Estimation of growth convergence using a stochastic production frontier approach
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Duffy, John & Papageorgiou, Chris, 2000. "A Cross-Country Empirical Investigation of the Aggregate Production Function Specification," Journal of Economic Growth, Springer, vol. 5(1), pages 87-120, March.
- Willam Greene, 2005.
"Fixed and Random Effects in Stochastic Frontier Models,"
Journal of Productivity Analysis, Springer, vol. 23(1), pages 7-32, January.
- William Greene, 2002. "Fixed and Random Effects in Stochastic Frontier Models," Working Papers 02-16, New York University, Leonard N. Stern School of Business, Department of Economics.
- Kneller, Richard & Andrew Stevens, Philip, 2003. "The specification of the aggregate production function in the presence of inefficiency," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 81(2), pages 223-226, November.
- Subodh Kumar & R. Robert Russell, 2002. "Technological Change, Technological Catch-up, and Capital Deepening: Relative Contributions to Growth and Convergence," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 92(3), pages 527-548, June.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Sabrina Auci & Laura Castellucci & Manuela Coromaldi, 2021.
"How does public spending affect technical efficiency? Some evidence from 15 European countries,"
Bulletin of Economic Research, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 73(1), pages 108-130, January.
- Sabrina Auci & Laura Castellucci & Manuela Coromaldi, 2019. "How Does the Public Spending Affect Technical Efficiency? Some Evidence from 15 European Countries," CEIS Research Paper 476, Tor Vergata University, CEIS, revised 02 Dec 2019.
- Henry, Michael & Kneller, Richard & Milner, Chris, 2009. "Trade, technology transfer and national efficiency in developing countries," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 53(2), pages 237-254, February.
- Huang, Yu-Fan & Luo, Sui & Wang, Hung-Jen, 2018. "Flexible panel stochastic frontier model with serially correlated errors," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 163(C), pages 55-58.
- Juan Carlos Chávez-Martín del Campo & Felipe de Jesús Fonseca-Hernández, 2013. "Technical Efficiency, Technological Development, And The Labor Productivity Gap In Mexican Manufacturing," Regional and Sectoral Economic Studies, Euro-American Association of Economic Development, vol. 13(2), pages 43-58.
- Danquah, Michael & Ouattara, Bazoumana, 2015. "What drives national efficiency in sub-Saharan Africa," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 44(C), pages 171-179.
- Kerekes, Monika, 2007. "Analyzing patterns of economic growth: a production frontier approach," Discussion Papers 2007/15, Free University Berlin, School of Business & Economics.
- Michael Danquah & Bazoumana Ouattara & Peter Quartey, 2018. "Technology Transfer and National Efficiency: Does Absorptive Capacity Matter?," African Development Review, African Development Bank, vol. 30(2), pages 162-174, June.
- Simone Gitto & Paolo Mancuso, 2015. "The contribution of physical and human capital accumulation to Italian regional growth: a nonparametric perspective," Journal of Productivity Analysis, Springer, vol. 43(1), pages 1-12, February.
- Yigezu, Yigezu A. & Ahmed, Mohamed A. & Shideed, Kamil & Aw-Hassan, Aden & El-Shater, Tamer & Al-Atwan, Samman, 2013. "Implications of a shift in irrigation technology on resource use efficiency: A Syrian case," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 118(C), pages 14-22.
- Jakub Growiec & Anna Pajor & Dorota Gorniak & Artur Predki, 2015.
"The shape of aggregate production functions: evidence from estimates of the World Technology Frontier,"
Bank i Kredyt, Narodowy Bank Polski, vol. 46(4), pages 299-326.
- Jakub Growiec & Anna Pajor & Dorota Pelle & Artur Predki, 2011. "The Shape of Aggregate Production Functions: Evidence from Estimates of the World Technology Frontier," EcoMod2011 2756, EcoMod.
- Jakub Growiec & Anna Pajor & Dorota Pelle & Artur Prędki, 2011. "The shape of aggregate production functions: evidence from estimates of the World Technology Frontier," NBP Working Papers 102, Narodowy Bank Polski, Economic Research Department.
- Jakub Growiec, 2013.
"On the measurement of technological progress across countries,"
Bank i Kredyt, Narodowy Bank Polski, vol. 44(5), pages 467-504.
- Growiec, Jakub, 2009. "On the Measurement of Technological Progress Across Countries," MPRA Paper 19321, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Jakub GROWIEC, 2010. "On the Measurement of Technological Progress Across Countries," EcoMod2010 259600066, EcoMod.
- Jakub Growiec, 2010. "On the measurement of technological progress across countries," NBP Working Papers 73, Narodowy Bank Polski, Economic Research Department.
- Lin, Boqiang & Yang, Lisha, 2013. "The potential estimation and factor analysis of China′s energy conservation on thermal power industry," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 62(C), pages 354-362.
- Jakub Growiec & Lukasz Marc & Dorota Pelle, 2009. "Decomposing productivity growth in OECD countries: domestic R&D vs. international technology diffusion," IBS Working Papers 1/2009, Instytut Badan Strukturalnych.
- Marin, Giovanni & Palma, Alessandro, 2017. "Technology invention and adoption in residential energy consumption," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 66(C), pages 85-98.
- Danquah, Michael, 2018. "Technology transfer, adoption of technology and the efficiency of nations: Empirical evidence from sub Saharan Africa," Technological Forecasting and Social Change, Elsevier, vol. 131(C), pages 175-182.
- Dimitris Christopoulos & Miguel León-Ledesma, 2009. "Efficiency and frontier technology in the aftermath of recessions: international evidence," Studies in Economics 0922, School of Economics, University of Kent.
- Valentin Zelenyuk, 2021. "Performance Analysis: Economic Foundations & Trends," CEPA Working Papers Series WP162021, School of Economics, University of Queensland, Australia.
- Dierk Herzer & Julian Donaubauer, 2018.
"The long-run effect of foreign direct investment on total factor productivity in developing countries: a panel cointegration analysis,"
Empirical Economics, Springer, vol. 54(2), pages 309-342, March.
- Herzer, Dierk, 2015. "The long-run effect of foreign direct investment on total factor productivity in developing countries: A panel cointegration analysis," VfS Annual Conference 2015 (Muenster): Economic Development - Theory and Policy 112827, Verein für Socialpolitik / German Economic Association.
- Danish Ahmed SIDDIQUI & Qazi Masood AHMED, 2019. "Are institutions a crucial determinant of cross country economic efficiency? A two-stage double bootstrap data envelopment analysis," Theoretical and Applied Economics, Asociatia Generala a Economistilor din Romania - AGER, vol. 0(1(618), S), pages 89-114, Spring.
- Jerzmanowski, Michal, 2007. "Total factor productivity differences: Appropriate technology vs. efficiency," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 51(8), pages 2080-2110, November.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:ecolet:v:88:y:2005:i:3:p:300-305. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/ecolet .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If CitEc recognized a bibliographic reference but did not link an item in RePEc to it, you can help with this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Catherine Liu (email available below). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/ecolet .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.