The Impact of Price Information on Consumer Behavior: An Experiment
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Jean Tirole, 1988. "The Theory of Industrial Organization," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 1, volume 1, number 0262200716, May.
- H. Leibenstein, 1950. "Bandwagon, Snob, and Veblen Effects in the Theory of Consumers' Demand," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 64(2), pages 183-207.
- Goldstein, Robin & Almenberg, Johan & Dreber, Anna & Emerson, John W. & Herschkowitsch, Alexis & Katz, Jacob, 2008.
"Do More Expensive Wines Taste Better? Evidence from a Large Sample of Blind Tastings,"
Journal of Wine Economics,
Cambridge University Press, vol. 3(01), pages 1-9, March.
- Goldstein, Robin & Almenberg, Johan & Dreber, Anna & Emerson, John W. & Herschkowitsch, Alexis & Katz, Jacob, 2008. "Do More Expensive Wines Taste Better? Evidence From A Large Sample Of Blind Tastings," Working Papers 37328, American Association of Wine Economists.
- Goldstein, Robin & Almenberg, Johan & Dreber, Anna & Emerson, John W. & Herschkowitsch, Alexis & Katz, Jacob, 2008. "Do More Expensive Wines Taste Better? Evidence from a Large Sample of Blind Tastings," SSE/EFI Working Paper Series in Economics and Finance 700, Stockholm School of Economics, revised 24 Apr 2008.
- Rao, Akshay R & Monroe, Kent B, 1988. " The Moderating Effect of Prior Knowledge on Cue Utilization in Product Evaluations," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 15(2), pages 253-264, September.
- Harold J. Leavitt, 1954. "A Note on Some Experimental Findings About the Meanings of Price," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 27, pages 205-205.
- Asher Wolinsky, 1983. "Prices as Signals of Product Quality," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 50(4), pages 647-658.
- Daniel McFadden, 2001. "Economic Choices," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 91(3), pages 351-378, June.
- Héctor Maletta, 2010. "La evolución del Homo economicus: problemas del marco de decisión racional en Economía," Revista Economía, Fondo Editorial - Pontificia Universidad Católica del Perú, vol. 33(65), pages 9-68.
- Francisco Galarza & Mauricio Power (ed.), 2012. "Economía experimental: nuevas metodologías para analizar el comportamiento individual," Books, Fondo Editorial, Universidad del Pacífico, edition 1, volume 1, number 12-01, June.
- Torsten Bornemann & Christian Homburg, 2011. "Psychological Distance and the Dual Role of Price," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 38(3), pages 490-504.
More about this item
KeywordsPrice-quality; Experimental Economics; behavioral pricing; placebo effect; consumer decision-making;
- C91 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Design of Experiments - - - Laboratory, Individual Behavior
- D03 - Microeconomics - - General - - - Behavioral Microeconomics: Underlying Principles
- D81 - Microeconomics - - Information, Knowledge, and Uncertainty - - - Criteria for Decision-Making under Risk and Uncertainty
- D89 - Microeconomics - - Information, Knowledge, and Uncertainty - - - Other
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2017-12-25 (All new papers)
- NEP-ALL-2018-01-01 (All new papers)
- NEP-CBE-2018-01-01 (Cognitive & Behavioural Economics)
- NEP-EXP-2018-01-01 (Experimental Economics)
- NEP-MKT-2018-01-01 (Marketing)
- NEP-UPT-2018-01-01 (Utility Models & Prospect Theory)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:apc:wpaper:2017-106. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Nelson Ramírez-Rondán). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/peruvea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.