Causes and Consequences of Price Premiums
Existing literature that argues for the prevalence of price premiums is examined. An evaluation of an extant model identifies several possible boundary conditions that limit the applicability of the model. A set of propositions is developed based on these boundary conditions, linking buyer, seller, and market factors to the magnitude of price premiums that should be available. Alternative means for empirical testing of the propositions are offered, and some implications and applications of this line of thinking for pricing and brand management are described. Copyright 1996 by University of Chicago Press.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Anonymous, 0. "Economic Development And Aid," Increasing Understanding of Public Problems and Policies, Farm Foundation.
- Lynch, Michael & Miller, Ross M. & Plott, Charles R. & Porter, Russell., 1984. "Product Quality, Informational Efficiency and Regulations in Experimental Markets," Working Papers 518, California Institute of Technology, Division of the Humanities and Social Sciences.
- repec:tep:teppwp:wp1215 is not listed on IDEAS
- Anonymous, 0. "Economic Growth Through Regional Associations," Increasing Understanding of Public Problems and Policies, Farm Foundation.
- Anonymous & Dagher, Magid & Jones, Dewitt & Jones, Hezekiah & Samuel, Vin G., 0. "Outstanding Black Agricultural Economists," COSBAE Brochures, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, Committee on the Opportunities and Status of Blacks in Agricultural Economics (COSBAE).
- Picard, Pierre, 1987.
"On the design of incentive schemes under moral hazard and adverse selection,"
Journal of Public Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 33(3), pages 305-331, August.
- Picard Pierre, 1986. "On the design of incentive schemes under moral hazard and adverse selection," CEPREMAP Working Papers (Couverture Orange) 8602, CEPREMAP.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ucp:jnlbus:v:69:y:1996:i:4:p:511-35. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Journals Division)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.