Causes and Consequences of Price Premiums
Existing literature that argues for the prevalence of price premiums is examined. An evaluation of an extant model identifies several possible boundary conditions that limit the applicability of the model. A set of propositions is developed based on these boundary conditions, linking buyer, seller, and market factors to the magnitude of price premiums that should be available. Alternative means for empirical testing of the propositions are offered, and some implications and applications of this line of thinking for pricing and brand management are described. Copyright 1996 by University of Chicago Press.
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Anonymous, 0. "Economic Development And Aid," Increasing Understanding of Public Problems and Policies, Farm Foundation.
- Lynch, Michael & Miller, Ross M. & Plott, Charles R. & Porter, Russell., 1984. "Product Quality, Informational Efficiency and Regulations in Experimental Markets," Working Papers 518, California Institute of Technology, Division of the Humanities and Social Sciences.
- repec:tep:teppwp:wp1215 is not listed on IDEAS
- Anonymous, 0. "Economic Growth Through Regional Associations," Increasing Understanding of Public Problems and Policies, Farm Foundation.
- Anonymous & Dagher, Magid & Jones, Dewitt & Jones, Hezekiah & Samuel, Vin G., 0. "Outstanding Black Agricultural Economists," COSBAE Brochures, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, Committee on the Opportunities and Status of Blacks in Agricultural Economics (COSBAE).
- Picard, Pierre, 1987.
"On the design of incentive schemes under moral hazard and adverse selection,"
Journal of Public Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 33(3), pages 305-331, August.
- Picard Pierre, 1986. "On the design of incentive schemes under moral hazard and adverse selection," CEPREMAP Working Papers (Couverture Orange) 8602, CEPREMAP.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ucp:jnlbus:v:69:y:1996:i:4:p:511-35. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Journals Division)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.