Issues on Integrating Real and Financial Decisions
We study the issue of integrating real and financial decisions in the monopoly framework. To that end, we combine the decisions of the firm with the decisions of the shareholders. When the managing shareholder chooses production, risk allocation, and the total number of shares for the risky asset, we show that there is no Nash equilibrium with a competitive financial market. Existence is reestablished under various restrictions on the set for the total number of shares. Moreover, there exists a Stackelberg equilibrium when the managing shareholder is the leader. In addition to discussing the issue of existence, we compare the equilibrium outcomes for each restriction we impose.
|Date of creation:||2013|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Phone: (514) 987-8161
Web page: http://www.cirpee.org/
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Harry Markowitz, 1952. "Portfolio Selection," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 7(1), pages 77-91, 03.
- Dotan, Amihud & Ravid, S Abraham, 1985. " On the Interaction of Real and Financial Decisions of the Firm under Uncertainty," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 40(2), pages 501-17, June.
- Mirman, Leonard J. & Santugini, Marc, 2013.
"Firms, shareholders, and financial markets,"
The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 53(2), pages 152-164.
- Leonard J. Mirman & Marc Santugini, 2008. "Firms, Shareholders, and Financial Markets," Cahiers de recherche 08-05, HEC Montréal, Institut d'économie appliquée, revised Mar 2013.
- Leonard J. Mirman & Marc Santugini, 2011. "Firms, Shareholders, and Financial Markets," Cahiers de recherche 1124, CIRPEE.
- Baron, David P, 1970. "Price Uncertainty, Utility, and Industry Equilibrium in Pure Competition," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 11(3), pages 463-80, October.
- Baron, David P, 1971. "Demand Uncertainty in Imperfect Competition," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 12(2), pages 196-208, June.
- Leonard J. Mirman & Neelam Jain, 2000. "Real and financial effects of insider trading with correlated signals," Economic Theory, Springer, vol. 16(2), pages 333-353.
- Jean Tirole, 1988. "The Theory of Industrial Organization," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 1, volume 1, number 0262200716, June.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:lvl:lacicr:1333. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Johanne Perron)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.