, 2001. "Fast sampling of Gaussian Markov random fields," Journal of the Royal Statistical Society Series B, Royal Statistical Society, vol. 63(2), pages 325-338.
- Iglesias, Emma M. & Phillips, Garry D.A., 2008. "Asymptotic bias of GMM and GEL under possible nonstationary spatial dependence," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 99(2), pages 393-397, May.
- Case, Anne, 1992. "Neighborhood influence and technological change," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 22(3), pages 491-508, September.
- Koppelman, Frank S. & Sethi, Vaneet, 2005. "Incorporating variance and covariance heterogeneity in the Generalized Nested Logit model: an application to modeling long distance travel choice behavior," Transportation Research Part B: Methodological, Elsevier, vol. 39(9), pages 825-853, November.
- Bhat, Chandra R. & Guo, Jessica, 2004. "A mixed spatially correlated logit model: formulation and application to residential choice modeling," Transportation Research Part B: Methodological, Elsevier, vol. 38(2), pages 147-168, February.
- Jordan Louviere, 2006. "What You Don’t Know Might Hurt You: Some Unresolved Issues in the Design and Analysis of Discrete Choice Experiments," Environmental & Resource Economics, Springer;European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 34(1), pages 173-188, May.
- Smirnov, Oleg A. & Anselin, Luc E., 2009. "An O(N) parallel method of computing the Log-Jacobian of the variable transformation for models with spatial interaction on a lattice," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 53(8), pages 2980-2988, June.
- Elenna R Dugundji & László Gulyás, 2008. "Sociodynamic discrete choice on networks in space: impacts of agent heterogeneity on emergent outcomes," Environment and Planning B: Planning and Design, Pion Ltd, London, vol. 35(6), pages 1028-1054, November.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Smirnov, Oleg A. & Egan, Kevin J., 2012. "Spatial random utility model with an application to recreation demand," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 29(1), pages 72-78.
- Heijnen, P. & Samarina, A.. & Jacobs, J.P.A.M. & Elhorst, J.P., 2013. "State transfers at different moments in time," Research Report 13006-EEF, University of Groningen, Research Institute SOM (Systems, Organisations and Management).
- Jean-Sauveur Ay & Raja Chakir & Julie Le Gallo, 2014. "The effects of scale, space and time on the predictive accuracy of land use models," Working Papers 2014/02, INRA, Economie Publique.
- Qu, Xi & Lee, Lung-fei, 2012. "LM tests for spatial correlation in spatial models with limited dependent variables," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 42(3), pages 430-445.
- Buczkowska, Sabina & de Lapparent, Matthieu, 2014.
"Location choices of newly created establishments: Spatial patterns at the aggregate level,"
Regional Science and Urban Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 48(C), pages 68-81.
- Sabina Buczkowska & Matthieu de Lapparent, 2014. "Location choices of newly created establishments: spatial patterns at the aggregate level," ERSA conference papers ersa14p940, European Regional Science Association.
- repec:dgr:rugsom:13006-eef is not listed on IDEAS
- Anna Gloria Billé, 2013. "Computational Issues in the Estimation of the Spatial Probit Model: A Comparison of Various Estimators," The Review of Regional Studies, Southern Regional Science Association, vol. 43(2,3), pages 131-154, Winter.
- Baltagi, Badi H. & Egger, Peter H. & Kesina, Michaela, 2017.
"Determinants of firm-level domestic sales and exports with spillovers: Evidence from China,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 199(2), pages 184-201.
- Badi H. Baltagi & Peter H. Egger & Michaela Kesina, 2017. "Determinants of Firm-Level Domestic Sales and Exports with Spillovers: Evidence from China," Center for Policy Research Working Papers 209, Center for Policy Research, Maxwell School, Syracuse University.
- Luo, Shali & Miller, J. Isaac, 2014.
"On the spatial correlation of international conflict initiation and other binary and dyadic dependent variables,"
Regional Science and Urban Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 44(C), pages 107-118.
- Shali Luo & J. Isaac Miller, 2013. "On the Spatial Correlation of International Conflict Initiation and Other Binary and Dyadic Dependent Variables," Working Papers 1306, Department of Economics, University of Missouri.
- Mozharovskyi, Pavlo & Vogler, Jan, 2016. "Composite marginal likelihood estimation of spatial autoregressive probit models feasible in very large samples," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 148(C), pages 87-90.
- Badi H. Baltagi & YingDeng & Xiangjun Ma, 2017.
"Network Effects on LaborContracts of Internal Migrants in China- A Spatial Autoregressive Model,"
Center for Policy Research Working Papers
207, Center for Policy Research, Maxwell School, Syracuse University.
- Baltagi, Badi H. & Deng, Ying & Ma, Xiangjun, 2017. "Network Effects on Labor Contracts of Internal Migrants in China: A Spatial Autoregressive Model," IZA Discussion Papers 10926, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Bhat, Chandra R. & Pinjari, Abdul R. & Dubey, Subodh K. & Hamdi, Amin S., 2016. "On accommodating spatial interactions in a Generalized Heterogeneous Data Model (GHDM) of mixed types of dependent variables," Transportation Research Part B: Methodological, Elsevier, vol. 94(C), pages 240-263.
More about this item
KeywordsSpatial interdependence Discrete choice Maximum likelihood Spatial random utility;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:regeco:v:40:y:2010:i:5:p:292-298. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/regec .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.