Nonsense regressions due to neglected time-varying means
No abstract is available for this item.
Volume (Year): 44 (2003)
Issue (Month): 2 (April)
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.springer.com|
|Order Information:||Web: http://www.springer.com/statistics/business/journal/362|
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Choi, In, 1994. "Spurious regressions and residual-based tests for cointegration when regressors are cointegrated," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 60(1-2), pages 313-320.
- Abeysinghe, Tilak, 1991. "Inappropriate use of seasonal dummies in regression," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 36(2), pages 175-179, June.
- Marmol, Francesc, 1996. "Nonsense Regressions between Integrated Processes of Different Orders," Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics, Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 58(3), pages 525-36, August.
- Hassler, Uwe, 1996. "Spurious regressions when stationary regressors are included," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 50(1), pages 25-31, January.
- Monta s, Antonio & Reyes, Marcelo, 1998. "Effect Of A Shift In The Trend Function On Dickey Fuller Unit Root Tests," Econometric Theory, Cambridge University Press, vol. 14(03), pages 355-363, June.
- Wooldridge, Jeffrey M., 1991. "A note on computing r-squared and adjusted r-squared for trending and seasonal data," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 36(1), pages 49-54, May.
- Phillips, P.C.B., 1986.
"Understanding spurious regressions in econometrics,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 33(3), pages 311-340, December.
- Peter C.B. Phillips, 1985. "Understanding Spurious Regressions in Econometrics," Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers 757, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- Granger, C. W. J. & Newbold, P., 1974. "Spurious regressions in econometrics," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 2(2), pages 111-120, July.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:spr:stpapr:v:44:y:2003:i:2:p:169-182. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla)or (Rebekah McClure)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.