October 1989, Volume 30, Issue 4
- 357-362 Purchasing power parity during the 1920s
by Ardeni, Pier Giorgio & Lubian, Diego
- 363-366 Trade balance and exchange rate with the PPP theory
by Wang, Susheng
- 367-371 Determinants of earned rates of return on equity of U.S. electric utilities, 1976-1984
by Makhija, Anil K. & Spiro, Michael H.
- 373-378 Rates of return in the Indian private sector
by Rao, M. J. Manohar & Datta, Ramesh C.
- 379-384 The screening hypothesis and the marginal productivity theory
by Rao, M. J. Manohar & Datta, Ramesh C.
- 385-388 Redistributive impact of 'optimal' commodity taxes : Evidence from Indian data
by Srinivasan, P. V.
September 1989, Volume 30, Issue 3
- 185-190 Accommodation, price flexibility and fluctuations
by Ambler, Steve & Phaneuf, Louis
- 191-194 Fixed rules and decision rules : Time consistency and subgame perfection
by Fershtman, Chaim
- 195-200 The advantageous nature of risk aversion in a three-player bargaining game where acceptance of a proposal requires a simple majority
by Harrington, Joseph Jr.
- 201-205 Preliminary-test estimation of the scale parameter in a mis-specified regression model
by Giles, David E. A. & Clarke, Judith A.
- 207-209 A note on bias from proxy variables with systematic errors
by Herbert, John H. & Dinh, Khoan T.
- 211-216 Expected MSE of errors-in-variables and omitted variables models
by Thursby, Jerry G.
- 217-221 Some fine-tuning for dominant diagonal matrices
by Simon, Carl P.
- 223-226 Government capital and private output in the United States : Additional evidence
by Ram, Rati & Ramsey, David D.
- 227-230 Money-velocity causality detection : Evidence from some developing countries
by Shams, M.
- 231-236 Unit root behavior in velocity : Cross-country tests using recursive estimation
by Siklos, Pierre L.
- 237-243 On the measurement of employment segregation
by Silber, Jacques G.
- 245-248 Testing for long run purchasing power parity : A time series analysis for the greek drachma
by Karfakis, Costas & Moschos, Demetrios
- 249-252 A note on partial vertical integration
by Hendrikse, George & Peters, Hans
- 253-257 Can the concentration-collusion hypothesis be refuted empirically?
by Werden, Gregory J. & Williams, Michael A.
- 259-262 Specific and general training in the theory of labor turnover
by Kato, Takao
- 263-268 Attitudes towards unions and union membership
by Christie, Virginia & Miller, Paul
August 1989, Volume 30, Issue 2
- 93-96 Quasi-rational expectations
by Henocq, Christophe & Kempf, Hubert
- 97-101 Correlated effectivity functions
by Abdou, J. & Mertens, J. -F.
- 103-107 A refinement and extension of the no-envy concept
by Diamantaras, Dimitrios & Thomson, William
- 109-115 Intra-experimental income effects and risk aversion
by McKee, Michael
- 117-118 Equivalent variation with uncertain prices
by Scotchmer, Suzanne
- 119-123 Technological change and embodiment hypothesis
by Yoon, Y. J.
- 125-128 Efficiency wages, wage indexation and macroeconomic stabilization
by Waller, Christopher J.
- 129-132 An approximation theorem for the polynomial inverse lag
by Gelles, Gregory M. & Mitchell, Douglas W.
- 133-136 A test for heteroscedasticity and non-normality of regression residuals : A practical approach
by Kalirajan, K. P.
- 137-139 On testing the properties of directly obtained expectations data
by Peel, D. A.
- 141-149 Mean square error matrix superiority of estimators under linear restrictions and misspecification
by Wijekoon, P. & Trenkler, G.
- 151-156 Two exact, non-arbitrary and general methods of decomposing temporal change
by Betts, Julian R.
- 157-159 Are announcement effects time dependent?
by Cocco, Flavio & Fischer, Andreas
- 161-164 Mergers, stock prices, and industrial production : Further evidence
by Guerard, John Jr.
- 165-169 A note on pricing of hub-and-spoke networks
by Spiller, Pablo T.
- 171-174 Immigration and real wages
by Neary, Peter J.
- 175-179 Efficiency wages and local versus central wage bargaining
by Hoel, Michael
- 181-183 Union responses to changes in non-labour input prices
by Pemberton, James
1989, Volume 30, Issue 1
- 1-5 The effect of demand uncertainty on a precommitted monopoly price
by Kimball, Miles S.
- 7-10 Classification of budget-invariant monotonic preferences
by Trockel, Walter
- 11-17 Anticipated monetary policy in Canada : Some new evidence
by Sephton, Peter S.
- 19-26 Risk characteristics of a stein-like estimator for the probit regression model
by Adkins, Lee C. & Hill, R. Carter
- 27-29 The box-cox transformation : Power invariance and a new interpretation
by Gaudry, Marc & Laferriere, Richard
- 31-36 Comparison of hazard functions with duration dependence and stayer-mover structure with an application to divorce
by Gonul, Fusun F.
- 37-40 On the robustness of the F-test to autocorrelation among disturbances
by Kramer, W.
- 41-47 A proof of the asymptotic validity of a test for perfect aggregation
by Pesaran, M. H. & Pierse, R. G.
- 49-53 An application of extended rational approximants to White's information matrix test
by Taylor, Larry W.
- 55-59 Computing returns to scale under alternative models
by Fare, Rolf & Njinkeu, Dominique
- 61-65 The firm size effect on stock returns in a developing stock market
by Wong, Kie Ann
- 67-70 Tariffs and the current account with short-run capital specificity
by O'Rourke, Kevin
- 71-76 The role of consensus and disagreement in portfolio adjustment : A trading volume approach
by Kim, Youngsoo
- 77-83 The effect of occupational segregation on the relative earnings of black males
by Gabriel, Paul E. & Schmitz, Susanne
- 85-88 A note on union-non-union benefit differentials and size of establishment
by Bramley, Donald G. & Wunnava, Phanindra V. & Robinson, Michael D.
- 89-92 The beckmann-zipf effect and plant location under uniform pricing
by Shieh, Yeung-Nan
1989, Volume 29, Issue 4
- 281-283 A simple model of product quality with elastic demand
by Rasmusen, Eric
- 285-289 A measure of the U.S. output gap
by Evans, George W.
- 291-294 Stable implementation of Lindahl allocations
by de Trenqualye, Pierre
- 295-298 An information inequality for agency problems
by Jewitt, Ian
- 299-302 Fixed cost of work and the demand for lotteries
by Siow, Aloysius
- 303-306 Tacit collusion in differentiated cournot games
by Wernerfelt, Birger
- 307-310 Relative uncertainty
by Davis, George K.
- 311-315 Some evidence on the performance of size correction factors in testing consumer demand models
by De Boer, P. M. C. & Harkema, R.
- 317-320 Model selection criteria and granger causality tests : An empirical note
by Urbain, J. P.
- 321-323 Competition in the U.S. banking industry
by Shaffer, Sherrill
- 325-331 The dividend ratio model and small sample bias : A Monte Carlo study
by Campbell, John Y. & Shiller, Robert J.
- 333-338 Bank failures as Poisson variates
by Davutyan, Nurhan
- 339-344 Are survey forecasts trusted? : American trade account deficit and yen/dollar rate
by Wakita, Shigeru
- 345-347 Theoretical foundations of constant-proportion portfolio insurance
by Kingston, Geoffrey
- 349-351 A causality-effect between bid premium and outcome of tender offer
by Zissu, Anne-Marie & Stone, Charles Austin
- 353-359 Manufacturing margins : Differences between small and large firms
by Thurik, A. R. & Van Der Hoeven, W. H. M.
- 361-364 The wiles test revisited
by Arabsheibani, Gholamreza
- 365-371 The structure of adjustment costs for labour in the Dutch manufacturing sector
by Pfann, Gerald A. & Verspagen, Bart
- 373-378 Migration and job search in a dualistic economy : A Todaro-Stigler synthesis
by Mohtadi, Hamid
- 379-381 A note on mechanization and wage bargaining
by Moene, Karl Ove
1989, Volume 29, Issue 3
- 199-203 Uncertain monopoly rent and the social cost of rent seeking
by Fabella, Raul V.
- 205-208 Competition between and within teams : The Lifeboat Principle
by Farrell, Joseph & Lander, Eric
- 209-213 The demand theory of the weak axioms of revealed preference
by Hildenbrand, Werner & Jerison, Michael
- 215-220 The max-min solution for variable threat games
by Lahiri, Somdeb
- 221-223 Testing for the length of a distributed lag with a differencing transformation
by Burt, Oscar R.
- 225-230 A note on the distribution of the least squares estimator of a random walk with drift
by Hylleberg, Svend & Mizon, Grayham E.
- 231-235 Ranking mobility matrices
by Conlisk, John
- 237-241 Contagion effect on sovereign interest rate spreads
by Doukas, John
- 243-248 Perfect option hedging and the hedge ratio
by Muller, Sigrid M.
- 249-251 Volatility-invariant hedging
by Shaffer, Sherrill
- 253-255 The information content of post tender offer movement in the price of target shares
by Zissu, Anne-Marie
- 257-264 Individual versus social discount rates in allocating depletable natural resources over time
by Pope, C. III & Perry, Greg
- 265-269 Insiders and outsiders and efficient asymmetric information contracts
by Black, J. M. & Bulkley, George
- 271-273 The statistical structure of real-income changes
by Theil, Henri & Narduzzi, Susan A.
- 275-277 On the estimation of localization economies
by McDonald, John F.
1989, Volume 29, Issue 2
- 103-107 Quick responses in duopoly ensure monopoly pricing
by Bhaskar, V.
- 109-113 On controlling the maintenance of durable goods when contractual enforcement is costly
by Heimert, A. Michael
- 115-120 Public debt, voluntary intergenerational transfers and overlapping generations
by Lopez-Garcia, Miguel-Angel
- 121-125 Manipulation of the Pareto semi-optimal rule
by Treglia, Michael
- 127-128 Equivalent variation with uncertain prices
by Scotchmer, Suzanne
- 129-133 A simulation model of saving, residential choice, and bequests of the Japanese elderly
by Dekle, Robert
- 135-139 Inflation and relative price variability in Yugoslavia
by Jurkovic, Lidija
- 141-145 Four tests for the random walk hypothesis : Power versus robustness
by Handa, Jagdish & Ma, Barry K.
- 147-152 Small sample properties of modified Prais-Winston estimators in hypothesis testing in a linear model with ar(1) errors
by Hashimoto, Noriko
- 153-156 On approximating the minimum risk estimator in linear regression models
by Srivastava, A. K. & Tracy, D. S.
- 157-161 A many good, many person, Corlett-Hague tax rule
by Gordon, James P. F.
- 163-166 An empirical study of optimal taxation on Australian financial institutions
by Van Hoa, Tran & Reece, B. F.
- 167-171 Central bank intervention with sample selection : Japan 1977-1979
by Davutyan, Nurhan
- 173-177 Endogenous monitoring intensity, the period of contractual precommitment, and the slope of the wage-earnings profile
by Arvan, Lanny
- 179-182 Market structures, price-cost margins, and unionism : An empirical note
by Ghosal, Vivek
- 183-187 A new approach to the economic inequality based upon the permanent income hypothesis
by Fukushige, Mototsugu
- 189-193 The distribution of lifetime earnings
by Nelissen, J. H. M.
- 195-197 Imprecise testing and endogenous limits to bonds
by Perri, Timothy
1989, Volume 29, Issue 1
- 1-6 Zero time preference with discounting
by Buckholtz, P. & Hartwick, J.
- 7-11 Is there a conflict between authors and publishers over royalty terms?
by Gemmell, Norman
- 13-19 Multivariate decisions with unknown price vector
by Muliere, Pietro & Scarsini, Marco
- 21-26 Simple games of market manipulation
by Vila, Jean-Luc
- 27-30 An arbitrariness-free method of detecting structural changes
by Akiba, Hiroya & Waragai, Tomoki
- 31-35 On the calculation of the information matrix test in the normal linear regression model
by Hall, Alastair
- 37-41 Repeated lending and business fluctuations : A note
by Kendall, Sarah B.
- 43-47 Debt neutrality, Professor Vickrey and Henry George's 'single tax'
by Buiter, Willem H.
- 49-55 Who profits from taxpayer confusion?
by Scotchmer, Suzanne
- 57-62 Is greater exchange rate flexibility stabilizing? : Some evidence from US data
by Kim, Yoonbai
- 63-68 Foreign exchange market efficiency and cointegration : Some evidence from the recent float
by MacDonald, Ronald & Taylor, Mark P.
- 69-75 Firms' fiscal years, size and industry
by Huberman, Gur & Kandel, Shmuel
- 77-81 Vertical integration in a spatial setting : Inplications of the successive monopoly distortion
by Reiffen, David & Levy, David T.
- 83-86 Predatory entrapment
by Shaffer, Sherrill
- 87-90 Individual overtime functions with double correction for selectivity bias
by Hubler, Olaf
- 91-94 On-the-job leisure-income tradeoffs : A test of rational behavior
by Singh, Harinder & Gerber, Jim
- 95-98 Establishment size, public administration and government wage differentials
by Belman, Dale & Heywood, John S.
- 99-102 Wage discrimination by race and gender in the public and private sectors
by Heywood, John S.
1988, Volume 28, Issue 4
- 295-299 Dualistic economic structure and money non-neutrality
by Salsecci, Gianluca
- 301-306 Derived strengths of preference relations on coordinates
by Wakker, Peter
- 307-310 A characterization of simple majority rule for restricted domains
by Campbell, Donald E.
- 311-314 Working stocks and speculative stocks
by Lowry, M. Newton
- 315-320 Farmer education and economic efficiency : Northern farms in 1860
by Grabowski, Richard & Pasurka, Carl
- 321-325 Further turnpike properties for general capital accumulation games
by Dockner, Englebert J. & Takahashi, Harutaka
- 327-329 The variability of inflation : A new approach and some new empirical evidence
by Bairam, Erkin
- 331-334 The effect of inflationary pressure on government expenditure
by Opler, Tim C.
- 335-341 A test for spatial autocorrelation in seemingly unrelated regressions
by Anselin, Luc
- 343-349 Using bivariate autoregressive representations in testing exact expectations relations
by Levy, E. & Nobay, A. R.
- 351-355 The necessary and sufficient conditions for the uniform dominance of the two-stage stein estimators
by Van Hoa, Tran & Chaturvedi, A.
- 357-360 A direction of bias result for the standard errors of a sequential least squares single equation rational expectations estimator
by Stewart, Kenneth G.
- 361-364 The oligopoly solution tested
by Alexander, Donald L.
- 365-368 Effects of social security on personal saving
by Lee, Maw Lin & Chao, Shu-Wen
- 369-374 Optimum tariff and its optimum revenue distribution
by Chang, Winston W. & Michael, Michael S.
- 375-379 Life-cycle saving and comparative advantage in the long run
by Matsuyama, Kiminori
- 381-385 A note on increasing returns to advertising
by Dominique, C. Rene
- 387-390 Different selling strategies in Bertrand oligopoly
by Doyle, Christopher
- 391-395 Implementation in dynamic job transfers
by Ma, Ching-to Albert
1988, Volume 28, Issue 3
- 205-208 Complete irreflexive preferences : A definition
by Gay, Antonio & Modica, Salvatore
- 209-213 The sensitivity of consumer search to wages
by Anglin, Paul M.
- 215-219 Betting bias in 'exotic' bets
by Asch, Peter & Quandt, Richard E.
- 221-223 The unique perfect equilibrium of an n-person bargaining game
by Chae, Suchan & Yang, Jeong-Ae
- 225-230 Some international evidence on inventory fluctuations
by Fukuda, Shin-ichi & Teruyama, Hiroshi
- 231-234 State-space estimates of international business cycles
by Gerlach, Stefan & Klock, John
- 235-238 Interest rates and budget deficits : Cross-country evidence from the period 1924-1938
by Viren, Matti
- 239-241 Inflationary expectations and policy preferences
by Webley, Paul & Eiser, J. Richard & Spears, Russell
- 243-246 An index of prices and taxes : Spain 1981-1987
by Abadia, Antonio
- 247-250 Information gathering and cost of living differences among searchers
by Anglin, Paul M. & Baye, Michael R.
- 251-254 Margin requirements and stock market volatility
by Ferris, Stephen P. & Chance, Don M.
- 255-258 Risk aversion and stock price volatility when dividends are difference stationary
by Salyer, Kevin D.
- 259-262 Long-run limits on the US Federal debt
by Kremers, Jeroen J. M.
- 263-268 Exchange rate variability and wage formation in open economies
by Andersen, Torben M. & Sorensen, Jan Rose
- 269-272 Simulating currency substitution bias
by Boon, Martin & Kool, Clemens & De Vries, Casper
- 273-276 Insurance provision under a solvency requirement
by Hoy, Michael
- 277-280 Devaluation and non-traded goods in a labor migration model
by Feldman, David H.
- 281-284 Self-employment and married women
by Macpherson, David A.
- 285-290 Self-selection bias in longitudinal estimation of wage gaps
by Solon, Gary
- 291-293 Growth and equity in Sri Lanka 1963-1982
by Divisekera, S. & Felmingham, B. S.
1988, Volume 28, Issue 2
- 105-108 Tied-in credit with a monopoly product market
by Besley, Timothy
- 109-115 On multiplicity of consistent conjectures in free entry oligopoly
by Tanaka, Yasuhito
- 117-121 Strategic renegotiation
by Huberman, Gur & Kahn, Charles M.
- 123-127 An application of cremer's planning procedure to the optimal commodity taxation problem
by Currier, Kevin M.
- 129-134 Bargaining and strategic search
by McKenna, C. J.
- 135-139 Productivity and growth : Verdoorn's law revisited
by Fase, M. M. G. & Van Den Heuvel, P. J.
- 141-146 Inflation and relative-price variability : Effect of temporal aggregation
by Ram, Rati
- 147-150 The estimation of allocation models with autocorrelated disturbances
by Giles, David E. A.
- 151-156 Optimal levels of significance of a pre-test in estimating the disturbance variance after the pre-test for a linear hypothesis on coefficients in a linear regression
by Ohtani, Kazuhiro
- 157-161 The incompatibility of valued money and equilibrium policy
by Loewy, Michael B.
- 163-168 A simple rule for managing the maturity structure of government debt
by Rogers, Carol Ann
- 169-175 The technical efficiency of US banks
by Rangan, Nanda & Grabowski, Richard & Aly, Hassan Y. & Pasurka, Carl
- 177-180 On interest rate innovations and anticipated monetary policy
by Sephton, Peter S.
- 181-187 Explaining pay-as-you-go financed public pension systems
by Verbon, H. A. A.
- 189-192 Public sector expansion in a mixed open economy with a real wage restriction
by Nandakumar, Parameswar
- 193-197 The divergence of SIC industries from antitrust markets : Some evidence from price fixing cases
by Werden, Gregory J.
- 199-203 Can event studies detect anticompetitive mergers?
by McAfee, R. Preston & Williams, Michael A.
1988, Volume 28, Issue 1
- 1-7 Memory and market stability : The case of the cobweb
by Holmes, James M. & Manning, Richard
- 9-14 Inside money and real output
by Lacker, Jeffrey M.
- 15-19 Ioffe's normal cone and the foundations of welfare economics: An example
by Khan, M. Ali
- 21-25 Heterogeneous distribution of information and convergence to rational expectations equilibrium in a partial equilibrium model
by Brusco, Sandro
- 27-31 Nash solution and timing of bargaining
by Chun, Youngsub
- 33-35 Payoffs in generalized sequential bargaining games
by Greenberg, Joseph
- 37-40 Multidimensional auctions
by Thiel, Stuart E.
- 41-45 An agency theoretic explanation of capital flight
by Jain, Arvind K.
- 47-51 Statistical model selection criteria
by Yi, Gang & Judge, George
- 53-56 Stability analysis by means of modern linear systems theory
by Nieuwenhuis, J. W.
- 57-61 Increasing the likelihood value by adding constraints
by Levy, David
- 63-68 On the accuracy of the mean-variance approximation for futures markets
by Newbery, David M.
- 69-73 Rational expectations in second moments, the J-curve, and the Harrod effect
by Vannini, Marco E. C.
- 75-79 Risk-taking by firms near bankruptcy
by Golbe, Devra L.
- 81-85 A new approach to modelling the effects of incomes policies
by Lewis, Philip E. T. & Kirby, Michael G.
- 87-91 A note on the modelling of circular smallholder migration
by Bigsten, Arne
- 93-96 Divergent trends in the discouragement of adult men, adult women, and teenagers: 1970-1986
by Maloney, Tim & Ratti, Ronald A.