The Luenberger Productivity Indicator: An Economic Specification Leading to Infeasibilities
Download full text from publisherTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Other versions of this item:
- Briec, Walter & Kerstens, Kristiaan, 2009. "The Luenberger productivity indicator: An economic specification leading to infeasibilities," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 26(3), pages 597-600, May.
- Walter Briec & Kristiaan Kerstens, 2008. "The Luenberger Productivity Indicator: An Economic Specifcation Leading to Infeasibilities," Working Papers 2008-ECO-09, IESEG School of Management.
References listed on IDEAS
- Walter Briec & Kristiaan Kerstens, 2008. "Infeasibility and Directional Distance Functions with Application to the Determinateness of the Luenberger Productivity Indicator," Working Papers 2008-ECO-11, IESEG School of Management.
- Robert G. Chambers & Rulon D. Pope, 1996. "Aggregate Productivity Measures," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 78(5), pages 1360-1365.
- Charles R. Hulten, 2001. "Total Factor Productivity: A Short Biography," NBER Chapters,in: New Developments in Productivity Analysis, pages 1-54 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Chambers, Robert G. & Fare, Rolf & Grosskopf, Shawna, 1996. "Productivity Growth in APEC Countries," Working Papers 197843, University of Maryland, Department of Agricultural and Resource Economics.
- Jean-Philippe Boussemart & Walter Briec & Kristiaan Kerstens & Jean-Christophe Poutineau, 2003.
"Luenberger and Malmquist Productivity Indices: Theoretical Comparisons and Empirical Illustration,"
Bulletin of Economic Research,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 55(4), pages 391-405, October.
- Jean-Christophe Poutineau & W. Briec & J.-P. Boussemart & Kristiaan Kerstens, 2003. "Luenberger and Malmquist Productivity Indices: Theoretical Comparisons and Empirical Illustration," Post-Print halshs-00068813, HAL.
- Guironnet, J.-P. & Peypoch, N., 2007. "Human capital allocation and overeducation: A measure of French productivity (1987, 1999)," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 24(3), pages 398-410, May.
- S. Managi, 2003. "Luenberger and Malmquist productivity indices in Japan, 1955-1995," Applied Economics Letters, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 10(9), pages 581-584.
- Per Andersen & Niels Christian Petersen, 1993. "A Procedure for Ranking Efficient Units in Data Envelopment Analysis," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 39(10), pages 1261-1264, October.
- Carlos Pestana Barros & Nicolas Peypoch, 2007. "Comparing Productivity Change in Italian and Portuguese Seaports using the Luenberger Indicator Approach," Maritime Economics & Logistics, Palgrave Macmillan;International Association of Maritime Economists (IAME), vol. 9(2), pages 138-147, June.
- Atkinson, Scott E & Cornwell, Christopher & Honerkamp, Olaf, 2003. "Measuring and Decomposing Productivity Change: Stochastic Distance Function Estimation versus Data Envelopment Analysis," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 21(2), pages 284-294, April.
- Varian, Hal R, 1984. "The Nonparametric Approach to Production Analysis," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 52(3), pages 579-597, May.
- Nakano, Makiko & Managi, Shunsuke, 2008. "Regulatory reforms and productivity: An empirical analysis of the Japanese electricity industry," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 36(1), pages 201-209, January.
- Ray, Subhash C & Desli, Evangelia, 1997. "Productivity Growth, Technical Progress, and Efficiency Change in Industrialized Countries: Comment," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 87(5), pages 1033-1039, December.
- Simar, Leopold & Wilson, Paul W., 1999. "Estimating and bootstrapping Malmquist indices," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 115(3), pages 459-471, June.
- Mukherjee, Kankana & Ray, Subhash C. & Miller, Stephen M., 2001. "Productivity growth in large US commercial banks: The initial post-deregulation experience," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 25(5), pages 913-939, May.
- repec:pal:jorsoc:v:55:y:2004:i:10:d:10.1057_palgrave.jors.2601768 is not listed on IDEAS
- Tortosa-Ausina, Emili & Grifell-Tatje, Emili & Armero, Carmen & Conesa, David, 2008.
"Sensitivity analysis of efficiency and Malmquist productivity indices: An application to Spanish savings banks,"
European Journal of Operational Research,
Elsevier, vol. 184(3), pages 1062-1084, February.
- Emili Tortosa Ausina, 2002. "Sensitivity Analysis Of Efficiency And Malmquist Productivity Indices: An Application To Spanish Savings Banks," Working Papers. Serie EC 2002-30, Instituto Valenciano de Investigaciones Económicas, S.A. (Ivie).
- Peter Bogetoft & Dexiang Wang, 2005. "Estimating the Potential Gains from Mergers," Journal of Productivity Analysis, Springer, vol. 23(2), pages 145-171, May.
- Caves, Douglas W & Christensen, Laurits R & Diewert, W Erwin, 1982. "The Economic Theory of Index Numbers and the Measurement of Input, Output, and Productivity," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 50(6), pages 1393-1414, November.
- Jose Zofio & C. A. Knox Lovell, 2001. "Graph efficiency and productivity measures: an application to US agriculture," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 33(11), pages 1433-1442.
- Jean-Paul Chavas & Kwansoo Kim, 2007. "Measurement and Sources of Economies of Scope: A Primal Approach," Journal of Institutional and Theoretical Economics (JITE), Mohr Siebeck, Tübingen, vol. 163(3), pages 411-427, September.
- Banker, Rajiv D & Maindiratta, Ajay, 1988. "Nonparametric Analysis of Technical and Allocative Efficiencies in Production," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 56(6), pages 1315-1332, November.
- Walter Briec & K. Kerstens, 2009. "Infeasibilities and directional distance functions: with application to the determinateness of the luenberger productivity indicator," Post-Print hal-00372560, HAL.
- Rikard Althin, 2001. "Measurement of Productivity Changes: Two Malmquist Index Approaches," Journal of Productivity Analysis, Springer, vol. 16(2), pages 107-128, September.
- Fare, Rolf & Grosskopf, Shawna & Norris, Mary, 1997. "Productivity Growth, Technical Progress, and Efficiency Change in Industrialized Countries: Reply," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 87(5), pages 1040-1043, December.
- Robert G. Chambers, 2002. "Exact nonradial input, output, and productivity measurement," Economic Theory, Springer;Society for the Advancement of Economic Theory (SAET), vol. 20(4), pages 751-765.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Antonio José Orozco Gallo, 2014.
"Una aproximación regional a la eficiencia y productividad de los hospitales públicos colombianos,"
DOCUMENTOS DE TRABAJO SOBRE ECONOMÍA REGIONAL Y URBANA
011548, BANCO DE LA REPÚBLICA - ECONOMÍA REGIONAL.
- Antonio José Orozco Gallo, 2014. "Una aproximación regional a la eficiencia y productividad de los hospitales públicos colombianos," Documentos de trabajo sobre Economía Regional y Urbana 201, Banco de la Republica de Colombia.
- Vouldis, Angelos T. & Michaelides, Panayotis G. & Tsionas, Efthymios G., 2010. "Estimating semi-parametric output distance functions with neural-based reduced form equations using LIML," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 27(3), pages 697-704, May.
- Färe, Rolf & Grosskopf, Shawna & Lundgren, Tommy & Marklund, Per-Olov & Zhou, Wenchao, 2012. "Productivity: Should We Include Bads?," CERE Working Papers 2012:13, CERE - the Center for Environmental and Resource Economics.
- repec:spt:apfiba:v:8:y:2018:i:5:f:8_5_2 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:eee:jomega:v:72:y:2017:i:c:p:1-14 is not listed on IDEAS
- Epure, Mircea & Kerstens, Kristiaan & Prior, Diego, 2011.
"Bank productivity and performance groups: A decomposition approach based upon the Luenberger productivity indicator,"
European Journal of Operational Research,
Elsevier, vol. 211(3), pages 630-641, June.
- M. Epure & K. Kerstens & D. Prior, 2011. "Bank Productivity and Performance Groups: A Decomposition Approach Based upon the Luenberger Productivity Indicator," Post-Print hal-00570234, HAL.
- Kapelko, M. & Horta, I.M. & Camanho, A.S. & Oude Lansink, A., 2015. "Measurement of input-specific productivity growth with an application to the construction industry in Spain and Portugal," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 166(C), pages 64-71.
- repec:eee:jomega:v:78:y:2018:i:c:p:176-178 is not listed on IDEAS
- Kapelko, Magdalena & Oude Lansink, Alfons & Stefanou, Spiro E., 2015. "Analyzing the impact of investment spikes on dynamic productivity growth," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 54(C), pages 116-124.
- Barros, Carlos P. & Guironnet, Jean-Pascal & Peypoch, Nicolas, 2011.
"Productivity growth and biased technical change in French higher education,"
Elsevier, vol. 28(1), pages 641-646.
- Barros, Carlos P. & Guironnet, Jean-Pascal & Peypoch, Nicolas, 2011. "Productivity growth and biased technical change in French higher education," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 28(1-2), pages 641-646, January.
- Carlos Barros & Jean-Pascal Guironnet & Nicolas Peypoch, 2011. "Productivity growth and biased technical change in French higher education," Post-Print halshs-00657261, HAL.
- Wang, Ke & Wei, Yi-Ming, 2016.
"Sources of energy productivity change in China during 1997–2012: A decomposition analysis based on the Luenberger productivity indicator,"
Elsevier, vol. 54(C), pages 50-59.
- Ke Wang & Yi-Ming Wei, 2015. "Sources of energy productivity change in China during 1997-2012: A decomposition analysis based on the Luenberger productivity indicator," CEEP-BIT Working Papers 86, Center for Energy and Environmental Policy Research (CEEP), Beijing Institute of Technology.
- Juo, Jia-Ching & Fu, Tsu-Tan & Yu, Ming-Miin & Lin, Yu-Hui, 2016. "Non-radial profit performance: An application to Taiwanese banks," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 65(C), pages 111-121.
More about this item
- C43 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods: Special Topics - - - Index Numbers and Aggregation
- D21 - Microeconomics - - Production and Organizations - - - Firm Behavior: Theory
- D24 - Microeconomics - - Production and Organizations - - - Production; Cost; Capital; Capital, Total Factor, and Multifactor Productivity; Capacity
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:hal:journl:hal-00372482. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (CCSD). General contact details of provider: https://hal.archives-ouvertes.fr/ .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.