Technical Efficiency, Technological Development, And The Labor Productivity Gap In Mexican Manufacturing
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Willam Greene, 2005.
"Fixed and Random Effects in Stochastic Frontier Models,"
Journal of Productivity Analysis,
Springer, vol. 23(1), pages 7-32, January.
- William Greene, 2002. "Fixed and Random Effects in Stochastic Frontier Models," Working Papers 02-16, New York University, Leonard N. Stern School of Business, Department of Economics.
- Krugman, Paul, 1991. "Increasing Returns and Economic Geography," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 99(3), pages 483-499, June.
- Duffy, John & Papageorgiou, Chris, 2000. "A Cross-Country Empirical Investigation of the Aggregate Production Function Specification," Journal of Economic Growth, Springer, vol. 5(1), pages 87-120, March.
- Andrew T. Young & Matthew J. Higgins & Daniel Levy, 2008.
"Sigma Convergence versus Beta Convergence: Evidence from U.S. County-Level Data,"
Journal of Money, Credit and Banking,
Blackwell Publishing, vol. 40(5), pages 1083-1093, August.
- Andrew T. Young & Matthew J. Higgins & Daniel Levy, 2003. "Sigma Convergence Versus Beta Convergence: Evidence from U.S. County-Level Data," Working Papers 2003-06, Bar-Ilan University, Department of Economics.
- Young, Andrew & Higgins, Matthew & Levy, Daniel, 2007. "Sigma Convergence versus Beta Convergence: Evidence from U.S. County-Level Data," MPRA Paper 2714, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Andrew Young & Matthew Higgins & Daniel Levy, 2005. "Sigma-Convergence Versus Beta-Convergence: Evidence from U.S. County-Level Data," Macroeconomics 0505008, EconWPA.
- Kneller, Richard & Andrew Stevens, Philip, 2003. "The specification of the aggregate production function in the presence of inefficiency," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 81(2), pages 223-226, November.
- Kumbhakar, Subal C. & Wang, Hung-Jen, 2005. "Estimation of growth convergence using a stochastic production frontier approach," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 88(3), pages 300-305, September.
- Meeusen, Wim & van den Broeck, Julien, 1977. "Efficiency Estimation from Cobb-Douglas Production Functions with Composed Error," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 18(2), pages 435-444, June.
- Frauke G. Braun & Astrid Cullmann, 2011. "Regional Differences of Production and Efficiency of Mexican Manufacturing: An Application of Nested and Stochastic Frontier Panel Models," Journal of Developing Areas, Tennessee State University, College of Business, vol. 45(1), pages 291-311, July-Dece.
- Antonio Alvarez, 2007. "Decomposing regional productivity growth using an aggregate production frontier," The Annals of Regional Science, Springer;Western Regional Science Association, vol. 41(2), pages 431-441, June.
- Mercedes Gumbau-Albert, 2000. "Efficiency and technical progress: sources of convergence in the Spanish regions," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 32(4), pages 467-478.
- Schmutzler, Armin, 1999. " The New Economic Geography," Journal of Economic Surveys, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 13(4), pages 355-379, September.
- Bannister, Geoffrey J. & Stolp, Chandler, 1995. "Regional concentration and efficiency in Mexican manufacturing," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 80(3), pages 672-690, February.
- Scott Merryman, 2010. "FRONTIER_TECI: Stata module to generate technical efficiency confidence intervals," Statistical Software Components S4571691, Boston College Department of Economics, revised 17 Sep 2014.
- Aigner, Dennis & Lovell, C. A. Knox & Schmidt, Peter, 1977. "Formulation and estimation of stochastic frontier production function models," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 6(1), pages 21-37, July.
- Kumbhakar,Subal C. & Lovell,C. A. Knox, 2003. "Stochastic Frontier Analysis," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521666633, March.
More about this item
KeywordsManufacturing; Mexican regions; Labor productivity; Stochastic frontier; Structural efficiency; Technical efficiency.;
- D24 - Microeconomics - - Production and Organizations - - - Production; Cost; Capital; Capital, Total Factor, and Multifactor Productivity; Capacity
- L60 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Manufacturing - - - General
- O18 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Urban, Rural, Regional, and Transportation Analysis; Housing; Infrastructure
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eaa:eerese:v:13:y2013:i:2_4. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (M. Carmen Guisan). General contact details of provider: http://www.usc.es/economet/eaa.htm .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.