Nonsense regressions due to neglected time-varying means
No abstract is available for this item.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Volume (Year): 44 (2003)
Issue (Month): 2 (April)
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.springer.com/statistics/business/journal/362|
|Order Information:||Web: http://link.springer.de/orders.htm|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Marmol, Francesc, 1996. "Nonsense Regressions between Integrated Processes of Different Orders," Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics, Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 58(3), pages 525-36, August.
- Granger, C. W. J. & Newbold, P., 1974. "Spurious regressions in econometrics," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 2(2), pages 111-120, July.
- Monta s, Antonio & Reyes, Marcelo, 1998. "Effect Of A Shift In The Trend Function On Dickey Fuller Unit Root Tests," Econometric Theory, Cambridge University Press, vol. 14(03), pages 355-363, June.
- Hassler, Uwe, 1996. "Spurious regressions when stationary regressors are included," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 50(1), pages 25-31, January.
- Choi, In, 1994. "Spurious regressions and residual-based tests for cointegration when regressors are cointegrated," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 60(1-2), pages 313-320.
- Phillips, P.C.B., 1986.
"Understanding spurious regressions in econometrics,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 33(3), pages 311-340, December.
- Peter C.B. Phillips, 1985. "Understanding Spurious Regressions in Econometrics," Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers 757, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- Abeysinghe, Tilak, 1991. "Inappropriate use of seasonal dummies in regression," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 36(2), pages 175-179, June.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:spr:stpapr:v:44:y:2003:i:2:p:169-182. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla)or (Christopher F Baum)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.