A global Malmquist productivity index
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Ray, Subhash C & Desli, Evangelia, 1997. "Productivity Growth, Technical Progress, and Efficiency Change in Industrialized Countries: Comment," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 87(5), pages 1033-1039, December.
- Caves, Douglas W & Christensen, Laurits R & Diewert, W Erwin, 1982. "The Economic Theory of Index Numbers and the Measurement of Input, Output, and Productivity," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 50(6), pages 1393-1414, November.
- Rikard Althin, 2001. "Measurement of Productivity Changes: Two Malmquist Index Approaches," Journal of Productivity Analysis, Springer, vol. 16(2), pages 107-128, September.
- Mei Xue & Patrick T. Harker, 2002. "Note: Ranking DMUs with Infeasible Super-Efficiency DEA Models," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 48(5), pages 705-710, May.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Diego Prior, 2006. "Efficiency and total quality management in health care organizations: A dynamic frontier approach," Annals of Operations Research, Springer, vol. 145(1), pages 281-299, July.
- Briec, Walter & Kerstens, Kristiaan, 2009.
"The Luenberger productivity indicator: An economic specification leading to infeasibilities,"
Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 26(3), pages 597-600, May.
- Walter Briec & Kristiaan Kerstens, 2008. "The Luenberger Productivity Indicator: An Economic Specifcation Leading to Infeasibilities," Working Papers 2008-ECO-09, IESEG School of Management.
- Walter Briec & K. Kerstens, 2009. "The Luenberger Productivity Indicator: An Economic Specification Leading to Infeasibilities," Post-Print hal-00372482, HAL.
- Aparicio, Juan & Crespo-Cebada, Eva & Pedraja-Chaparro, Francisco & Santín, Daniel, 2017. "Comparing school ownership performance using a pseudo-panel database: A Malmquist-type index approach," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 256(2), pages 533-542.
- Mohsen Afsharian & Heinz Ahn, 2015. "The overall Malmquist index: a new approach for measuring productivity changes over time," Annals of Operations Research, Springer, vol. 226(1), pages 1-27, March.
- Pontus Mattsson & Jonas Månsson & Christian Andersson & Fredrik Bonander, 2018. "A bootstrapped Malmquist index applied to Swedish district courts," European Journal of Law and Economics, Springer, vol. 46(1), pages 109-139, August.
- Barnabé Walheer, 2018. "Cost Malmquist productivity index: an output-specific approach for group comparison," Journal of Productivity Analysis, Springer, vol. 49(1), pages 79-94, February.
- Afsharian, Mohsen & Ahn, Heinz & Harms, Sören Guntram, 2019. "Performance comparison of management groups under centralised management," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 278(3), pages 845-854.
- Houyem Zrelli & Abdullah H. Alsharif & Iskander Tlili, 2020. "Malmquist Indexes of Productivity Change in Tunisian Manufacturing Industries," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 12(4), pages 1-20, February.
- Bos, J.W.B. & van Santen, P.C. & Schilp, P., 2013.
"The importance of reallocation for productivity growth: Evidence from European and US banking,"
056, Maastricht University, Graduate School of Business and Economics (GSBE).
- Bos, Jaap W.B. & van Santen, Peter C., 2015. "The Importance of Reallocation for Productivity Growth: Evidence from European and US Banking," Working Paper Series 296, Sveriges Riksbank (Central Bank of Sweden).
- Jesus T. Pastor & Knox Lovell & Juan Aparicio, 2018. "Defining a new graph inefficiency measure for the Proportional Directional Distance Function and introducing a new Malmquist productivity index," CEPA Working Papers Series WP052018, School of Economics, University of Queensland, Australia.
- repec:ags:phajad:199094 is not listed on IDEAS
- E. Grifell-Tatjé & C. Lovell, 2014.
"Productivity, price recovery, capacity constraints and their financial consequences,"
Journal of Productivity Analysis, Springer, vol. 41(1), pages 3-17, February.
- E. Grifell-Tatje & C. A. K. Lovell, 2013. "Productivity, Price Recovery, Capacity Constraints and their Financial Consequences," CEPA Working Papers Series WP032013, School of Economics, University of Queensland, Australia.
- Cheng, Xiaomei & Bjørndal, Endre & Lien, Gudbrand & Bjørndal, Mette, 2015. "Productivity Development for Norwegian Electricity Distribution Companies 2004-2013," Discussion Papers 2015/27, Norwegian School of Economics, Department of Business and Management Science.
- Okuda, Hidenobu & Poleng, Chea & Aiba, Daiju, 2014. "Operational Efficiency and TFP Change of Major Cambodian Financial Institutions:A Data Envelopment Analysis during the 2006-2011 Period," Discussion Papers 2014-02, Graduate School of Economics, Hitotsubashi University.
- Lee, Jeong Yeon & Kim, Doyeon, 2013. "Bank performance and its determinants in Korea," Japan and the World Economy, Elsevier, vol. 27(C), pages 83-94.
- Fernández, Ana Isabel & Gascón, Fernando & González , Eduardo, 2001. "Economic Efficiency and Value Maximization in Banking Firms," Efficiency Series Papers 2001/11, University of Oviedo, Department of Economics, Oviedo Efficiency Group (OEG).
- Antonio Peyrache, 2014. "Hicks-Moorsteen versus Malmquist: a connection by means of a radial productivity index," Journal of Productivity Analysis, Springer, vol. 41(3), pages 435-442, June.
- Mahlberg, Bernhard & Luptacik, Mikulas & Sahoo, Biresh K., 2011. "Examining the drivers of total factor productivity change with an illustrative example of 14 EU countries," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 72(C), pages 60-69.
- W. Erwin Diewert & Kevin J. Fox, 2014.
"Decomposing Bjurek Productivity Indexes into Explanatory Factors,"
2014-33, School of Economics, The University of New South Wales.
- Diewert, Erwin & Fox, Kevin J., 2014. "Decomposing Bjurek Productivity Indexes into Explanatory Factors," Economics working papers erwin_diewert-2014-32, Vancouver School of Economics, revised 30 Jun 2014.
- Neves Bezerra de Melo, Felipe Luiz & Sampaio, Raquel Menezes Bezerra & Sampaio, Luciano Menezes Bezerra, 2018. "Efficiency, productivity gains, and the size of Brazilian supermarkets," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 197(C), pages 99-111.
- Cristian Barra & Roberto Zotti, 2016. "Measuring Efficiency in Higher Education: An Empirical Study Using a Bootstrapped Data Envelopment Analysis," International Advances in Economic Research, Springer;International Atlantic Economic Society, vol. 22(1), pages 11-33, February.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:ecolet:v:88:y:2005:i:2:p:266-271. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Haili He). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/ecolet .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.