The Role Of Seed Company Supplied Information In Farmers' Decisions
Structural and technological change in American agricultural input markets has increased the influence of seed company supplied information relative to other information sources in farmers' decisions. I examine theoretically the incentives for biotechnology firms to provide reliable, useful information to potential customers.
|Date of creation:||2002|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: 555 East Wells Street, Suite 1100, Milwaukee, Wisconsin 53202|
Phone: (414) 918-3190
Fax: (414) 276-3349
Web page: http://www.aaea.org
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Caminal, Ramon & Vives, Xavier, 1997.
"Price Dynamics and Consumer Learning,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
1744, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Mirman, L.J. & Samuelson, L. & Schlee, E.E., 1991.
"Strategic Information Manupulation in Duopolies,"
9137, Tilburg - Center for Economic Research.
- Bergemann, Dirk & Valimaki, Juuso, 1996.
"Learning and Strategic Pricing,"
Econometric Society, vol. 64(5), pages 1125-49, September.
- Nicholas Kalaitzandonakes, 1997. "Mycogen: Building a Seed Company for the Twenty-first Century," Review of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 19(2), pages 453-462.
- Cyert, Richard M & DeGroot, Morris H, 1970. "Bayesian Analysis and Duopoly Theory," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 78(5), pages 1168-84, Sept.-Oct.
- Cyert, Richard M & DeGroot, Morris H, 1974. "Rational Expectations and Bayesian Analysis," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 82(3), pages 521-36, May/June.
- Corinne Alexander & Rachael E. Goodhue, 2002. "The pricing of innovations: An application to specialized corn traits," Agribusiness, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 18(3), pages 333-348.
- Townsend, Robert M, 1978. "Market Anticipations, Rational Expectations, and Bayesian Analysis," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 19(2), pages 481-94, June.
- Nelson, Phillip, 1970. "Information and Consumer Behavior," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 78(2), pages 311-29, March-Apr.
- Feder, Gershon & Just, Richard E & Zilberman, David, 1985. "Adoption of Agricultural Innovations in Developing Countries: A Survey," Economic Development and Cultural Change, University of Chicago Press, vol. 33(2), pages 255-98, January.
- Dirk Bergemann & Juuso Valimaki, 1997.
"Market Diffusion with Two-Sided Learning,"
RAND Journal of Economics,
The RAND Corporation, vol. 28(4), pages 773-795, Winter.
- Harrington Jr. , Joseph E., 1995. "Experimentation and Learning in a Differentiated-Products Duopoly," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 66(1), pages 275-288, June.
- Kalaitzandonakes, Nicholas G. & Hayenga, Marvin L., 2000. "Structural Change In The Biotechnology And Seed Industrial Complex: Theory And Evidence," Proceedings:Transitions in Agbiotech: Economics of Strategy and Policy, June 24-25, 1999, Washington, D.C. 26026, Regional Research Project NE-165 Private Strategies, Public Policies, and Food System Performance.
- A.J. Fischer & A.J. Arnold & M. Gibbs, 1996. "Information and the Speed of Innovation Adoption," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 78(4), pages 1073-1081.
- Alexander, Corinne E. & Fernandez-Cornejo, Jorge & Goodhue, Rachael E., 2003. "Effects of the GM Controversy on Iowa Corn-Soybean Farmers' Acreage Allocation Decisions," Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Western Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 28(03), December.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:aaea02:19617. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.