Spurious regression theory with nonstationary fractionally integrated processes
This paper develops an analytical study of the asymptotic distributions obtained when we run linear regressions in the levels of nonstationary fractionally integrated FI(d) processes, that are spuriously related in a multivariate single-equation setting which aIIows for the existence of co integrating relationships and quite general deterministic components. In doing this, the analytical studies of PhiIIips (1986), haldrup (1994) and Marmol (1995, 1996) are embedded in our results.
(This abstract was borrowed from another version of this item.)
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Marmol, Francesc, 1996. "Nonsense Regressions between Integrated Processes of Different Orders," Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics, Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 58(3), pages 525-536, August.
- Granger, C. W. J., 1980. "Long memory relationships and the aggregation of dynamic models," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 14(2), pages 227-238, October.
- Gourieroux Christian & Akonom, J., 1988. "Functional limit theorem for fractional processes (a)," CEPREMAP Working Papers (Couverture Orange) 8801, CEPREMAP.
- Phillips, P.C.B., 1986.
"Understanding spurious regressions in econometrics,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 33(3), pages 311-340, December.
- Peter C.B. Phillips, 1985. "Understanding Spurious Regressions in Econometrics," Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers 757, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- Goncalves E & Gourieroux Christian, 1987. "Agrégation de processus autoregressifs d'ordre 1," CEPREMAP Working Papers (Couverture Orange) 8722, CEPREMAP.
- Granger, C. W. J. & Newbold, P., 1974. "Spurious regressions in econometrics," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 2(2), pages 111-120, July.
- Haldrup, Niels, 1994. "The asymptotics of single-equation cointegration regressions with I(1) and I(2) variables," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 63(1), pages 153-181, July.
- repec:crs:wpaper:8913 is not listed on IDEAS
- Hassler, Uwe, 1996. "Spurious regressions when stationary regressors are included," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 50(1), pages 25-31, January.
- Baillie, Richard T., 1996. "Long memory processes and fractional integration in econometrics," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 73(1), pages 5-59, July.
- Cheung, Yin-Wong & Lai, Kon S, 1993. "A Fractional Cointegration Analysis of Purchasing Power Parity," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 11(1), pages 103-112, January.
- Juan J. Dolado & Francisco Mármol, 1996. "Efficient Estimation of Cointegrating Relationships Among Higher Order and Fractionally Integrated Processes," Working Papers 9617, Banco de España;Working Papers Homepage.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:econom:v:84:y:1998:i:2:p:233-250. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.