Spurious nonlinear regressions in econometrics
No abstract is available for this item.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Park, Joon Y & Phillips, Peter C B, 2001.
"Nonlinear Regressions with Integrated Time Series,"
Econometric Society, vol. 69(1), pages 117-61, January.
- Joon Y. Park & Peter C. B. Phillips, 1999. "Nonlinear Regressions with Integrated Time Series," Working Paper Series no6, Institute of Economic Research, Seoul National University.
- Joon Y. Park & Peter C.B. Phillips, 1998. "Nonlinear Regressions with Integrated Time Series," Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers 1190, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- Granger, E.J. & Swanson, N.R., 1996.
"An introduction to stochastic Unit Root Processes,"
4-96-3, Pennsylvania State - Department of Economics.
- Lee, Tae-Hwy & White, Halbert & Granger, Clive W. J., 1993.
"Testing for neglected nonlinearity in time series models : A comparison of neural network methods and alternative tests,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 56(3), pages 269-290, April.
- Tom Doan, . "REGRESET: RATS procedure to perform Ramsey RESET test on regression," Statistical Software Components RTS00181, Boston College Department of Economics.
- Tom Doan, . "REGWHITENNTEST: RATS procedure to perform White neural network test on regression," Statistical Software Components RTS00183, Boston College Department of Economics.
- Young-Sook Lee & Tae-Hwan Kim & Paul Newbold, 2004.
"Spurious Nonlinear Regressions In Econometrics,"
Royal Economic Society Annual Conference 2004
27, Royal Economic Society.
- Marmol, Francesc, 1998.
"Spurious regression theory with nonstationary fractionally integrated processes,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 84(2), pages 233-250, June.
- Marmol, Francesc, 1997. "Spurius regression theory with nonstationary fractionally integrated processes," DES - Working Papers. Statistics and Econometrics. WS 10733, Universidad Carlos III de Madrid. Departamento de Estadística.
- Phillips, P.C.B., 1986.
"Understanding spurious regressions in econometrics,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 33(3), pages 311-340, December.
- Peter C.B. Phillips, 1985. "Understanding Spurious Regressions in Econometrics," Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers 757, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- Entorf, Horst, 1997. "Random walks with drifts: Nonsense regression and spurious fixed-effect estimation," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 80(2), pages 287-296, October.
- Porter, Richard D. & Kashyap, Anil K., 1984. "Autocorrelation and the sensitivity of reset," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 14(2-3), pages 229-233.
- Siu Fai Leung & Shihti Yu, 2001. "The sensitivity of the RESET tests to disturbance autocorrelation in regression analysis," Empirical Economics, Springer, vol. 26(4), pages 721-726.
- Granger, C. W. J. & Newbold, P., 1974. "Spurious regressions in econometrics," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 2(2), pages 111-120, July.
- Haldrup, Niels, 1994. "The asymptotics of single-equation cointegration regressions with I(1) and I(2) variables," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 63(1), pages 153-181, July.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:ecolet:v:87:y:2005:i:3:p:301-306. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Shamier, Wendy)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.