Patents and R&D: The tournament effect
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Jean Tirole, 1988. "The Theory of Industrial Organization," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 1, volume 1, number 0262200716, December.
- Michele Boldrin & David K Levine, 2003.
"IER Lawrence Klein Lecture: The Case Against Intellectual Monopoly,"
Levine's Working Paper Archive
618897000000000493, David K. Levine.
- Michele Boldrin & David K. Levine, 2004. "IER Lawrence Klein Lecture: the case against intellectual monopoly," Staff Report 339, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis.
- Michele Boldrin & David K Levine, 2003. "The Case Against Intellectual Monopoly, Chapter 2," Levine's Working Paper Archive 234936000000000033, David K. Levine.
- Michele Boldrin & David K Levine, 2003. "The Case Against Intellectual Monopoly, Chapter 1," Levine's Working Paper Archive 234936000000000028, David K. Levine.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Adam Karbowski, 2020. "A Note on Patents and Leniency," Gospodarka Narodowa. The Polish Journal of Economics, Warsaw School of Economics, issue 1, pages 97-108.
- Leonard F.S. Wang & Arijit Mukherjee, 2014. "Patent Protection, Innovation and Technology Licensing," Australian Economic Papers, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 53(3-4), pages 245-254, December.
- Che, Xiaogang & Yang, Yibai, 2009. "Patent Protection with Cooperative R&D Option," MPRA Paper 19436, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Schmitz, Patrick W., 2007.
"Exclusive versus non-exclusive licensing strategies and moral hazard,"
Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 97(3), pages 208-214, December.
- Schmitz, Patrick W, 2007. "Exclusive versus Non-exclusive Licensing Strategies and Moral Hazard," CEPR Discussion Papers 6207, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Srobonti Chattopadhyay & Rittwik Chatterjee, 2019. "Patent Protection and R&D Incentives Under Incomplete Information," Journal of Quantitative Economics, Springer;The Indian Econometric Society (TIES), vol. 17(3), pages 699-705, September.
- Rittwik Chatterjee & Srobonti Chattopadhyay & Tarun Kabiraj, 2018. "Spillovers and R&D Incentive under Incomplete Information," Studies in Microeconomics, , vol. 6(1-2), pages 50-65, June.
- Mukherjee, Arijit & Mukherjee, Soma, 2013. "Technology licensing and innovation," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 120(3), pages 499-502.
- Basak, Debasmita & Mukherjee, Arijit, 2018. "Labour unionisation structure and product innovation," International Review of Economics & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 55(C), pages 98-110.
- Che, XiaoGang & Yang, Yibai, 2012.
"Patent protection with a cooperative R&D option,"
Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 116(3), pages 469-471.
- Che, XiaoGang & Yang, Yibai, 2012. "Patent Protection with a Cooperative R&D Option," Working Papers 2012-6, University of Alberta, Department of Economics.
- Marjit, Sugata & Xu, Xinpeng & Yang, Lei, 2009. "Offshore Outsourcing, Contractual R&D and Intellectual Property in Developing Countries," MPRA Paper 19362, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Debasmita Basak & Andreas Hoefele & Arijit Mukherjee, 2022. "Wage bargaining and product innovation: The role of market expansion effect," Manchester School, University of Manchester, vol. 90(3), pages 319-340, June.
- Ding, Rong & Ko, Chiu Yu, 2021. "Does licensing improve welfare with rent dissipation?," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 105(C).
- Debasmita Basak & Andreas Hoefele & Arijit Mukherjee, 2014. "Union Bargaining Power and Product Innovation: Relevance of the Preference Function," CESifo Working Paper Series 5007, CESifo.
- Arijit Mukherjee, 2017. "Patent Protection and R&D with Endogenous Market Structure," Journal of Industrial Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 65(1), pages 220-234, March.
- Karbowski Adam & Prokop Jacek, 2020. "The Impact of Patents and R&D Cooperation on R&D Investments in a Differentiated Goods Industry," South East European Journal of Economics and Business, Sciendo, vol. 15(1), pages 122-133, June.
- Mukherjee, Arijit, 2006. "Patents and R&D with imitation and licensing," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 93(2), pages 196-201, November.
- Marjit, Sugata & Yang, Lei, 2015. "Does intellectual property right promote innovations when pirates are innovators?," International Review of Economics & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 37(C), pages 203-207.
- Swapnendu Banerjee & Yuanzhu Lu & Sougata Poddar, 2021. "Technology selling and innovation with bargaining," Bulletin of Economic Research, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 73(1), pages 100-107, January.
- Che, Xiaogang & Yang, Yibai, 2009. "Patent Protection with Licensing," MPRA Paper 19438, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Carlo Capuano & Iacopo Grassi, 2019. "Imperfect patent protection, licensing, and Social Welfare," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 39(4), pages 2639-2649.
- Arijit Mukherjee & Prabal Roy chowdhury, 2013. "Innovation and social desirability of merger," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 33(1), pages 348-360.
- Hamid Beladi & Sugata Marjit & Xinpeng Xu & Lei Yang, 2016. "Strategic Enforcement, Intellectual Property Rights, And Contractual R&D," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 54(4), pages 1904-1917, October.
- Che, Xiaogang & Yang, Yibai, 2009. "Patent Protection with Cooperative R&D Option," MPRA Paper 19437, University Library of Munich, Germany.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Bharat N. Anand & Alexander Galetovic & Alvaro Stein, 2004. "Incentives Versus Synergies in Markets for Talent," Documentos de Trabajo 179, Centro de Economía Aplicada, Universidad de Chile.
- Denicolo, Vincenzo & Franzoni, Luigi Alberto, 2003. "The contract theory of patents," International Review of Law and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 23(4), pages 365-380, December.
- Prabal Roy Chowdhury, 2005. "Patents and R & D: The tournament effect," Discussion Papers 05-05, Indian Statistical Institute, Delhi.
- Oscar Gutiérrez & Francisco Ruiz-Aliseda, 2011.
"Real options with unknown-date events,"
Annals of Finance, Springer, vol. 7(2), pages 171-198, May.
- Oscar Gutierrez Arnaiz & Francisco Ruiz-Aliseda, 2003. "Real Options with Unknown-Date Events," Discussion Papers 1378, Northwestern University, Center for Mathematical Studies in Economics and Management Science.
- E. Villemeur & Helmuth Cremer & Bernard Roy & Joëlle Toledano, 2007.
"Worksharing, access and bypass: the structure of prices in the postal sector,"
Journal of Regulatory Economics, Springer, vol. 32(1), pages 67-85, August.
- Cremer, Helmuth & Roy, Bernard & Toledano, Joëlle & de Villemeur, Étienne, 2005. "Worksharing, Access and Bypass: The Structure of Prices in the Postal Sector," IDEI Working Papers 360, Institut d'Économie Industrielle (IDEI), Toulouse, revised Oct 2006.
- Etienne Billette de Villemeur & Helmut Cremer & Bernard Roy & Joëlle Toledano, 2007. "Worksharing, access and bypass: the structure of prices in the postal sector," Post-Print hal-02665882, HAL.
- Jianqiang Zhang & Weijun Zhong & Shue Mei, 2012. "Competitive effects of informative advertising in distribution channels," Marketing Letters, Springer, vol. 23(3), pages 561-584, September.
- Donna, Javier D. & Pereira, Pedro & Trindade, Andre & Yoshida, Renan C., 2020.
"Direct-to-Consumer Sales by Manufacturers and Bargaining,"
105773, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Javier Donna & Pedro Pereira & Andre Trindade & Renan Yoshida, 2021. "Direct-to-Consumer sales by manufacturers and bargaining," Working Papers 69, Red Nacional de Investigadores en Economía (RedNIE).
- Francisco B. Galarza & Gabriella Wong, 2017. "The Impact of Price Information on Consumer Behavior: An Experiment," Working Papers 2017-106, Peruvian Economic Association.
- Kaplow, Louis & Shapiro, Carl, 2007.
Handbook of Law and Economics, in: A. Mitchell Polinsky & Steven Shavell (ed.), Handbook of Law and Economics, edition 1, volume 2, chapter 15, pages 1073-1225,
- Louis Kaplow & Carl Shapiro, 2007. "Antitrust," NBER Working Papers 12867, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Kaplow, Louis & Shapiro, Carl, 2007. "Antitrust," Competition Policy Center, Working Paper Series qt9pt7p9bm, Competition Policy Center, Institute for Business and Economic Research, UC Berkeley.
- Kessing, Sebastian G. & Konrad, Kai A. & Kotsogiannis, Christos, 2006.
"Federal tax autonomy and the limits of cooperation,"
Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 59(2), pages 317-329, March.
- Kessing, Sebastian G. & Konrad, Kai A. & Kotsogiannis, Christos, 2005. "Federal tax autonomy and the limits of cooperation [Föderale Steuerautonomie und die Grenzen der Kooperation]," Discussion Papers, Research Unit: Market Processes and Governance SP II 2005-18, WZB Berlin Social Science Center.
- Etienne Billette de Villemeur & Kevin Guittet, 2004. "Optimal structure of air transport services when environnemental costs are taken into account," Post-Print hal-01022242, HAL.
- Aurora García‐Gallego & Nikolaos Georgantzís, 2009. "Market Effects of Changes in Consumers' Social Responsibility," Journal of Economics & Management Strategy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 18(1), pages 235-262, March.
- Simon P. Anderson & Régis Renault, 2011. "Price Discrimination," Chapters, in: André de Palma & Robin Lindsey & Emile Quinet & Roger Vickerman (ed.), A Handbook of Transport Economics, chapter 22, Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Leonard J. Mirman & Egas M. Salgueiro & Marc Santugini, 2013. "Integrating Real and Financial Decisions of the Firm," Cahiers de recherche 1333, CIRPEE.
- McCarthy, Ian M., 2016.
"Advertising intensity and welfare in an equilibrium search model,"
Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 141(C), pages 20-26.
- Ian McCarthy, 2008. "Advertising Intensity and Welfare in an Equilibrium Search Model," CAEPR Working Papers 2008-003, Center for Applied Economics and Policy Research, Department of Economics, Indiana University Bloomington.
- Alexander, Corinne E., 2002. "The Role Of Seed Company Supplied Information In Farmers' Decisions," 2002 Annual meeting, July 28-31, Long Beach, CA 19617, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Kathryn E. Spier, 2003. "“Tied to the Mast”: Most-Favored-Nation Clauses in Settlement Contracts," The Journal of Legal Studies, University of Chicago Press, vol. 32(1), pages 91-120, January.
- repec:hal:spmain:info:hdl:2441/eu4vqp9ompqllr09hc03jc5h8 is not listed on IDEAS
- Pierre-Pascal Gendron, 1996. "Corporation Tax Asymmetries: An Oligopolistic Supergame Analysis," Working Papers ecpap-96-04, University of Toronto, Department of Economics.
- Musso, Enrico & Ferrari, Claudio & Benacchio, Marco, 2006. "Port Investment: Profitability, Economic Impact and Financing," Research in Transportation Economics, Elsevier, vol. 16(1), pages 171-218, January.
- Philip C. Abbott & Panu K. S. Kallio, 1996.
"Implications of Game Theory for International Agricultural Trade,"
American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 78(3), pages 738-744.
- Abbott, Philip C. & Kallio, Panu K.S., 1996. "Implications of Game Theory for International Agricultural Trade," Research Discussion Papers 256815, Montana State University, Department of Agricultural Economics and Economics, Trade Research Center.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:ecolet:v:89:y:2005:i:1:p:120-126. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/ecolet .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If CitEc recognized a bibliographic reference but did not link an item in RePEc to it, you can help with this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Catherine Liu (email available below). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/ecolet .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.