Ajuste Estacional e Integración en Variables Macroeconómicas
Separating seasonal components from other sources of economic fluctuations is crucial for both economic modeling and policy making. Practitioners treat seasonality as noise to be removed before estimating models and tend to apply deseasonalizing methods i
Volume (Year): 39 (2002)
Issue (Month): 116 ()
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Avda. Vicuña Mackenna 4860, Macul, Santiago|
Phone: (562) 354-4303
Fax: (562) 553-1664
Web page: http://www.economia.uc.cl
More information through EDIRC
|Order Information:|| Email: |
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Dickey, David A & Fuller, Wayne A, 1981. "Likelihood Ratio Statistics for Autoregressive Time Series with a Unit Root," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 49(4), pages 1057-1072, June.
- Abeysinghe, Tilak, 1994. "Deterministic seasonal models and spurious regressions," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 61(2), pages 259-272, April.
- Sims, Christopher A., 1993.
"Rational expectations modeling with seasonally adjusted data,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 55(1-2), pages 9-19.
- Christopher A. Sims, 1990. "Rational expectations modeling with seasonally adjusted data," Discussion Paper / Institute for Empirical Macroeconomics 35, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis.
- Franses, Philip Hans & Hoek, Henk & Paap, Richard, 1997.
"Bayesian analysis of seasonal unit roots and seasonal mean shifts,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 78(2), pages 359-380, June.
- Franses, Ph.H.B.F. & Hoek, H. & Paap, R., 1995. "Bayesian Analysis of Seasonal Unit Roots and Seasonal Mean Shifts," Econometric Institute Research Papers EI 9527-/A, Erasmus University Rotterdam, Erasmus School of Economics (ESE), Econometric Institute.
- Joseph Beaulieu, J. & Miron, Jeffrey A., 1993.
"Seasonal unit roots in aggregate U.S. data,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 55(1-2), pages 305-328.
- Abeysinghe, Tilak, 1991. "Inappropriate use of seasonal dummies in regression," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 36(2), pages 175-179, June.
- Ghysels, Eric, 1997. "On seasonality and business cycle durations: A nonparametric investigation," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 79(2), pages 269-290, August.
- Hansen, Lars Peter & Sargent, Thomas J., 1993. "Seasonality and approximation errors in rational expectations models," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 55(1-2), pages 21-55.
- Abeysinghe, Tilak, 1994. "Forecasting performance of seasonal-dummy models relative to some alternatives," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 44(4), pages 365-370, April.
- Granger, C. W. J. & Newbold, P., 1974. "Spurious regressions in econometrics," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 2(2), pages 111-120, July.
- Lee, Hahn S. & Siklos, Pierre L., 1995. "A note on the critical values for the maximum likelihood (seasonal) cointegration tests," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 49(2), pages 137-145, August.
- Franses, Ph.H.B.F. & de Bruin, P. & van Dijk, D.J.C., 2000. "Seasonal smooth transition autoregression," Econometric Institute Research Papers EI 2000-06/A, Erasmus University Rotterdam, Erasmus School of Economics (ESE), Econometric Institute.
- Ermini, Luigi, 1998. "A Tale of Three Seasonal Adjustment Procedures: The Case of Sweden's GDP," SSE/EFI Working Paper Series in Economics and Finance 230, Stockholm School of Economics.
- Jeffrey A. Miron & J. Joseph Beaulieu, 1995.
"What Have Macroeconomists Learned about Business Cycles from the Study of Seasonal Cycles?,"
NBER Working Papers
5258, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Miron, Jeffrey A & Beaulieu, J Joseph, 1996. "What Have Macroeconomists Learned about Business Cycles form the Study of Seasonal Cycles?," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 78(1), pages 54-66, February.
- Osborn, Denise R, et al, 1988. "Seasonality and the Order of Integration for Consumption," Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics, Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 50(4), pages 361-377, November.
- Olekalns, Nilss, 1994. "Testing for unit roots in seasonally adjusted data," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 45(3), pages 273-279.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ioe:cuadec:v:39:y:2002:i:116:p:135-155. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jaime Casassus)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.