Inappropriate use of seasonal dummies in regression
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Lichtenberg, A. J. & Ujihara, A., 1989. "Application of nonlinear mapping theory to commodity price fluctuatuions," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 13(2), pages 225-246, April.
- Chiarella, Carl, 1988. "The cobweb model: Its instability and the onset of chaos," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 5(4), pages 377-384, October.
- Holmes, James M. & Manning, Richard, 1988. "Memory and market stability : The case of the cobweb," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 28(1), pages 1-7.
- Artstein, Zvi, 1983. "Irregular cobweb dynamics," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 11(1-2), pages 15-17.
- Jensen, Roderick V. & Urban, Robin, 1984. "Chaotic price behavior in a non-linear cobweb model," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 15(3-4), pages 235-240.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Pami Dua & Lokendra Kumawat, 2005.
"Modelling and Forecasting Seasonality in Indian Macroeconomic Time Series,"
136, Centre for Development Economics, Delhi School of Economics.
- Pami Dua & Lokendra Kumawat, 2010. "Modelling and Forecasting Seasonality in Indian Macroeconomic Time Series," Working Papers id:3005, eSocialSciences.
- Raimundo Soto, 2002.
"Ajuste Estacional e Integración en Variables Macroeconómicas,"
Latin American Journal of Economics-formerly Cuadernos de Economía,
Instituto de Economía. Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile., pages 135-155.
- Raimundo Soto, 2000. "Ajuste Estacional e Integración en Variables Macroeconómicas," Working Papers Central Bank of Chile 73, Central Bank of Chile.
- Hassler, Uwe, 1999. "Nonsense regressions due to time-varying means," DES - Working Papers. Statistics and Econometrics. WS 6361, Universidad Carlos III de Madrid. Departamento de Estadística.
- Eric Ghysels & Denise R. Osborn & Paulo M. M. Rodrigues, 1999. "Seasonal Nonstationarity and Near-Nonstationarity," CIRANO Working Papers 99s-05, CIRANO.
- Voges, Michelle & Leschinski, Christian & Sibbertsen, Philipp, 2017. "Seasonal long memory in intraday volatility and trading volume of Dow Jones stocks," Hannover Economic Papers (HEP) dp-599, Leibniz Universität Hannover, Wirtschaftswissenschaftliche Fakultät.
- Huang, Tai-Hsin & Shen, Chung-Hua, 1999. "Applying the seasonal error correction model to the demand for international reserves in Taiwan," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 18(1), pages 107-131, January.
- Bukhari, Syed Kalim Hyder & Abdul, Jalil & Rao, Nasir Hamid, 2011.
"Detection and Forecasting of Islamic Calendar Effects in Time Series Data: Revisited,"
31124, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Nasir Hamid Rao & Syed Kalim Hyder Bukhari & Abdul Jalil, 2011. "Detection and Forecasting of Islamic Calendar Effects in Time Series Data: Revisited," Working Papers id:4290, eSocialSciences.
- Syed Kalim Hyder Bukhari & Abdul Jalil & Nasir Hamid Rao, 2011. "Detection and Forecasting of Islamic Calendar Effects in Time Series Data: Revisited," SBP Working Paper Series 39, State Bank of Pakistan, Research Department.
- García Enríquez, Javier & Arteche González, Jesús María & Murillas Maza, Arantza, 2010. "Fractional Integration Analysis and its Implications on Profitability: the Case of the Mackerel Market in the Basque Country," BILTOKI 2010-06, Universidad del País Vasco - Departamento de Economía Aplicada III (Econometría y Estadística).
- Cáceres Hernández, J.J., 2001. "Optimalidad del patrón estacional de las exportaciones canarias de tomate," Estudios de Economía Aplicada, Estudios de Economía Aplicada, vol. 18, pages 41-66, Agosto.
- Uwe Hassler, 2003. "Nonsense regressions due to neglected time-varying means," Statistical Papers, Springer, vol. 44(2), pages 169-182, April.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:ecolet:v:36:y:1991:i:2:p:175-179. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/ecolet .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.